Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Windowseat

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/4/15 3:46 PM
  • Number: 39204
  • Recommendations: 1
would I need 2 different contact prescriptions then? one for each eye?

I have different prescriptions for each eye. One is corrected for driving, the other for reading. The company writes L and R on the boxes.

Nancy
  • Date: 5/4/15 2:29 PM
  • Number: 39198
  • Recommendations: 0
I started wearing glasses in 4th grade, and switched to contacts about twenty years ago.

Some other things to consider:

If you wear soft contacts you have to leave them off one day a week. Seriously. Otherwise they damage your
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/2/15 9:17 PM
  • Number: 45466
Isn't it sad that even after 239 years, we still just can't seem to let go of the British?

Well, as long as it's just interest in the monarchy, I don't mind. There are worse things to be fixated on.

Nancy
  • Date: 5/2/15 11:09 AM
  • Number: 45464
You must be new to TV.

This morning NBC and CBS both led their morning news coverage with the royal birth rather than the cops being charged in Baltimore. They didn't report on the ongoing Nepal tragedy at all since the earthquake

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/1/15 7:33 PM
  • Number: 309247
  • Recommendations: 4
A judge ruled today that merchants can tell customers that AMEX charges a higher fee, and they can offer promotions if a customer uses Visa or Master Card.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/30/15 7:46 PM
  • Number: 309244
  • Recommendations: 2
That's wonderful!

Keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out.

Nancy
  • Date: 4/30/15 7:39 PM
  • Number: 19882
I've found Ta-Nehisi Coates' articles incredibly informative. They have given me a whole new understanding of the phrase "institutional rascism". Have you read any of his work?

I haven't before, but I read several in that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/30/15 6:53 PM
  • Number: 19881
Until the 1800s, slavery was quite common in our country, and certainly not just in the southern states. Slave labor was used in manufacturing, not just farming, and indentured servants were also common. We like to pretend that slavery was some
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/30/15 6:34 PM
  • Number: 122473
  • Recommendations: 3
When Shadow died I took all his things to to the vets' to be donated to a rescue group. You might check with your vet or any local groups you know to see if the toys can be rehomed.

Nancy
  • Date: 4/28/15 2:58 PM
  • Number: 19874
I don't know if you saw the little scrum about Ben Affleck and his request to hide the information that his family owned slaves. It made quite a controversy.

So, I was reading a will of one of my more remote ancestors, born in England and
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z