Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By GauchoChris

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/6/18 6:26 AM
  • Number: 38217
  • Recommendations: 123
After the tax cuts were enacted in December, I remember thinking that we were about to see some big moves in the stock market. Over the past few days I have been thinking more about that. These thoughts were prompted by a post by qazulight in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/17 12:45 PM
  • Number: 29090
  • Recommendations: 116
Conviction can be dangerous. What I mean by that specifically is that conviction can lead someone to take on more risk than is prudent. Why am I writing about this now? Well, recently I learned that some people who frequent this board have
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/1/07 1:03 AM
  • Number: 3586
  • Recommendations: 109
As we all know, FMD's stock price has been punished. As investors we should periodically ask ourselves whether the current price is justified, whether the market has mispriced FMD, or a combination of both. Let's summarize what has changed recently
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/4/18 8:36 AM
  • Number: 35449
  • Recommendations: 107
Iíve been thinking about writing this post for more than a month, but I just havenít put in the time. This post is really a list of things that I think are related to making a person a better investor, a better decision maker, and maybe even a more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/30/15 10:19 AM
  • Number: 14184
  • Recommendations: 94
I used to read all the posts on this board. There's lots of really useful information and some great investing analysis and philosophy here.

But now I just can't keep up anymore because it takes too much of my time, and there are A LOT more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/20/15 9:47 AM
  • Number: 6808
  • Recommendations: 94
I graduated from college in 1992 and started working as an intern two weeks after I graduated. I was only earning $1700 per month. My rent was $550 per month, car insurance $50 per month (when annualized). When you add up all the other expenses,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/18/15 1:56 AM
  • Number: 11974
  • Recommendations: 86
Facts, data dependency, and opinions

Today, I listened to Janet Yellenís Q&S session as I have done every time since she took over the role of Chairman (Chairperson) of the FOMC. As we know, the FOMC conducts monetary policy for the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/30/17 6:27 AM
  • Number: 32160
  • Recommendations: 80
Some of you have expressed interest in my stock allocations. I will go ahead provide my portfolio composition. The information in this post is as of September 29, 2017 after the market close. Since there will be no more trading days in September,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/5/18 8:11 AM
  • Number: 36688
  • Recommendations: 75
When assessing whether a stock might be a good investment, Tinker often refers to CAP, SAM, and TAM. He places a lot of weight on these.

Yet, there may be people on this board, especially some who are know, who don't know these acronyms
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/8/15 6:50 PM
  • Number: 8197
  • Recommendations: 75
Which of these companies is the best buy right now? A simple minded investor might look at the P/Es of the companies and say that SWKS is the best because it has the lowest P/E.

Price TTM Adj EPS P/E
SWKS $97.71 $4.36

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z