Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By 1poorguy

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/25/14 1:48 PM
  • Number: 445672
  • Recommendations: 0
A MONTH after you bought an item it went on sale, so you took the receipt in and expected them to give you a refund of the difference.

Yes. Several stores offer a 30 day price guarantee. Costco, for example. If I buy something in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/25/14 2:26 AM
  • Number: 63238
  • Recommendations: 2
People need to learn how to ignore idiots who raise issues that have no basis in fact.

If the Dems had addressed GOP lies, and taken credit for accomplishments, perhaps last month wouldn't have been such a rout.
  • Date: 12/25/14 1:07 AM
  • Number: 25071
  • Recommendations: 1
Do they have delicate egos to protect?

None I've ever known, but they are human so it's certainly possible. But the good scientists can admit when they're wrong (and the really good ones expect it to happen, and relish the idea of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/25/14 12:58 AM
  • Number: 445663
I like the shorter days. This time of year just seems more soothing and relaxing. And less glare. And cooler temperatures.
  • Date: 12/25/14 12:40 AM
  • Number: 445662
I'm with you, Albaby. Playing retailers against each other like that seems unethical (though perhaps not actually illegal?). There is no harm in terms of the retailer (BB&B) as they are (apparently) getting an identical item back into
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/25/14 12:07 AM
  • Number: 445661
  • Recommendations: 2
It's not just dumb people. It's easy to just dismiss them as idiots. But there's more than that. I work with some very smart people (not scientist-smart, but certainly not dumb). And many of them are religious. My fundy coworker is an
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/20/14 4:01 PM
  • Number: 445601
  • Recommendations: 3
It would be a long long list if we were labeled or defined by things we don't believe in and don't do.

Exactly.

"Secular humanist" is better, IMO. It's not something I don't do. :-)
  • Date: 12/20/14 3:23 PM
  • Number: 445599
The best Mexican food in town...or at least the best I've ever found here. Looks like it will be a while before we'll be able to go there again.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/20/14 3:18 PM
  • Number: 445598
It merely describes something I don't do.

Like not collecting baseball cards?

The word shouldn't even be necessary.
  • Date: 12/20/14 1:55 PM
  • Number: 22198
Nice vid. The first three minutes seems very practical and minimalist. After that he gets two off-camera flashes. But the collapsible reflector was small and portable. Definitely easier than dealing with soft boxes.

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z