Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By saunafool

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/23/15 3:29 AM
  • Number: 446732
  • Recommendations: 35
It's been a couple weeks since the Charlie Hebdo attack, but I just saw one of my friends. His parents became born agains when he was growing up, which in turn, drove him to become an atheist. He just thought it was all a crock.

Anyway,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/23/15 3:25 AM
  • Number: 466964
  • Recommendations: 2
"With every change someone gets screwed."

Reminds me of a quote from Jaques Chirac. When asked why it was so difficult to reform the French finances, he said, "dans chaque niche est un chien qui mort".

A
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/23/15 3:16 AM
  • Number: 1980594
  • Recommendations: 1
the concept of a ring of really bad neighborhoods around Paris has been explored for a long time now

And you could explore the concept of really bad neighborhoods around any major city in the Western World of similar size. Bad urban
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/23/15 3:07 AM
  • Number: 1980593
  • Recommendations: 1
So how did my original post mislabel the links to the French content by saying the videos supported the idea of no go zones.

Well, you know, the part where you labeled the videos as being about "no go zones". Here is how
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/22/15 10:46 AM
  • Number: 466884
  • Recommendations: 3
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30933515
The ECB will buy bonds worth 60bn per month until the end of September 2016 and possibly longer, in what is known as quantitative easing
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/22/15 10:37 AM
  • Number: 1980530
  • Recommendations: 0
One final point about my translation.

You will note that the "zone de non droit" is just a name used by the media and politicians.

There is no geography which is formally or informally recognized by the police or state
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/22/15 10:28 AM
  • Number: 1980529
  • Recommendations: 6
Une zone de non-droit est, dans le vocabulaire politique ou journalistique, un quartier laissé pour compte où la police n'est que peu présente voire pas, laissant la délinquance s'installer[1], soit plus généralement
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/22/15 4:10 AM
  • Number: 1980522
  • Recommendations: 8
Violence dans une Cité de Non Droit,

This translates as "violence in a city without rights."

Watching the report, it is about drug dealing in the inner city, not about radical Islam, not about Sharia Law, not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/21/15 10:44 AM
  • Number: 1980422
  • Recommendations: 18
Your original post mislabeled the links to the French content by saying the videos supported the idea of no go zones. The videos in question have nothing to do with no go zones as described by the fiction writers at Fox News.
  • Date: 1/21/15 8:54 AM
  • Number: 466801
  • Recommendations: 0
I hope they are really fast. My mother will be needing it within the next 6 months.
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z