Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Windowseat

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/21/16 10:08 PM
  • Number: 20051
  • Recommendations: 3
Sorry, as they said, I've been on Facebook. (Mostly discussing politics, politely, but other things as well.

For some reason your email didn't make it through, or I would have responded. I'll try to be a bit more regular here at the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/20/16 9:43 AM
  • Number: 310280
  • Recommendations: 5
I did suggest that the wife could stay home until the kids didn't need child care. But in the same sentence, I also suggested other options such as with downsizing to a less expensive house, or tracking spending to see where else cuts could be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/20/16 12:34 AM
  • Number: 310278
  • Recommendations: 5
If they are going to make the decision to spend $30k a year on child care, while having the spouse work for an income that isn't enough to actually pay for the child-care and other associated costs like taxes, commuting, etc., then the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/13/16 7:08 AM
  • Number: 892510
  • Recommendations: 0
In 2012, the Food Channel had a show called The Big Waste:

In Boston we have something called the Food Bank, where restaurants and hotels can contribute food that would be thrown out due to cancelled parties and waste. They help
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/8/16 2:54 PM
  • Number: 892417
All handy stuff.. But getting dustier and dustier... Had to have that bandsaw, drill press, planer, jointer, all the routers, drills, saws, then the buckets of hammers! Had to have 'em! Then I forget all the other tools in drawers in the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/8/16 9:51 AM
  • Number: 892407
  • Recommendations: 1
Mathematically, it makes no sense to create an e-fund, put it into a bank savings account and earn, maybe 1%, on it while paying 4%+ on your HELOC.

It might not make sense in terms of getting the most interest, but recent studies
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/30/15 9:53 AM
  • Number: 892238
  • Recommendations: 4
What is special about the Dec/Jan calendar transition? How & why is that any different then the April/May transition?

Probably for the same reason we have New Year's resolutions rather than Easter resolutions. It's a time for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/29/15 11:28 PM
  • Number: 20041
  • Recommendations: 2
I have developed a habit of watching woodworking videos. I don't know why. Mostly I watch people turning bowls on lathes, or Norm Abrams making furniture.

A couple of woodturners have an annual Christmas ornament challenge. You send in a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/29/15 11:06 PM
  • Number: 20040
The idea that this guy grabbed a kid by the ankle and hurt him seems to be against everything martial arts is about. The fact that another instructor called the police tells me that this is not normal behavior at the school.

Well, I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/29/15 10:56 PM
  • Number: 20039
  • Recommendations: 1
Smoked salmon.

Nancy
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z