Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By notehound

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/1/15 8:21 PM
  • Number: 473972
  • Recommendations: 0
To get the P/E yield one takes the inverse. For the non-math person that simply means write the P/E as 1 divided by the P/E. So when we already know the answer (5.91%) we simply take the inverse of that to get the original P/E.
1/ .0591 =

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/15 9:13 PM
  • Number: 473772
  • Recommendations: 1
It's really tragic when a person's inability to deal with their problems leads to suicide. However, it's even more tragic - and cruel - for that person to traumatize others in the process.

The following linked story from New York's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/15 4:05 PM
  • Number: 473753
  • Recommendations: 0
...extreme mal-governance at a kind of third world banana republic level is definitely a macroeconomic risk...
If you do recognize and position yourself for it, it's an opportunity.

Steve,

Are you suggesting we buy gold?
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/15 2:57 PM
  • Number: 473748
  • Recommendations: 2
Werner... who claims that Varoufakis has "watch-the-birdie"'d the ECB out of billions and billions more euros, all to be lost if Greece exits Euro money land...sensationalist...

After reading the essay, I'd say his claims
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/15 11:18 AM
  • Number: 473732
Big misses in the valuation of US GDP, changes in statistical adjustments, corporate buybacks at a time when corporate profits are falling, coincidentally occurring when markets are near all time highs...
...when the figures are jiggered

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/15 11:11 AM
  • Number: 473728
... maybe we should just close the government and hand everything over to Messers Dimon and Blankfein.

Based upon the way our congresscritters vote, it appears that we already have (handed over everything to the bankers).

;-)
  • Date: 5/29/15 3:15 AM
  • Number: 473713
Now Jamie Dimon says shareholders are too lazy and stupid to see what a great job he is doing [ruining] the company.

There, Steve. I hope you don't mind my fixing that little typo for ya.

;-)
  • Date: 5/28/15 11:01 PM
  • Number: 473703
  • Recommendations: 1
...The historical similarity to Germany’s expansionism during this the 1930s and China’s push on its periphery is striking...

I never really thought about that, Dave. The South China sea stuff is exactly the sort of "territory
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/28/15 4:11 PM
  • Number: 473692
  • Recommendations: 7
In a Bloomberg radio interview today, Jim Bullard (Pres. of the St. Louis Fed) said there will be no contagion in the European bond markets even if Greece defaults.

He also said the Fed needs to raise rates soon, because keeping rates too
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/28/15 3:37 PM
  • Number: 473689
  • Recommendations: 5
...if FIFA was headquartered in the US, there would be no scandal, because, here in the shiny city on a hill, bribing government officials is legal. Ironic, isn't it, that the corruption complaint was apparently instigated by officials in the US,
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z