Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By WendyBG

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/31/15 12:31 AM
  • Number: 2632
  • Recommendations: 0
<Have they told you when they expect the OncoType DX results?
>

Estimate another week. I'll let you know as soon as the results come in.
Wendy
  • Date: 3/30/15 8:34 PM
  • Number: 2630
  • Recommendations: 1
This is the final surgical pathology report sent to me by Claire Buchanan (my breast surgeon at Swedish Hospital).

Great news! Stage 1 breast cancers -8 mm on each side, low grade. Nodes negative. Margins clear. Hope you are healing up
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/30/15 12:52 PM
  • Number: 22114
  • Recommendations: 2
<my wife and I came back inside this tiny very comfortable cottage and held hands. I can't imagine me leaving this earth before her. I have to stay strong for her. I am glad I quit drinking. I am glad I quit smoking. I'm going to stay alive for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/30/15 12:34 PM
  • Number: 2628
<ARGH! Reading this causes me severe pain.
Seriously. I am what one might call an "empath."
I actually feel real pain when I read about or hear about what others have suffered or are suffering. So it's very difficult to read
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/30/15 11:40 AM
  • Number: 2626
<I told him the med students can watch, and that's it. They can't talk to me, and they can't touch me. He laughed, and agreed.>

What a nightmare! Good advice.
Wendy
  • Date: 3/30/15 11:39 AM
  • Number: 2625
<I also don't know your complete PMH, so there may be other reasons to hold off on NSAIDs.>

I had a splenectomy for ITP when I was 16. My platelets run very high, usually over the normal range. I don't have a problem with
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/30/15 11:37 AM
  • Number: 2624
<There are at least four different opioid receptors, with different receptors mediating analgesia and euphoria, and there's at least a strong suggestion that pain rapidly upregulates the analgesia receptors. This suggestion implies that folks who
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/30/15 11:28 AM
  • Number: 2623
<Wendy, besides the comfort of an excellent hospital bed, what other things made you want to stay longer? Putting off exhausting commute? Security of having medical help nearby? Skilled nursing care regarding tubes, and human necessities, and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/30/15 11:06 AM
  • Number: 2622
<I am wondering if medical supply stores rent hospital beds like you had in the hospital?>

That's a good question. Probably they do in large metropolitan areas. We live in the boondocks and we don't have a large medical supply store
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/29/15 11:39 PM
  • Number: 2616
  • Recommendations: 8
WARNING! CONTAINS GRUESOME DETAILS! FOR WOMEN AND MEDICAL MEN ONLY!

My 7-hour bilateral mastectomy (plus expander implant) was on Wednesday, March 25. No cancer was found in my lymph nodes during sentinel node biopsy. YAY!!!
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z