Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By spl241

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 11/21/05 9:28 AM
  • Number: 2360
  • Recommendations: 253
I nominate Seattle Pioneer for this year's Feste. SP is currently 5th on the Fave Fools List (734). Four of his main hangouts are REHP, LBYM, Building & Maintaining A Home, and Consumer Credit/Credit Cards.

One of the main reasons for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/16/05 12:55 PM
  • Number: 631320
  • Recommendations: 184
I bought 2 T-bones and 2 porterhouses today at a great sale price. While driving home, I thought of the very few times my mother had steak for the family when I was a youngster. Portions were carefully parceled out with the admonition,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/25/03 7:23 PM
  • Number: 282635
  • Recommendations: 183
I shouldn't really call you "kid" today. But I do so out of affection. According to the law, you stopped being one of those two years ago when you were eighteen. The year before that, you sat in the second row, the second seat. You
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/11/00 5:13 PM
  • Number: 93621
  • Recommendations: 182
I didn't go to Aldi's this AM looking for "fodder" for a post. I got it anyway. I was in line with several people behind me. The young woman ahead of me was slowing the line by alternately talking with the cashier, who seemed to know her,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/29/03 5:28 PM
  • Number: 433768
  • Recommendations: 147
When I pulled into Aldi Grocery this morning, something didn't seem right. At first, I couldn't determine what it was. Then it hit me: someone had actually left a cart on the parking lot. Someone had possibly consciously determined to forfeit
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/30/12 8:45 AM
  • Number: 1829543
  • Recommendations: 143
Mitt, did you see equipment-laden firefighters out there in heavy wind and rain trying to save expensive homes of ignoramuses who ignored repeated warnings to leave? They had no city water pressure and had to run hoses to the ocean and use their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/21/04 3:44 PM
  • Number: 486506
  • Recommendations: 136
I was at Waldenbooks to use a much-appreciated Xmas gift card from a DD. A woman was in front of me, and a 20-something man was in front of her. (Yeah, this is starting off like http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=20146509
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/7/04 4:35 PM
  • Number: 482329
  • Recommendations: 133
I stopped at the credit union on the way home. A work crew right next to it was doing some gas line repair, and one of the men from the crew was walking from the site as I pulled in. I waited behind him as he reached inside his outer gear and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/21/01 9:07 AM
  • Number: 196116
  • Recommendations: 133
Two paramedics pulled up in their ambulance but didn't order for several minutes. They pointed to the menu board, smiling as they made their decisions about ice cream. They stepped up: "Two large chocolate malts, please." I made and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/9/08 2:26 AM
  • Number: 9807
  • Recommendations: 130
To Our Prospective SIL,

You are far and away the finest man who's been in our oldest DD's life in the 13 years she's been a single mom who was once married to an abusive SOB now in a penitentiary. My wife and I are looking forward to your
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z