Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By 1poorguy

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/26/15 2:44 PM
  • Number: 446866
  • Recommendations: 0
Submitted too fast...

And, yes, while he may have said "agnostic" the day before he was executed, he still took the sacraments the next day. I don't think he knew what "agnostic" meant. He appears to have been a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/26/15 2:32 PM
  • Number: 446865
Yes, I saw that. But that was a brief time somewhere in the middle. He was raised Catholic, and later spoke of "core beliefs", and then took the sacraments just before his death.

He was Catholic(ish). Not agnostic. Not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/26/15 1:59 PM
  • Number: 446861
  • Recommendations: 2
Belief in god and "core beliefs" (related to Catholicism) is not agnostic. An agnostic would have said "I don't know". He didn't say that.
  • Date: 1/26/15 1:26 PM
  • Number: 446859
  • Recommendations: 1
Yeah, I'm with Hawkwin. French and Dutch cartoonists have zero to do with US policies in the middle east. It is simple blasphemy for which the Islamists feel justified to murder people because their texts tell them to.
  • Date: 1/26/15 1:24 PM
  • Number: 446858
Then how is it that literally billions of people can follow these texts yet are not violent extremists?

They don't.

They aren't violent extremists insofar as they DON'T follow those texts.

The only truly
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/26/15 12:12 PM
  • Number: 446852
Arizona legislature wants more give-aways to religious groups.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/26/15 12:07 PM
  • Number: 446851
Nope. He was Roman Catholic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

Before his execution, McVeigh took the Catholic sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick.
  • Date: 1/26/15 11:43 AM
  • Number: 64654
So do I, interestingly enough. AZ is very red, but we're in the bottom of bible-minded cities. Cool.
  • Date: 1/25/15 10:10 PM
  • Number: 64637
I did not intend it at all as an understated way of saying "useless". I only meant the efficacy of the flu vaccine is not as high as the others, and is often a crap-shoot.

OK. Fair enough. I note that when they were
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/25/15 9:59 PM
  • Number: 66363
  • Recommendations: 1
Thanks, Denny. Without notable improvements in performance I'm not going to change her Macbook. New for its own sake isn't worthwhile, IMO.

I have offered to replace the Macbook but she has shown no interest in that. It does everything
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z