Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By saunafool

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/6/15 10:00 AM
  • Number: 2007259
  • Recommendations: 39
Yeah, the South is pretty full of itself considering how far behind they lag the country by nearly every economic and social metric.

Specifically regarding the Confederate flag, I recently sent this note to a Southern
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/6/15 7:22 AM
  • Number: 2007243
  • Recommendations: 3
As everyone knows, Greece voted "no" to another round of ECB "bailouts" and austerity.

I say "bailouts" because this is a loaded term implying that the ECB is letting the Greeks off the hook with free
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/3/15 7:10 AM
  • Number: 2006985
  • Recommendations: 0
If Hillary does win, she will have done something not seen since 1836 for the Dem party when Van Buren followed Andrew Jackson.

Is this because Truman getting elected in 1948 was after 16 years of Roosevelt with a bit of Truman at
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/3/15 6:43 AM
  • Number: 2006984
  • Recommendations: 2
"people of conscience" -- who are these people? I myself am an atheist, but I consider myself -- and every normal human being -- to be a person of conscience.

That would be true if we were using dictionary definitions, but
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/2/15 5:04 AM
  • Number: 70759
One interesting thing in this story is that George Pataki called Trump out on the racism (undoubtedly trying to get some recognition), and asked the other candidates to also do so.

So far, crickets...
  • Date: 7/2/15 5:02 AM
  • Number: 2006767
  • Recommendations: 59
We've been hearing this phrase a lot lately.

In the 2012 cycle, it was the "productive class" that the Republicans were trying to protect--against the "moochers" although they never used the word "moocher." (I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/2/15 4:54 AM
  • Number: 2006766
He'd never get my vote.

Oh, he'd never get my vote either. Rather, my comment was just to say that, if the choices only included Republicans, I would take Kasich
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/1/15 6:56 AM
  • Number: 2006587
  • Recommendations: 1
A reasonable, rational guy,...

If the next President had to be a Republican, from the list available so far, I'd also pick Kasich.

Will be very interesting to see how he fares in the Republican primaries. I suspect the other
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/1/15 6:44 AM
  • Number: 475850
  • Recommendations: 6
Another US Economist who doesn't see the basic difference between a US State and a sovereign nation yet feels qualified to opine on how the crisis should be resolved.

Exactly right.

People buy into the "moral"
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/11/15 7:49 AM
  • Number: 1999219
  • Recommendations: 4
For instance and I'm just thinking out loud here but the Girl Scouts make a lot of money selling cookies each year, and it brings attention to their cause. We're talking billions and billions of dollars here...

Except that
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z