Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By PosFCF

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 11/7/09 7:55 PM
  • Number: 311521
  • Recommendations: 158
....are we developing a permanent welfare class in this country?

Perhaps but are we looking in the wrong place for it? How does the food stamps and Medicaid assistance stack up when compared to corporate welfare and bank bailouts in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/14/08 8:03 PM
  • Number: 238918
  • Recommendations: 136
rk (who wishes that everybody who thinks it's so GD nice somewhere else would go there and stay)

I don't know what brought that on, but I like this country and I can darn well say about it anything I want. Even if saying so means
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/3/12 7:28 PM
  • Number: 393887
  • Recommendations: 123
Which means that our generation is running up debt that will have to be repaid by our shrunken progeny.

No, I don't place the blame on the average person, I put it right squarely where it belongs. In January, 2001 the Congressional
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/8/10 5:13 PM
  • Number: 324338
  • Recommendations: 122
Is 125,000 (to simplify things) enough to live on?
you bet it is. that never was the issue, for me.
but I can get that from my investments.
so by the logic you proposed, I should just retire altogether, no?

Doc, I'm
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/3/09 11:00 AM
  • Number: 301619
  • Recommendations: 120
Jeff:

First I posted over on the Free for all board the following link to a Bill Moyers interview with a former Cigna bigwig. I think it worth your while to spend the time to watch the video and come to your own conclusions regarding its
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/18/10 1:35 PM
  • Number: 320298
  • Recommendations: 115
Debt is good if you use it to produce wealth, but not good when you use it to pay entitlements which are non-productive.

You know, it gets old hearing/reading the same old canards about the debt growth being tied to entitlements.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/16/13 1:24 PM
  • Number: 1883908
  • Recommendations: 112
A conservative and I bet you didn't even know it.

I've probably been a conservative most of my life. However, the GOP is not a conservative party and I left it 20 years ago after having been a registered Republican for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/27/10 11:56 AM
  • Number: 340481
  • Recommendations: 111
Why is it that when entitlement programs are brought up the conversation never includes the corporate welfare programs nor the Defense spending?

I'd say let's put both of these categories on the block if we're going to talk about cutting
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/3/09 10:08 AM
  • Number: 825448
  • Recommendations: 111
Pozs post got, to date, 59 recs. I interpret this to mean that there are at least 59 people on the LBYM Board who would like to say, I (or someone I know) really, really wants to lose weight, but more weight keeps packing on! WAAAA! You are
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/8/10 6:09 PM
  • Number: 324349
  • Recommendations: 108
While I'm not whining, I am making the point that our tax policies of the US are making this decision easier for me. It is purely an economic decision. Changes that I thought were 10 years off are now more like 3 years away.

Let's
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z