Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By AdvocatusDiaboli

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/21/14 2:26 PM
  • Number: 57553
  • Recommendations: 0
I might add that I know of course that my calculation doesn't include a cost of capital. I saw an IEA study a while ago which saw the cost of a kWh TRIPLE at a capital cost of 10%. Not entirely sure how that calculation works, though.
In any
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/21/14 1:25 PM
  • Number: 57546
  • Recommendations: 2
Could solar really work well there as a cost-competitive alternative to utility-scale coal, with that low level of solar energy?

I hadn't realized how relatively low China's solar irradiance is, given how close it is to the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/21/14 12:20 PM
  • Number: 203583
  • Recommendations: 1
It's a great platform, and these things are sticky. I can't imagine switching to iOS for any reason.

I switched to the iPad mini retina because fondling it is just more awesome than fondling the Nexus 7.
The RAM-issue really
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/21/14 11:36 AM
  • Number: 57540
Indeed - although I'm not sure that's a caveat,

It was meant as a caveat to the statement "it doesn't matter what other countries do as long as China doesn't cut carbon emissions".
That statement implies that attempts
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/21/14 10:02 AM
  • Number: 57536
  • Recommendations: 3
All of that is why, to quote Jeff Goodell's excellent article on the subject, if China doesn't act to reduce the amount of coal that it burns and will burn going forward, nothing that anyone else does is going to matter:

There is one
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/21/14 7:35 AM
  • Number: 203575
For a long time I've heard about the battery argument more RAM consumes more power, shortening time between charges.

The Nexus 7 (2013) has 2 GB of RAM and a fantastic battery life. I don't think an additional GB of RAM makes an
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/21/14 12:14 AM
  • Number: 748855
Its funny, I heard of those same questions being asked when AIDS/HIV was making its initial rounds.

The difference with HIV is that in Ebola, the number of virus particles you're infected with has a substantial influence on the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/20/14 1:44 PM
  • Number: 61133
You say the system for controlling Ebola in the US is not working. (Presumably you mean TODAY, not a month ago.) I spell out the system and you suggest that it is more than necessary.

If the training and equipment of US hospitals is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/20/14 1:28 PM
  • Number: 61130
I don't agree. The risk to personnel rises rapidly if the patient gets very sick.

Only if the personnel is untrained and lacking equipment - which was the case here.

Are you referring to Thomas Duncan? I'm
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/20/14 1:19 PM
  • Number: 61126
1) Every hospital knows: patient with travel from west Africa or contact with Ebola victim plus fever means immediate isolation and personnel protection.

Well, theoretically. In practice, neither immediate isolation nor
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z