Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By worknomore

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/27/15 4:51 PM
  • Number: 1981136
  • Recommendations: 29
Last Friday on an Iowa radio show, Huckabee recounted his culture shock when hearing profanity in the NY Fox workplace. “In Iowa, you would not have people who would throw the f-bomb and use gratuitous profanity in a professional setting. In New
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/26/15 11:15 AM
  • Number: 1980946
  • Recommendations: 56
(Steve Benen, writing on MaddowBlog)

Palin in Iowa:

“An impatient president doesn’t just get to trample our Constitution and ignore Congress just because he doesn’t get exactly what he wants every time he wants it. It’s
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/25/15 1:08 PM
  • Number: 64614
  • Recommendations: 0
Thanks for your post,  lindytoes.  This April will be my 17th year here and, like you,  I've seen and regretted the sharp decline in participation.  As an example,  I looked up the author,  dovebaer6,  of the 340-rec post about trenchrat that 

(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/25/15 9:43 AM
  • Number: 467097
  • Recommendations: 1
CNBC reporter Eamon Javers goes to Cuba with $100 in "sin money." He fires up one of those renowned Cuban stogies after watching it get expertly rolled....asks how many his 100 bills can buy. Then he's off to check out bottles of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/24/15 10:49 AM
  • Number: 1980774
  • Recommendations: 51
Last July, O'Reilly sent his producer/stalker/henchman Jesse Watters to Bennington, VT to malign its residents and VT as liberal, pot-smoking ski bums. It was the sort of mean-spirited filler that Watters has made his specialty. Kids at Mount
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/24/15 9:17 AM
  • Number: 168661
  • Recommendations: 2
A Maine barbershop quartet was on an Indy to New Orleans flight that was delayed for maintenance after everyone had boarded. Passengers were stuck for 5 hours. These 4 elderly gents have won several contests in New England. Notice the smiles
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/23/15 4:44 PM
  • Number: 467005
  • Recommendations: 8
Like many retirees, we prefer to buy experiences rather than material things. Last summer, by far the most educational and enriching experience was an 11-day cruise among Alaska's glaciers. Not a 5-figure cheapie, but the new things we saw and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/22/15 9:43 AM
  • Number: 1980526
  • Recommendations: 58
Joni Ernst's response to Obama’s SOTU called for cuts in government spending and described how her views were shaped from her own simple upbringing. Her family watched every penny, to the point where she owned just one pair of shoes. One of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/21/15 2:35 PM
  • Number: 1980457
  • Recommendations: 6
GOP Congressman Steve King (Iowa) railed against Obama on Twitter only hours before last night's SOTU. He referred to an undocumented immigrant scheduled to sit with Michelle during the speech with this pejorative gem:

“#Obama perverts
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/21/15 9:34 AM
  • Number: 466805
  • Recommendations: 27
JohnEBGood:

Sounds like very early stages of research. You must be aware it takes a long time to get a drug through clinical trials, and such a drug has not even been discovered, right? Hate to be too critical, but I thought I'd
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z