Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By FoolishVintner

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/13/15 10:19 AM
  • Number: 1999530
  • Recommendations: 0
From Seattle I can buy car insurance from a lizard in Omaha, NE or from President Palmer in Chicago, IL. Why shouldn't I be able to buy health insurance?

Maybe you should be able to, I have no strong opinions about it either way.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/13/15 10:14 AM
  • Number: 1999528
It's not inconsistent to point out that the basic underlying principles have merit while pointing out that the democrats touched the bill and frakked a lot of it up.

Not so much of it that Romney didn't brag about it, or recommend it
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/13/15 9:55 AM
  • Number: 1999516
  • Recommendations: 1
And let's not forget the biggest difference: Obamacare is Federal vs Romneycare State.

If healthcare is going to change, it should be done by the states and NOT the federal government.

That is one argument against the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/13/15 9:37 AM
  • Number: 1999508
Can't fix stupid.

"So in your mind, what was eventually adopted in Mass is exactly what Romney wanted?"

I'm sure there were compromises (EGAD! THAT WORD AGAIN!!) that were not to his liking, just as there
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/13/15 12:01 AM
  • Number: 1999490
  • Recommendations: 5
In effect, the GOP is rebranding Christianity out of a moderate constituency.

That's part of it. But I also think that the internet is hugely influential. Religions have always survived by controlling the information that people are
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/12/15 10:01 AM
  • Number: 1999392
Selling insurance across state lines is not unconstitutional. The federal government could easily pass a law pre-empting state regulation of insurance products, if it chose

I can just imagine how much froth would be produced around
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/12/15 9:54 AM
  • Number: 1999391
  • Recommendations: 29
Name one amendment allowed by the Dim majority in either house?

One amendment? How about 161 amendments? Out of 210 Republican amendments, only 49 were rejected.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/11/15 10:29 PM
  • Number: 776598
It wasn't that long ago in the history of the church that it was committing atrocities every bit as evil and backwards as the worst of Islam today. So we can't imagine that Christianity is somehow inherently or intrinsically better than Islam,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/11/15 9:40 AM
  • Number: 776527
And Christians were mighty upset over the crucifix in urine but they didn't try to kill anybody because of it. Responsible people don't kill people for upsetting them. That is the responsibility lesson here.

When the church was in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/11/15 9:27 AM
  • Number: 451958
  • Recommendations: 28
But all of his policies of which I am aware were, basically, wrong. Supply-side doesn't work. The solar panels on the White House were already in and paid-for, but he ripped them out. Iran-Contra. Support for Marcos and the Shah (and others).
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z