• Number: 59589
  • Recommendations: 1
SP: Take this trip down memory lane by way of reply:

I much prefer these memories:

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/18/14 2:13 PM
  • Number: 59580
  • Recommendations: 63
Ronald Reagan committed a similar treason when he negotiated with the crazies in Iran to delay the release of the hostages. Not only is there substantial evidence of Reagan's October Surprise, it is the only thing that explains his subsequent arms
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/14/14 2:23 PM
  • Number: 1953833
  • Recommendations: 2
As of Aug. 12, 2014, Obama has taken 20 "vacations" affecting all or part 129 days. In the comparable period, Bush had taken 58 trips for all or part of 381 days.

To quote Bill Murray in Meatballs: "It just doesn't
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/4/14 10:30 AM
  • Number: 1951979
  • Recommendations: 5
What's the common denominator of these countries?
...Eleven Countries Near Bankruptcy...

This is one of those times when I wish we could rec a post to get one The Motley Fool's "dumbest of" list.

Dude. The fact
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/4/14 10:22 AM
  • Number: 1951977
  • Recommendations: 8
Nope - it was about a bungled roll out. A gajillion expert software engineers in the world and they hire a firm who couldn't get the job done. And you call that leadership? Yikes.

Wow, you're moving the goalposts ALL the way back,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/3/14 8:15 PM
  • Number: 1951911
  • Recommendations: 0
"Isn't it odd, then, that free/affordable/single payer health care systems are not only ubiquitous among nations with the highest rated health care, but also ubiquitous among the world's most prosperous nations? "

Have you

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/3/14 5:38 PM
  • Number: 1951883
  • Recommendations: 57
Free/affordable medical care is one of the no-brainer ways to bankrupt a country.

Isn't it odd, then, that free/affordable/single payer health care systems are not only ubiquitous among nations with the highest rated health care, but
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/3/14 5:33 PM
  • Number: 1951882
  • Recommendations: 33
I think what you mean is despite its unpopularity and bloated cost, lefty pundits will call it a success. And it will still be one, to the left, even if most people disagree.

Hope you did not think that was a news flash?

No,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/3/14 1:28 AM
  • Number: 1951759
  • Recommendations: 66
The 2015 rates for Obamacare plans are starting to trickle in, and so far the only state that has announced significant rate increases is Florida, which exempted itself from key provisions of the ACA that would keep rates down. All other states have
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/3/14 1:14 AM
  • Number: 1951758
  • Recommendations: 0
You got what you voted for Florida...

In defiance of the ACA, Florida exempted itself from all of the price controls in the ACA, so the insurers get millions of more customer AND unbridled premium increases.

If by "you
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z