Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By aleax

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/10/18 6:08 PM
  • Number: 50842
  • Recommendations: 3
"Nubile" is an interesting case of "false friend" between English and Italian (words looking very similar but with materially different meanings). The root meaning from Latin is "marriageable" (from "nuptiae",
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/6/18 10:48 PM
  • Number: 15530
  • Recommendations: 5
My wife and co-investor Anna and I participate in https://littlefreelibrary.org/, as do many of our neighbors. Thus, as loyal Amazon customers (and shareholders), we subscribed to "Prime Book
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/17/14 10:34 AM
  • Number: 407724
  • Recommendations: 0

Hi CED, you know I'll sharply disagree on RGR -- at a below-11 P/E (ridiculously low PEG) and a 3.68% yield, you'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands:-).  If it was a big loser for you I deduce you must have bought
(Continued...)

• Date: 6/1/13 11:29 AM
  • Number: 398735

Hi ADD, great post as usual (and tx for quoting me re Siegel's 6.6% "constant"!-).  However, Buffett amply addressed the `coin-flipping context` hypotheses almost 20 years ago -- surely you've read  (Continued...)

• Date: 1/16/12 12:49 PM
  • Number: 371534

@NajdorfSicilian, what's absurd about noticing that all US treasuries currently offering negative real returns?

Per e.g  (Continued...)

• Date: 8/13/18 12:25 PM
  • Number: 75
Makes sense to find cheaper capital.

GPT started down that path, but shortly afterward sold itself for a meager premium in order to secure continued funding.

Yep -- I was a happy GPT owner from back before they were GPT
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/12/18 7:03 PM
  • Number: 73
  • Recommendations: 3
In fact very active, Gunderman said while answering a question during the earnings call; apparently that's how UNIT plans to move toward the 50%-of-revenue diversification target while cost of capital for it in public market stays too
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/10/18 12:34 PM
  • Number: 50723
  • Recommendations: 4
Hey aleax,

"...and when they did close down iAd, they launched app promotion ads in the App Store...."

Thanks for that - I had never heard of iAd and never heard anything about any of AAPL's advertising

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/9/18 5:29 PM
  • Number: 50715
  • Recommendations: 5
while I agree very much that Apple's less-touted strength is their lack of ad revenue focused business units

...a lack which they're apparently trying to remedy (as it descends from the failure of the iAd network they ran
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/9/18 4:55 PM
  • Number: 50714
  • Recommendations: 1
AAPL, NFLX, TSLA, are a few Foolish top picks that I see chasing the hard ad-free road.

It doesn't look like Apple agrees with that. Sure, they eventually shuttered the miserable failure that was "the iAd network", but
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z