Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By 1poorguy

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/20/14 7:43 PM
  • Number: 440798
  • Recommendations: 7
Well, tomorrow is move-in day. Tonight I pick up a rental pick-up truck (wanted a van, but the cargo van only seats two). Not that we have that much stuff to transport, but the bicycle and fridge together are too much for most other vehicles. I'm
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/20/14 6:42 PM
  • Number: 81853
  • Recommendations: 1
I have no problem with beans or no beans in chili. But, pasta? Sheesh.

Hey!! When I was a starving grad student pasta was a great way to extend a pound of ground beef. A can of chili beans (big can...the 32 oz variety) with the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/20/14 5:50 PM
  • Number: 440795
  • Recommendations: 0
If I'm feeling like ribbing the religios, I tell them I'll talk with them if they wash my car or paint my house, pull weeds, whatever.

Better: in the winter ask them to give you their coats. Bible says they should. In fact,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/20/14 4:41 PM
  • Number: 440786
It's obvious most people here see a problem with this.

First, an interesting NPR piece I heard yesterday:

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/20/14 4:10 PM
  • Number: 440781
  • Recommendations: 3
Nobody deserves this in any civilized society...

And if Brown really broke the cop's eye socket, how is that "civilized society"?

You're rushing to judgment with next-to-no data. The time to be outraged is AFTER
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/20/14 4:07 PM
  • Number: 440780
It's starting to hit "mainstream" media. If it turns out to be true, and I emphasize if, then it seems open and shut as a justifiable shoot.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/20/14 2:24 PM
  • Number: 440778
Unarmed is irrelevant. SBC who occasionally visits this board is unarmed, but very much a threat if she wants to be. If the kids really broke the cop's face and was charging for another attack, the shooting was justified. Until we have the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/20/14 1:30 PM
  • Number: 440772
So far only 3 knocks have ignored it - all men (hmmm, maybe that's evidence of an "entitled" gender).

You sure that isn't just confirming the stereotype that men don't read directions???
  • Date: 8/20/14 1:25 PM
  • Number: 440769
The sergeant opened the camera and unrolled the film. "I don't see any evidence here." And closed the camera.

Camera phones and instant uploading are changing that dynamic. I don't think the police have figured that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/20/14 1:22 PM
  • Number: 440767
And so I...

...what you you have done?

Depends on my mood. Usually I just say "no thanks" and close the door.

Once or twice I've said something like "grow up, there is no god, and the bible is just a
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z