Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By aleax

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/8/18 1:02 PM
  • Number: 34
  • Recommendations: 4
Both UNIT and WIN credit ratings got downgraded by Moody's last week -- see the rather-bearish article at (Continued...)
  • Date: 3/8/18 12:27 PM
  • Number: 473
  • Recommendations: 1
I believe in most cases they have have recommended using the proceeds os buyouts and dividends for purchasing other stocks (though it appears they did buy 13 shares of RMT with dividend proceeds without saying why.)

I'd love to
  • Date: 3/7/18 12:54 PM
  • Number: 470
  • Recommendations: 0
A "Rising Stars" portfolio built and maintained strictly by following the published strategies has quite a bit of "spare cash" hanging around -- a little from dividends paid by the portfolio companies, more from portfolio
  • Date: 3/3/18 1:39 PM
  • Number: 296
  • Recommendations: 3
Slow board. I guess I'm one of the few still owning this great company

Not really -- hedge fund manager Whitney Tilson (once a Motley Fool employee, see his writings for TMF at (Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/18 8:18 PM
  • Number: 911
in September 2005? No peeking.

Okay, I looked. NVIDIA was at $11.50 and Google was at $158. Today, NVIDIA is at $246 per share. Google is at $1100. Google has returned 17% per year; NVIDIA 28% per year.

Tom, you seem to
  • Date: 2/24/18 4:07 PM
  • Number: 998
I heard from someone in member services who advises "log into first, then log into fool au with the same email and pswd. Do not select Register at Fool.AU, just login."

And -- this
  • Date: 2/22/18 10:07 PM
  • Number: 995
Are you logging on with the same username and password that you use for Fool One?

Yep. And I never used Fool Australia before. Hmm -- how do I best get in touch with support about this?
  • Date: 2/22/18 3:58 PM
  • Number: 993
  • Recommendations: 0 rejects my login attempts -- how do I, as a One member, register to be able to access
  • Date: 2/8/18 4:34 PM
  • Number: 13
I was waiting for this and was happy to see the list of 20 companies.

I was surprised that these recommendations did not include selling puts for added gains.

Selling puts is a (mildly) bullish strategy. Why would you want
  • Date: 2/8/18 4:08 PM
  • Number: 8
  • Recommendations: 2
Hi Toby, you did a pretty good job explaining what one is actually paying for the risk reduction connected to buying puts. (Buying calls rather than stock when you want to go long is pretty analogous, BTW).

If one's OK with the risk but
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z