Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By WendyBG

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/18/17 2:29 AM
  • Number: 521677
  • Recommendations: 2
<Somewhere around 25% S&P500/75% VIMSX based on the Style Details -- Market Cap from Morningstar>

Thank you, intercst...not only one of my Favorite Fools but most trusted, too. :-)
Wendy

P.S. Thank you, Dan and syke6,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/14/17 2:10 AM
  • Number: 521428
  • Recommendations: 0
Dan, I agree with you that an equal-weighted index would be a valuable piece of information. I'd like to add it to the Control Panel. Do you have a link, preferably with a chart that has a long series?
Thanks,
Wendy
  • Date: 8/13/17 3:01 PM
  • Number: 521407
  • Recommendations: 41
I have not posted a Control Panel for a while because I am most interested in Macroeconomic Trends and Risks and the trend has been stable.

With tensions rising between the U.S. and North Korea it might be a good time to review the economic
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/5/17 4:43 PM
  • Number: 899911
  • Recommendations: 1
<BTW, if Jeff says the bearing is wearing out on the Hitachi, do you really want to use it for your backup drive? >

Jeff said that the bearing was probably wearing out on the Barracuda, which is a few years older than the Hitachi. The
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/3/17 5:22 PM
  • Number: 196430
  • Recommendations: 6
Successful open-heart surgery on my computer yesterday.

I have never bought a new computer. I buy refurbished hardware (usually from HP but also HP equipment from Overstock.com). This has saved me a lot of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/3/17 4:56 PM
  • Number: 899906
  • Recommendations: 13
Successful open-heart surgery on my computer yesterday.

I now have a new 2.0 TB Seagate Barracuda hard drive which I bought bare via Amazon.com for $70. I didn't like the original Hitachi hard drive
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/31/17 9:53 PM
  • Number: 196423
  • Recommendations: 4
<Personally, I'd install the new drive as a second drive and then copy files from the old to the new. Then continue using old drive as C until it fails. If new drive is installed as C, you will have to buy new Windows for it.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/30/17 7:08 PM
  • Number: 196420
  • Recommendations: 1
My computer is making a whirring noise. My big brother Jeff (OrmontUS) says that this is probably a hard drive bearing wearing out and I have to replace the HD pronto before it crashes. I have ordered a new 2 TB Seagate Barracuda from (Continued...)
  • Date: 7/27/17 9:05 PM
  • Number: 135572
I need to make a waterproof seal between my septic tank risers (polypropylene) and the septic tank (concrete).

Would appreciate recommendations.

Wendy
P.S. Thank you to everyone who weighed in on my septic tank question.
  • Date: 7/26/17 1:50 AM
  • Number: 135555
DH and I live in a rural county area and have our own gravity-flow septic system. The septic tank is concrete and was installed in 1987.

The septic tank consists of 2 compartments which are separated by a central baffle. The first
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z