Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By aleax

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/18/18 3:55 PM
  • Number: 12747
  • Recommendations: 1
Thanks for that insight into GOOG's healthcare baseline project... sounds fascinating.

You're welcome!

Of course I hope you find your health is 110% - but let's say that if the baseline project finds you have
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/17/18 7:57 PM
  • Number: 12739
  • Recommendations: 12
...do any of you want GOOG or FB to have your private medical records?

I actually volunteered for Project Baseline, see https://www.projectbaseline.com/. It is run by Verily Life
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/17/18 11:44 AM
  • Number: 249
  • Recommendations: 0
My plan for Tencent is an unoriginal buy-to-hold; so I ended up holding some of it directly via the ADR, some indirectly via Naspers. Is there any board to discuss Naspers directly? If not, we could ask for a free board to be opened about it...
  • Date: 6/15/18 1:43 PM
  • Number: 247
I've been convinced and, like you, have expanded my Tencent exposure via a new long position in Naspers rather than directly. Is there any MF board on Naspers and/or other good source of information and site to chat and swap info about it...?
  • Date: 6/14/18 11:42 AM
  • Number: 50540
  • Recommendations: 2
Amazon's recurring revenue (AWS) last quarter was $5billion and change.

Why count just AWS? Isn't Prime membership also a typical recurring revenue source (subscription)? Also, of course, Amazon Subscriptions as per (Continued...)
  • Date: 6/6/18 9:08 PM
  • Number: 56
I didn't expect it to recover THIS fast

While it's hard to keep real-time track of short-position sizes, all the data I can see indicates that the shorts are busy covering -- not quite a short-squeeze (which is typically
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/6/18 11:57 AM
  • Number: 530
Am I missing something? I'm pretty new at this. The options seem to be outperforming the stock.

Selling a put and buying a call (with the same strike and expiration) is known as a synthetic long position, and is equivalent
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/3/18 10:48 AM
  • Number: 14
  • Recommendations: 4
Interesting discussion, but several relevant considerations have not yet surfaced. In particular, scholars such as Barber and Odean have done deep studies about the actual behavior of individual investors. In particular, their seminal paper, (Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/18 2:45 PM
  • Number: 54
See https://registrarjournal.com/2018/05/31/uniti-group-unit-rat... (hey, at long last not a Seeking Alpha post!-). Typical
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/20/18 8:49 PM
  • Number: 36307
I know preferreds can be bought easily, many in $25/share increments. But I don't think that was ever the original idea for preferreds. Corporations get a big tax break on the income they get from the preferred shares of other companies.
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z