Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By WendyBG

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/7/17 2:45 PM
  • Number: 3062
  • Recommendations: 4
Hi, Sheila. Sorry that I have not been on lately.

You asked, "What lessons have you learned from what you went through, and the aftermath? Is there anything you wish you had known early enough to have enabled you to make any different
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/7/17 2:34 PM
  • Number: 3061
  • Recommendations: 10
As a post-menopausal woman (age 63) I am naturally concerned about osteoporosis. My grandmother, who was a tiny immigrant who grew up in poverty on the Lower East Side of NYC, had such severe osteoporosis that she broke a wrist simply lifting a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/9/17 1:20 PM
  • Number: 900273
  • Recommendations: 0
Thank you, all, for your helpful suggestions.
Wendy
  • Date: 9/4/17 4:48 PM
  • Number: 900240
  • Recommendations: 3
Last week, CenturyLink sent me a postcard saying that my landline phone bill was going up. I was startled to see that our phone bill was now over $100 per month including our painfully slow DSL. We also have a modest DishTV package which has
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/3/17 7:47 PM
  • Number: 522518
  • Recommendations: 13
Jeff wrote:
A number of questions come to mind:

Are they [part-time workers] treated as employed by the government?

Yes. Anyone who has paid work, even 1 hour per week, is treated as employed by the government.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/3/17 7:28 PM
  • Number: 522517
  • Recommendations: 12
Goofnoff, how many times do we have to repeat that POLITICS is not allowed on METAR!

I will report this thread.
Please desist.
Wendy
  • Date: 9/2/17 9:08 PM
  • Number: 900238
  • Recommendations: 2
My understanding is that the ACA provides a subsidy for qualified insured for the silver plan but not for the bronze plan. Based on that I have bought the silver plan since Obamacare was rolled out.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/27/17 3:09 PM
  • Number: 522107
  • Recommendations: 28
Summer is ending. Children are returning to school. Labor Day will be next weekend. Congress will return from their recess.

Sigh.

Time to get serious again.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/18/17 2:29 AM
  • Number: 521677
  • Recommendations: 2
<Somewhere around 25% S&P500/75% VIMSX based on the Style Details -- Market Cap from Morningstar>

Thank you, intercst...not only one of my Favorite Fools but most trusted, too. :-)
Wendy

P.S. Thank you, Dan and syke6,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/14/17 2:10 AM
  • Number: 521428
  • Recommendations: 0
Dan, I agree with you that an equal-weighted index would be a valuable piece of information. I'd like to add it to the Control Panel. Do you have a link, preferably with a chart that has a long series?
Thanks,
Wendy
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z