Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By SaulR80683

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/15/18 4:25 PM
  • Number: 44062
  • Recommendations: 65
Why my investing criteria have changed and evolved

A number of you have commented that my criteria for choosing stocks have changed and evolved over the years. This seems to have caused some perplexity and confusion. The
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/15/18 12:56 PM
  • Number: 44053
  • Recommendations: 47
A Discussion with Steppenwulf about Pivotal

I recently had an off-board discussion about Pivotal with Steppenwulf after he expressed some concerns in a board post. I thought I should post the discussion for all of you, as it seemed
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/18 10:10 AM
  • Number: 44028
  • Recommendations: 1
You highlight your love of recurring revenue in your posts and knowledge base. Where do you find that info, conference call, 10Q...???

Hi JoRoSki,

It's usually the revenue that's on subscription so that it's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/18 8:13 AM
  • Number: 44027
  • Recommendations: 7
Again guys, IT'S TIME TO STOP THIS THREAD or I'll have to start deleting posts, which I really would prefer not to do. It's way Off Topic, and we've had 15 posts or so on it which is enough to exchange information. You can take
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/18 6:28 AM
  • Number: 44023
  • Recommendations: 20
For a concrete example of how they differ, consider Pivotal:

Last quarter their subscription revenue was 58% of total revenue (up from 44% a year ago). That's their recurring revenue, at 58% of total revenue.

Their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/18 4:44 AM
  • Number: 44021
  • Recommendations: 39
The fog sets in when I try to differentiate Retention Rate from Recurring Revenue, always spoken of as a separate item. I understand Recurring revenue to be (quoting Saul) 'last year's revenue repeating this year and building from
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/18 3:26 AM
  • Number: 44017
  • Recommendations: 14
Hi Guys, Our board is for discussing growth stocks. A company who has seen its revenue drop from $117 million to $89 million to $79 million to $65 million in successive quarters is a troubled company that you are considering as a VALUE stock because
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/18 3:09 AM
  • Number: 44016
  • Recommendations: 8
Podcasts are clearly OFF-TOPIC for this board. We've had 13 posts, which is surely enough to share useful information. Please take further discussion off-board. Thanks.
Saul
  • Date: 7/12/18 3:50 PM
  • Number: 43991
  • Recommendations: 22
Best thing I've ever read at 5:00 am. Thanks Saul.

I totally agree with others that your summary should be part of an investor’s core reference base!

I already saved a copy as a PDF in my investing folder.

Thank

(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/12/18 4:58 AM
  • Number: 43966
  • Recommendations: 29
I just thought of another factor. Some of my current stocks I moved into because I perceived that they were misunderstood by the market.

Twilio, where growth evaporated because a previous large customer, Uber, decided to
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z