Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By phooLon

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/16/18 7:06 PM
  • Number: 4525
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi Lhdill,

A buyout, being taken private, is not a liquidation.

phooL on!

Lon.
  • Date: 1/16/18 4:35 PM
  • Number: 14053
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi Joe,

I sold a few puts on a stock I thought was going to turn around and go up. Instead, it starting falling even more. So I rolled it out a few months. Then it started dropping even farther to about 1/4 of my strike price. This time,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/16/18 3:38 PM
  • Number: 4521
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi Lhdill,

All of Amtrust's preferred series dropped a lot today. I'm not thrilled and don't know if they will recover anytime soon or, perhaps, continue to plummet this week. Too many unknowns.

Scott is correct that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/15/18 6:57 PM
  • Number: 22094
  • Recommendations: 11
Hi Annie,

Anyone else thinking stocks are getting ahead of themselves?

I have no idea. At any given time it is easy to find plenty of pundits predicting an imminent market rise and/or fall. Here is a recent bear, (Continued...)
  • Date: 1/15/18 11:43 AM
  • Number: 129
Hi Wandering,

I guess I would then need to execute the long call manually to offset the short.

There is no "execute". The term I think you mean is "exercise". You don't want to confuse your
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/14/18 7:41 PM
  • Number: 14050
  • Recommendations: 6
Hi yordy,

I would like to set up a strategy to sell puts, a little out of the money on a monthly basis for income.

I understand to do this one is to write puts, each one 3 months long, expiring every month. Can you provide

(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/14/18 7:03 PM
  • Number: 2287
Hi Michael,

I think I'm hung up on the terminology of "extracting" or "pulling out" profits. Is the amount of profit you are pulling out equal to the credit you received for rolling up and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/12/18 9:27 PM
  • Number: 4516
Hi Lhdill,

That's a good point I hadn't considered: If the company takes the common private, will the preferred be delisted? If so, trading them could be very difficult and costly.

I don't know. I have several
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/12/18 8:43 PM
  • Number: 128
  • Recommendations: 6
Hi J,

I have 95 covered calls that expire next week 1/19 deep in the money so far. I have been thinking of rolling them up and out to July 100 covered calls. They're at 3.40 net credit for the roll right now. Any
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/12/18 5:52 PM
  • Number: 4514
  • Recommendations: 5
Hi Pro Fools,

After selling my common shares at $13 (lucky fluke), I spoke with IR at AFSI yesterday to ask about preferred shares if the buyout proceeds. Learned a few things. First, those seeking to take the company private will not be
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z