Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By 1poorguy

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/27/16 6:06 PM
  • Number: 475823
  • Recommendations: 1
Interesting - but is there anyone in her household that ever paid into SSDI (like a spouse or dependent)? If there's no one in her orbit that has paid in, I'm not sure how she would have qualified.

Her daughter? (1poorlady)
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/27/16 5:56 PM
  • Number: 475820
Giving a speech is legal. Last I checked, anyway.

I may disapprove of her choice to make the speech, but it's not illegal.
  • Date: 7/27/16 5:52 PM
  • Number: 22168
  • Recommendations: 0
Quibble: Flagstaff is about 6000 feet. You have to head up into the San Francisco Peaks area to get to 9000 (maybe Snowbowl?).

Sedona is OK. I think they've overdeveloped it so much that it's lost most of its appeal. Despite
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/27/16 5:40 PM
  • Number: 475816
If you haven't paid into the system, you don't get benefits - and approximately 4% of seniors don't qualify for SS.

That's not entirely correct as near as I can tell.

1poorMIL came here about 8 years ago (I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/27/16 5:31 PM
  • Number: 475814
No, I read past the first sentence.

I have become very aware of how funds are raised in politics these days. It's disgusting. By your implied definition they are all corrupt (and I would agree). But if Hillary's people are doing
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/27/16 5:23 PM
  • Number: 475812
Yes, you could probably learn "how" in an hour or so. I watched our pavers being done, and it's not that difficult in principle. The hard bit is leveling so the surface has whatever slope you want it to have. But it's the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/27/16 3:31 PM
  • Number: 22166
How late in the season is reasonable (i.e. not too cold)?

The South Rim is a mile high. Much cooler than most people assume Arizona can be. In the winter it can, and often does, snow up there. To me "cold" is anything
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/27/16 2:54 PM
  • Number: 2089234
Essays like this always seem to proceed from the notion of "decent people won't tolerate this anymore". They don't seem to believe that people might embrace authoritarianism and fascism. But I think we've seen over the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/27/16 2:48 PM
  • Number: 85691
No. I just won't impoverish 1poorlady due to my illness(es).

As a never-married guy I suspect you don't understand that.
  • Date: 7/27/16 2:46 PM
  • Number: 475780
The request to investigate the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation on charges of “public corruption” was made in a July 15 letter by 64 House Republicans to the IRS, FBI and Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

Partisan BS.
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z