Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By brittlerock

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/18/18 1:26 PM
  • Number: 40298
  • Recommendations: 0
Mostly I was just seeing the snake with Larry Ellison's face . . .

Larry would not have been shy about making the claim, irrespective of how inappropriate it might have been.
  • Date: 4/17/18 9:51 PM
  • Number: 40275
Could have just as easily been Oracle
  • Date: 4/17/18 2:12 PM
  • Number: 40260
Duma,
I should have been more clear. My son-in-law sells wine to retailers (i.e. restaurants, wine shops, etc.), he is not a seller directly to the consumer. His influence determines what the consumer sees on the shelves of retailers and the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/18 12:48 AM
  • Number: 40237
Smorg,
I said hard, not impossible. But even with the groups cited, the drummers rarely play in unison. One usually has the responsibility for holding the groove while the other plays some syncopation around the groove drummer.
  • Date: 4/15/18 3:30 PM
  • Number: 40136
  • Recommendations: 2
2008 was a very special year for China because they hosted the summer Olympics that year. It was their first big performance on the world stage. 8 is an auspicious number in the very superstitious Chinese culture. The Olympics opened a 8:00 PM on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/15/18 3:06 PM
  • Number: 40134
  • Recommendations: 4
Saul,
That's just one of countless examples of how Chinese companies take advantage of foreign investors. The scenario is almost always the same. The analysts are invited to the company's HQ, usually very modern and glitzy. The meeting
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/15/18 2:51 PM
  • Number: 40132
  • Recommendations: 4
Duma,
That's a lot, I've already written a bunch so I'll just touch on a few things.

My impression is that the Chinese admire America and aspire to their impression of an American lifestyle, gleaned mostly from movies and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/15/18 2:19 PM
  • Number: 40129
  • Recommendations: 1
Smorg,
I absolutely agree. The risk levels associated with huge leveraged deals was given as the primary reason for the government's takeover of Anbang Insurance Group. The point was not only to curtail their activities before the whole
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/15/18 2:16 PM
  • Number: 40128
  • Recommendations: 2
Smorg,
I can only assume that the reports you cited are from reasonably reliable sources. I am a casual observer of things Chinese because my wife is Chinese and I have lived in the country about 25% of the time for a number of years. At the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/15/18 2:00 PM
  • Number: 40126
Dreamer,
Baidu is used exclusively by everyone I know in China and I assume pretty much everyone who goes online and searches for something. So far as I know, there's no viable alternative. This is, IMO, the primary reason that the Chinese
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z