Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By SaulR80683

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/26/18 3:44 PM
  • Number: 41800
  • Recommendations: 145
My portfolio at the end of May 2018

Here’s the summary of my positions at the end of May. As usual, I figure as of the last weekend of the month. This month it came out to be four full weeks, and three trading days get added to June.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/15/15 1:39 PM
  • Number: 6695
  • Recommendations: 143
In was recently looking through my 50th Anniversary college yearbook, in which I had answered the question: What have you learned in the fifty years since graduation? This was my response, if any one is interested.

Saul

What
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/12/18 4:27 AM
  • Number: 43965
  • Recommendations: 142
I start with P/S together with the 1 year revenue growth rate. This is just the start. I also consider GM, customer growth, cashflow, and other factors which are more intangible like competitive advantage. There are a lot of considerations when I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/28/17 2:47 PM
  • Number: 34266
  • Recommendations: 138
What have I learned in 50 years.

I recently noted that this post of mine from almost three years ago got the most recs ever for any of my posts, so I thought I’d repost it for the benefit of those of you who recently joined the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/28/17 4:51 AM
  • Number: 28181
  • Recommendations: 136
My portfolio at the end of May 2017

Here’s the summary of my positions at the end of May. Boy, this is a lot of work to do, to put together, to format, and all the rest. As I usually do, I’m giving my results as of the last weekend
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/18 5:25 AM
  • Number: 40408
  • Recommendations: 129
My thoughts about the valuation of our companies

I was curious about what your thoughts were to the maximum limits of your valuation stock price being irrelevant. Using SHOP at 19.9 p/s, many people say this is an extremely high
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/24/18 9:56 AM
  • Number: 37726
  • Recommendations: 127
My portfolio at the end of Feb 2018

Here’s the summary of my positions at the end of February. As usual, I figure as of the last weekend of the month. This month is a 28 day month, and Friday was only the 23rd and the last day of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/6/18 7:43 PM
  • Number: 35534
  • Recommendations: 127
Reflections on investing

A year ago this month, I was not satisfied at all with my recent results from 2016, so I decided to do some reflection and reevaluation. It seemed to have worked. Here’s what I wrote then, slightly
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/14/18 4:04 PM
  • Number: 41393
  • Recommendations: 125
Pivotal, a moderately deep dive.

I had barely heard of Pivotal (thinking of it as just a subsidary of Dell that had spun off a few shares) until a couple of days ago, when SteppenWulf brought it to the board, but thanks to him
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/30/18 9:20 AM
  • Number: 39364
  • Recommendations: 123
My portfolio at the end of Mar 2018

Here’s the summary of my positions at the end of March. As usual, I figure as of the last weekend of the month. This month it came out to be five full weeks. Any PE's that I give are always
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z