Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By WendyBG

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/23/16 10:55 PM
  • Number: 893721
  • Recommendations: 1
<what did your first house cost? What part of the country? >

My first house cost $60,000. It was a 2-bedroom built in 1927. I bought it in 1984. It was in a "targeted area" of Staten Island, NY, so I got a 3% reduction in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/10/16 2:18 AM
  • Number: 494157
  • Recommendations: 2
But, Jeff, think of the bargains you could get being the only tourist in the Istanbul souk ;-).

Wendy
  • Date: 3/27/16 1:11 PM
  • Number: 2898
<My understanding is that they a lot more than simply look--certainly in the oncologist's bailiwick. They want to make sure that the cancer hasn't returned locally, or spread. So they would normally do a brain MRI and image the breasts. There
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/27/16 1:09 PM
  • Number: 2897
  • Recommendations: 5
<Our first meeting with Fay's oncologist surgeon Dr. Topp, in fact in the first minute he told her he almost never (rarely?) does mastectomy anymore? I suppose it depends on how aggressive and how early it is caught? >

Because the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/25/16 5:46 PM
  • Number: 2884
  • Recommendations: 7
Exactly one year ago, I had a bilateral mastectomy with a simultaneous implant of expanders for reconstruction.

In retrospect, the worst of the pain was caused by the expanders. I am glad that I had reconstruction, but my foobs still feel
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/25/16 5:36 PM
  • Number: 493148
  • Recommendations: 7
I read "Brain Storms" 2 weeks ago. It is well-written and becomes more interesting as it goes along (rare for science books).

The key finding is that Parkinson's and Alzheimer's are prion diseases that start decades before the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/21/16 1:24 AM
  • Number: 893321
  • Recommendations: 3
I have a strange desire to re-use sturdy packaging. I mix Miracle-Gro into liquid fertilizer in empty detergent containers (the valve is too nice to just throw away). I keep padded envelopes, boxes, jars, etc. I do use these from time to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/13/16 5:16 PM
  • Number: 45886
  • Recommendations: 0
What a delightful schedule!
Wishing you and your husband many more pleasurable years,
Wendy
  • Date: 3/8/16 8:15 PM
  • Number: 193733
  • Recommendations: 0
My computer has 2 hard drives, C and E. Until this morning, both were running Windows 7 (one cloned from the other).

I updated C to Windows 10 this morning. Then I cloned C to E. Now they should both be running Windows 10.

I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/6/16 12:15 AM
  • Number: 193718
I shut my computer off for a day and just turned it back on. I am running Windows 7.

Once Win7 booted up, the screen shows 3 users -- myself, DH and guest. When I chose my icon, the screen showed "User Profile Service failed
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z