Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By ADrumlinDaisy

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/9/14 3:34 PM
  • Number: 7314
  • Recommendations: 7
A quick report from New Caledonia:

It turns out that my daughter is here studying the brilliant and enigmatic New Caledonian CROW, and not, as I originally understood, the brilliant and enigmatic New Caledonian COW.

This makes the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/6/14 8:39 PM
  • Number: 3393
  • Recommendations: 5
Sorry, you got miffed when I wrote charting is mumbo-jumbo but that’s what I think.

Hi BigOil1,

I am not sure that I agree with you re the above. Let me try to speak up and show JeffJ that not everyone thinks that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/3/14 1:32 PM
  • Number: 2956
  • Recommendations: 1
Best wishes,
bbmaven

Hi bbmaven,

Thanks for the kind words -- the funny thing is, we seem to be pretty much in the same place vis-à-vis Grantham, a fact that was illuminated for me by your thoughtful and considered
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/3/14 11:14 AM
  • Number: 2952
  • Recommendations: 4
So for me, your perspective is intellectually interesting but almost completely irrelevant to my own circumstances. I'm open to possible counter-arguments . . .

Hi Bill,

I imagine that pretty much everything I say on these
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/2/14 8:49 PM
  • Number: 2946
  • Recommendations: 4
Hi Billy,

Great response – thank you!

For completeness, here is an update of the paper I referenced, extending the analysis to 2014 (an additional six years). The conclusions are much less enthusiastic – basically, that GMO’s
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/2/14 5:18 PM
  • Number: 2944
  • Recommendations: 6
In general I agree with Billy – in fact, I wrote a similar analysis a while ago (before he appeared on the scene) over on the free METAR boards.

That said, I find that I am drowning in the sea of certainty that seems to pervade every
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/1/14 8:58 PM
  • Number: 5939
  • Recommendations: 2
I wish you a Happy Canada Day

Here in the US, we have Independence Day, celebrating the courageous signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, a declaration that was fulfilled through years of war and sacrifice . . .
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/14 3:18 AM
  • Number: 172
  • Recommendations: 5
Hi Jeff,

Nick is probably a better source than I on such things, but since he went a bit toward the high end let me suggest an alternative.

Here is a decent article endorsing a very low-end solution:

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/14 6:57 PM
  • Number: 16640
  • Recommendations: 6
What would you recommend for someone looking to learn more about bonds?

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/14 10:32 AM
  • Number: 1619
  • Recommendations: 0
Write the lower-priced NOK call, and you'll be keeping the special dividend component, and then say it with me....TANSTAAFL...

: ) Thank you Jim! I feel that it constitutes measurable progress that I can now realize that I am quite
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z