Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By pauleckler

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/23/18 4:12 PM
  • Number: 31770
  • Recommendations: 0
Garden Designs magazine claims that certain plants repel mosquitos. They list lavender, marigolds, citronella grass, catnip, rosemary, basil, and geraniums

(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/23/18 3:51 PM
  • Number: 1842
Wikipedia explains quite well. Wabtec is the maker of air brakes, as well as new locomotives and parts for railroad equipment. Wabco is a different unit that sells commercial vehicle control system. Maybe air brakes for trucks and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/23/18 2:34 PM
  • Number: 235728
  • Recommendations: 1
https://www.progressiverailroading.com/supplier_spotlight/ne...

Discussions ongoing. No deal announced.

This would be an ironic combination given that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/23/18 2:33 PM
  • Number: 1840
  • Date: 4/22/18 6:25 PM
  • Number: 127525
I would wait. It is very likely they will find it and send you a bill for taxes plus interest to the date paid. The amended return saves you interest costs, but in this case that is likely to be less than the price of lunch.
  • Date: 4/22/18 6:04 PM
  • Number: 1839
Feel free to snark away, Chompin. We're glad to have you post your thinking. It helps keep us all on our toes.
  • Date: 4/22/18 5:59 PM
  • Number: 277991
Most investors are best off to begin with mutual funds. An S&P 500 Index fund such as Vanguard's 500 Index Fund (ticker VFINX) or a total market fund such as VTI are good ones.

As your resources grow and as you gain experience, many
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/21/18 3:17 PM
  • Number: 88016
If their home is one floor or with a bedroom and bath facilities on the ground floor it might make sense to start with some home nursing care.

Years ago, I know of people who did this by hiring a live-in helper. She moved into one
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/21/18 3:11 PM
  • Number: 88014
Don't forget to look into HUD housing. I'm aware of retirement communities here that will put people in an efficiency apartment for HUD rates. HUD does not consider assets they say, but they pay a percentage of income for room and board.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/21/18 3:02 PM
  • Number: 20599
  • Recommendations: 1
I'll second bighairymikes suggestion. Do partial conversions over several years to keep in the lower tax brackets.

Also try to get it done before you start on Medicare. The extra income can kick you into high income groups raising
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z