Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By AdvocatusDiaboli

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/29/15 5:57 AM
  • Number: 472125
  • Recommendations: 4
Low interest rates don't only "borrow demand from the future", they also make demand possible that would otherwise not exist.
For example, low capital costs are KEY to solar power investments, which are mostly up-front.
A solar
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/15 2:44 AM
  • Number: 61697
  • Recommendations: 0

So why didn't private companies prepare for that? If it was so predictable, where are the private industry solutions to the water crisis? In your link, all those proposed desalination plants were being built using state subsidies and

(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/15 2:39 AM
  • Number: 14058
I was kind of hoping I could get "non-compliance" in there somewhere, but I suppose I'll go with Sheila's/Wessex's solution.
  • Date: 3/24/15 2:37 AM
  • Number: 470025
  • Recommendations: 2
But in this case, I am mystified, because the myopic greed isn't there - people are buying bonds, even long-term ones, that will very likely not earn them much of a real return for years, even decades. I just don't get it. The stupidity is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/15 9:15 AM
  • Number: 469993
  • Recommendations: 5
But with the very large percentages of cash on balance sheets (including my own accounts), perhaps any liquidity crisis could be rapidly averted.

All that is required for the economy to melt down is a sufficient number of people
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/15 6:34 AM
  • Number: 14054
I want to express that a company is at risk if it doesn't comply with its contractual obligations in rendering its services.

This wording doesn't sound sophisticated enough, however.

I'm not sure if any of the following
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/22/15 8:03 AM
  • Number: 469959

It's pretty clear that there is tons of capital out there ready to pounce on any increase in yields like vultures.

Right up to the moment that there isn't.
When it's all sunshine and flowers it's tempting to think that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/21/15 10:11 AM
  • Number: 469893
  • Recommendations: 14
Political magazines like Der Spiegel, that support nuclear and coal power generation, are not reliable sources.

"Der Spiegel" is a weekly German magazine. Politically it is center-left. It is NOT a political propaganda
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/20/15 10:19 PM
  • Number: 469887
The following NY Times Q&A excerpt explains why I am so insistent on trees as a countermeasure against greenhouse gas emissions:

I guess we should start with shooting all the elephants, as they're responsible for keeping large
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/19/15 11:22 PM
  • Number: 449230
But all of this is being discussed in the context of Israel being forced to do things that it wouldn't allow of its own accord. The issue of the Right of Return wasn't resolved in Taba - IIRC, Taba called for the implementation of UN 194, not its
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z