Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By WatchingTheHerd

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/21/14 2:58 PM
  • Number: 465068
  • Recommendations: 8
Like many things in economics, it's hard to argue with a comment like this from the story:

In general, this is bad news -- it means that it may be decades before an extraordinary boom undoes the damage of the Great Recession. But there’s
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/14/14 1:11 PM
  • Number: 464647
  • Recommendations: 8
Great analysis, Milligram46.

When oil prices drop a bit further then suddenly shutter thousands of fracking sites as prices drop below their marginal cost of operation, more than one shoe will drop on the economy. As mentioned a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/12/14 2:42 PM
  • Number: 460550
  • Recommendations: 5
It doesn't look like a healthy tech sector. Or is this how the tech sector has been historically -- two or three sharks and lots of remoras?

------------------------

I think the pattern is different than it has been in the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/25/14 9:11 PM
  • Number: 457345
  • Recommendations: 7
It is not just the label that is important to them. Once you move from independent to assisted living your decline DOES accelerate, and once you reach the health center, your entire universe shrinks to the size of your ward, and ultimately your
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/21/14 11:17 PM
  • Number: 455263
  • Recommendations: 6
Sadly, any tipping point to which we might push Russia via sanctions could come back to haunt us as well. We're all interconnected, you know...

By poorly written software, lax operations practices of billion dollar firms and global
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/14 5:52 PM
  • Number: 1938736
  • Recommendations: 2
A majority of likely voters in swing congressional districts and states this year support stricter background checks on gun purchasers, and the support spans both parties, a new POLITICO poll finds. Seventy-nine percent of those surveyed would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/9/14 12:09 AM
  • Number: 448806
  • Recommendations: 3
The outsides of the airplane ramps at the Philadelphia Airport are labelled "Philadelphia" in large letters. My feeling is -- if you don't already know you are in Philadelphia you should not be flying a commercial airliner.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/22/14 2:19 PM
  • Number: 447757
  • Recommendations: 1
The Fallon/Joel thing is a pretty cool live illustration of looping, multitracking and "bouncing" tracks.

Here's a couple of other cool videos of much older examples.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/16/14 9:04 PM
  • Number: 447309
  • Recommendations: 4
FWIW, the original OpenOffice project originally created by SUN Microsystems was taken over by Oracle when it bought SUN. Like many other aspects of Java, Oracle began doing things with the code base that clouded the "open source" picture
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/30/13 7:32 PM
  • Number: 435156
  • Recommendations: 60
Still here. Still reading. Still rec'ing. Just not writing.

Work loads on my day gig have grown to absorb virtually all the off-hours reading and analysis time required to come up with something coherent and insightful that isn't
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z