Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By 1poorguy

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/20/18 4:15 PM
  • Number: 2215
  • Recommendations: 1
I don't know about when the battery is not charging, but apparently when it is charging they try to keep it below 113F.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 3:55 PM
  • Number: 399
  • Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the link.

has not worked so far

That's not what the article says. It says the conservative government doesn't like the concept, and that they want to find ways to increase employment rates (which, if some
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 3:34 PM
  • Number: 508479
Of the Guinea worm. Nearly eradicated in humans, it is finding hosts in dogs. They're hoping to eradicate them there too and end them as a species. They sound seriously nasty.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 2:54 PM
  • Number: 508477
The prediction here is that average prices will increase with growing adoption. Historically I think you'll find the opposite is true. Prices of disruptive technology, like cell/smart phones, decline over time and as penetration increases.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 2:46 PM
  • Number: 396
Of all the things that would keep us from the mass adoption of such PAEV, mandatory speed limiters would be at or near the top of that list.

Not speed limters, per se. Rather, at that level you would get into your vehicle and say
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 2:38 PM
  • Number: 2213
I walked by a Model S in our parking lot yesterday and heard it whirring. This is Phoenix, and the temps are well over 100F now. So I presume it is the battery keeping itself cool to prolong its life.

Which got me wondering...how much
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 2:31 PM
  • Number: 394
I would be interested in what you found. I know several places have recently implemented it (a few cities and countries are doing it, and at least one state is considering it -maybe the ballot this November?).

I'm not aware of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 1:20 PM
  • Number: 508474
The cellphone comparison is a good one. You're absolutely correct that widespread adoption was not driven by smartphones, but rather by "soapbar" and "flip" phones. Smartphones didn't come to dominate for at least
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 1:10 PM
  • Number: 508472
  • Recommendations: 2
As an avid amateur, I can understand this. I wouldn't be interested in a selfie, but I'd love to get some shots of the lava fountains. I think self-preservation would stop me long before the threat of a fine would. Evidently a lot
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 12:53 PM
  • Number: 508471
I just loved the sarcasm of this show. It was the Colbert Report on steroids. Canceled as of June 28.

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z