Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By MadCapitalist

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/15/18 5:07 PM
  • Number: 876319
  • Recommendations: 1
telegraph can't let it pass when a dog kills a human, but curiously he never seems to post stories about dogs *saving* humans.
  • Date: 12/5/17 9:40 AM
  • Number: 873828
  • Recommendations: 4
No, the FCC Isnít 'Overturning Net Neutrality'

The left is in a veritable state of hysteria as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) moves to vote on Chairman Pai's deregulatory "Restoring Internet
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/2/17 9:05 AM
  • Number: 873791
  • Recommendations: 0
Yes, I've heard of it. It's simply a rationalization for the violation of property rights (one of many). The concept exists to allow the government to force people (i.e. businesses) to do things that they wouldn't otherwise freely
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/30/17 1:30 PM
  • Number: 873760
  • Recommendations: 1
Rent seeking? Give me a break. It's called property rights. The property belongs to the ISPs. They should be able to charge for using it in any manner that they wish.

No, they shouldn't.
Have you ever heard of

(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/30/17 5:32 AM
  • Number: 873753
  • Recommendations: 4
It will hugely increase the barriers of entry to many sectors of the internet economy, just to enable rent-seeking by the ISPs.

Rent seeking? Give me a break. It's called property rights. The property belongs to the ISPs.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/29/17 4:11 PM
  • Number: 873745
  • Recommendations: 6
So many people are predicting disaster if net neutrality goes away. Why didn't we have this problem *before* net neutrality (i.e. before 2015)?

Several reasons.

First, there were far fewer of sources of

(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/29/17 1:17 PM
  • Number: 873740
  • Recommendations: 3
FCC Head Ajit Pai: Killing Net Neutrality Will Set the Internet Free

Pai stressed that regulating the Internet under a Title II framework originally created in the 1930s had led to less investment in infrastructure and a slower rate
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/29/17 1:05 PM
  • Number: 873739
  • Recommendations: 6
So many people are predicting disaster if net neutrality goes away. Why didn't we have this problem *before* net neutrality (i.e. before 2015)?
  • Date: 11/17/17 9:28 AM
  • Number: 873579
  • Recommendations: 3
Some amazing findings on income mobility in the US including this: the image of a static 1 and 99 percent is false

"It turns out that 12 percent of the population will find themselves in the top 1 percent of the income
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/15/17 2:37 PM
  • Number: 873559
  • Recommendations: 13
With more people creating their own wealth, the obvious answer is to tax the rich more and give to the poor. At least in the liberal mindset.

JLC

Here is something else that you may find
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z