Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By ADrumlinDaisy

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/22/14 3:15 PM
  • Number: 465143
  • Recommendations: 2
Whoops, I posted by accident under my Hidden Gems name of Chance Elder Dancer. I was honestly a bit rattled by the news.

So let me second my thoughts of support under the name you are more familiar with.

Best
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/10/14 10:57 PM
  • Number: 7785
  • Recommendations: 12
This is Sammie, my Dad said I could do one post to wish you happy holidays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeaehxEdpgo

happy holidays!

Sammie
  • Date: 12/10/14 8:22 PM
  • Number: 17723
  • Recommendations: 16
OK, if Ed can take some time off, so can I.

This my “have a worried holiday” post, featuring the three grumpy G’s: Gross; Grantham; and Ghussman (the “g” is silent).

Perhaps today was nothing, a normal fluctuation, an outlier in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/10/14 12:54 PM
  • Number: 6652
  • Recommendations: 6
Jim loves this service like a proud dad, and his anger when he feels it's being mistreated in any way is fearsome to behold! :)

Ha ha, I agree!

I figured out a long time ago that you do not heckle a professional comedian at
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/9/14 12:55 AM
  • Number: 17681
  • Recommendations: 2
Wow, that's very leveraged -- seems super-risky to me. Sure hope you're with a broker charging low interest on margin debt, such as IB, at least. But even so, I'd dial down the leverage -- and beta: AINV with a beta of 1.16 is anything but of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/8/14 8:39 PM
  • Number: 17677
  • Recommendations: 18
Hi Anurag,

My plan is to have my overall portfolio allocated 40% to Pro, 30% to VWENX, 15% to VWIAX, 15% to HG selections, 10% to RB picks, 15% to bond funds or their ilk (AINV, for example), and 25% to M* Dividend Investor
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/6/14 12:28 AM
  • Number: 6634
  • Recommendations: 0
So, I am considering trying to write calls against these positions, hoping they never get exercised but maybe relieved if I have to get rid of some of these dogs (OII, NOV, WPRT).

Is my thinking foolish or Foolish?

Hi
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/5/14 4:31 PM
  • Number: 17648
  • Recommendations: 21
Since I was a curmudgeon in a response to Anurag, who is one of my favorite contributors in the MF universe (I particularly enjoyed the post-GG discussion of MDP on the MDP boards), let me pass on one of the most valuable investing lessons I have
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/5/14 11:23 AM
  • Number: 17639
  • Recommendations: 15
Going forward, I would like to create hedges and reduce volatility and I understand that to achieve that I have to give up the high growth that I have been experiencing. I know that you cannot give personal advice so I won't ask for one. That is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/3/14 10:47 AM
  • Number: 11077
  • Recommendations: 1
One crazy idea I never spent any time following up on was starting a company to do the trading and letting friends and family invest by buying shares. Gains could be returned as dividends or reinvested.

It seems like that would be

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z