Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By CMFHuibs

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/17/17 1:34 PM
  • Number: 35492
  • Recommendations: 1
I'm not an expert on NFLX earnings history, but I voted beat because it would seem to me, as a guess, that this is the kind of company to under-promise and then go above what was signaled. Would I be correct on that, out of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/17/17 12:55 PM
  • Number: 35488
  • Recommendations: 10
All of that information would be so flawed that I consider it worthless to make any projections off of it. I guess it does serve like a confirmation bias Linus security blanket but I don't get much out of the above information as even Netflix
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/16/17 4:56 PM
  • Number: 26785
  • Recommendations: 5
(who has sold "losers" recently to fund a downpayment for a house - but I'm not convinced they really were losers)

..to me, a 'loser' is firstly a stock which hasn't made me any money over, say, 3 years
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/16/17 2:41 PM
  • Number: 27101
  • Recommendations: 0
The current CLNS yield is 7.5% with 65% payout ratio.

..I see the yield of Colony NorthStar Inc. (CLNS) at 2.73%...am I missing something?..
  • Date: 1/16/17 2:27 PM
  • Number: 27100
  • Recommendations: 0
Based on this calculator, i've been spending money on earthquake retrofit, bigger life insurance and building a multi year living expenses cash cushion.

..what's your best guess as to what's "conservative"
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/16/17 2:21 PM
  • Number: 24255
  • Recommendations: 3
Stupid, stupid idea.

..I think it impacts corporations like Walmart and Target and their ilk more, if the same import tax is laden on China..

..and the US isn't about to start manufacturing the cheap goods sold in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/16/17 12:51 PM
  • Number: 35478
  • Recommendations: 5
It's amazing how little we really know about the companies we invest in - especially some of the special ones like NFLX and AMZN and TSLA and AAPL and others who seem to morph before our eyes in directions we never really
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/16/17 12:29 PM
  • Number: 26780
  • Recommendations: 7
I am interested in increasing my cash position. I know others on this board have mentioned doing the same. Would be interested in what others are selling, as I am have difficulty making a decision.

..I've historically
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/15/17 3:35 PM
  • Number: 27086
  • Recommendations: 2
Try this simple calculator I wrote to check this assertion: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1btb46dQGp2SPiUUnlA4J...... (sorry, it is slow loading and doesn't
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/15/17 2:05 PM
  • Number: 42000
  • Recommendations: 3
Youíre out celebrating a friendís birthday. What do you do? Take out your iPhone!

Youíre rafting down the Colorado River or hiking in the Rockies. What do you do? Take out your iPhone!

Youíre driving home from work and see a guy

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z