Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By jwiest

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/30/14 3:07 PM
  • Number: 202214
  • Recommendations: 1
"If I said they were "good enough", it would be true, but would downplay the fact that they are still *awesome* devices that we love to use. For what we use them for, there is no compelling reason to replace
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/29/14 5:02 PM
  • Number: 202203
  • Recommendations: 8
I continue to be stunned by falling iPad sales - I think it is a revolutionary device and can't understand why people are not buying them and upgrading them even faster than iPhones. If it simply boils down to people having to shell out $500
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/28/14 1:06 PM
  • Number: 736875
Here's why: expressing one's religious beliefs/preferences is not throwing said agenda in anyone's face anymore than atheists expressing their opinions/beliefs/preferences is throwing their agenda in anyone's face.

Right, but you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/28/14 10:49 AM
  • Number: 736860
  • Recommendations: 0
One of them says "This is God's message to US. What you do is your business. Leave us alone, we'll leave you alone, and we can all be happy."

Except that you *don't* leave us alone. You throw your agenda in everyone's face
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/24/14 10:05 AM
  • Number: 1949712
So test the theory one more time. Raise taxes higher.

The theory was already tested. We have the lowest tax rates in modern history, yet all those wealthy were there when the income tax was first created, and remained all the way
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/24/14 9:52 AM
  • Number: 455421
  • Recommendations: 29
A supermarket chain in France decides to battle perishable food waste, to great results:

http://www.wimp.com/allsupermarkets/
  • Date: 7/23/14 5:18 PM
  • Number: 439615
  • Recommendations: 3
Please don't ever think the flu is something to not worry about. It can kill you. And it can kill you very rapidly.

AM, I'd hate to see you lost to anything, but this is the kind of emotional response that doesn't need to inform
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/23/14 5:03 PM
  • Number: 439614
  • Recommendations: 3
Agreed. H1N1 is estimated to have killed between 8000 to 18000 in the US in 2009. Every year, about 100 kids die from the flu and flu-related complications.

12000 people die from gun violence every year, maybe we should vaccinate
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/23/14 4:59 PM
  • Number: 439612
That's what I had in mind. MMR, HPV, polio, smallpox... The flu vaccine never occurred to me. I tend to agree that mandating the annual flu shot is not appropriate. However, I can see the occasional exception (e.g. hypothetically, swine flu or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/23/14 10:54 AM
  • Number: 439585
In my opinion people who do not wish to be vaccinated should be offered the alternative of living in some isolated place where they will not be a threat to others, say Antarctica or the moon for example. Alternately you could cocoon yourself in a
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z