Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By SeattlePioneer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/31/05 4:19 AM
  • Number: 213499
  • Recommendations: 110
<<What is the consensus on this point?

There are two parts to the question. The first part is easy. Do not give up a significant employer match to quickly pay down a mortgage.

The second part is more complicated and is less
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/16/04 5:54 PM
  • Number: 503606
  • Recommendations: 109
<<I have fears of money or the lack thereof. I'm 41, with no man in sight and could very well end up an old spinster. The women in my family live to be very old, great grandma was 105 when she died. Social Security could be nothing more than a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/30/03 7:53 PM
  • Number: 404890
  • Recommendations: 103
<<In terms of your MIL moving in and your feelings about it, don't feel bad. My DH knows that all he has to do to get rid of me fast is move in any member of his family...

Best wishes

Betsysmom
>>

While we
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/17/04 9:18 PM
  • Number: 524050
  • Recommendations: 89
<<The 20 something guys typically got the hint when I stood staring at the car door until walked back around and opened it. That behavior was rewarded with a peck on the cheek and "I just love it when a man treats me like a lady."
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/5/03 6:23 AM
  • Number: 126114
  • Recommendations: 84
A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, but her father was a staunch Republican. One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to high taxes and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/5/06 11:28 AM
  • Number: 699841
  • Recommendations: 79
<<Also, I expect him to be the sole bread earner. That's the agreement we have had since we got engaged. He knows that I want financial security (be debt-free), to own our home (no matter how modest) and be able to save for our old age. He
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/3/01 2:02 PM
  • Number: 150487
  • Recommendations: 75
While its easy talking about whether or not to give a family member a loan --- less is said of being on the borrowing end of the equation.

As an adult I've had two occasions to borrow from family members.

When I got out of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/9/02 9:05 AM
  • Number: 332393
  • Recommendations: 73
<<When I was stationed in Germany I got a call from the Boy Scouts who ran their little club on a US Military base. They wanted me to come fix their computers. I flatly refused. After all, I am paid with tax-payer dollars, and if the military
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/18/02 1:11 PM
  • Number: 256323
  • Recommendations: 70
<<Wow, SP.

Lighten up!

This was merely meant as a humerous aside to the conservate bent that I am exposed to every single day as someone living in the bible belt.
>>

Heh, heh! Well, Seattle has
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/20/08 11:38 AM
  • Number: 799685
  • Recommendations: 68
As a landlord myself, you are the classic example of why I have a "no pets" policy when renting to tenants.

In my experience (not just with tenants) MOST pet owners are irresponsible and wind up imposing nuisances on their
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z