Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By aleax

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/15/18 11:21 PM
  • Number: 5408
  • Recommendations: 0
what is a "Neverlasting" portfolio supposed to be?

The only reference that comes to mind is to a pretty dated heavy metal song by that title -- the lyrics (easy to find for such a peculiar title) do suggest day-trading on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/9/18 1:46 PM
  • Number: 4660
Aleax!!! (Alessandro?)

Yep, "Alessandro" is my legal name (though I'm better known as "Alex", e.g. that's the name on my books, or "Aleax" -- a D&D monster which was my first published work
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/9/18 12:13 PM
  • Number: 4658
  • Recommendations: 6
One interesting thing I heard today is that some companies are giving the tax cut to employees in the form of bonuses or raises. AT&T was one of the first to announce...

...and then they spoiled the effect by announcing layoffs
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/5/18 4:23 PM
  • Number: 1328
  • Recommendations: 1
if you exercise and get shares you lose your LT gains status as your purchase date moves up to when they purchased shares not when you bought the original option.

Excellent point -- I didn't mention that is part of why I decided
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/5/18 4:17 PM
  • Number: 87
In my account at E*Trade, mysterious shares just appeared (at market close, I believe) with "ticker" g5480u153 -- which just happens to be the CUSIP for LILAK (a web search revealed that to me:-). They show up with a cost basis of 0 and a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/5/18 1:44 PM
  • Number: 1326
  • Recommendations: 2
ATM options have the highest time value -- so those are the ones I most love selling and detest buying:-). If you do write ITM, beware potential tax consequences, per (Continued...)
  • Date: 1/5/18 1:38 PM
  • Number: 1325
I wrote Personally, I'm thinking of rolling the calls to 2020 LEAPS at a strike of 125, if I can get a decent split of the wide bid/ask spread on the LEAPS -- and as I was writing this, a decent split I did get; not exactly midpoint, but
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/5/18 1:33 PM
  • Number: 1323
  • Recommendations: 1
If you do end up letting the call expire you will be paying $70 per share plus a commission (for me it's much higher than a normal commission) and my cost basis would be what the option strike is only

I am in your same exact
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/29/17 12:55 PM
  • Number: 15557
  • Recommendations: 3
We are living in Ecuador.

That's interesting! So does the father of my wife (and co-investor, and co-author) Anna; he owned and ran a premium organic coffee farm in the Ecuador highlands for his last few years of work, and liked
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/29/17 12:30 PM
  • Number: 617
  • Recommendations: 2
What confused me was that only 1 share was awarded and the rest of the dividend was distributed as cash. But obviously this is because I only had 90 initial shares (90 x 0.20 = $18). At over $9 / share, only 1 share could be awarded, leaving less
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z