Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By notehound

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/2/14 8:33 PM
  • Number: 457860
  • Recommendations: 1
...without a union to watch your back...

Steve,

Sadly, I heard someone on the radio or TV today (don't remember which) say that union dues eat up all the wage increases they claim to achieve for their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/14 1:59 PM
  • Number: 457643
  • Recommendations: 12
It must be nice to be able to trade futures (such as the E-mini) using money you can print up at will - and especially nice to get a kickback for doing so.

The Fed, the ECB and the other Central Banks receive incentives from the exchanges
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/14 1:45 PM
  • Number: 457642
  • Recommendations: 2
As to income to live, my situation is nowhere near the same as the OP but I did find it was less than I was told it would be by people trying to sell me advice.

It's a shame that Canadian healthcare and retirement systems aren't
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/14 10:50 AM
  • Number: 457628
  • Recommendations: 0
Folks with A.D.H.D. can scroll all the way down for the short question....

A middle class couple in their 50's might be paying over $1,000/mo. or $12,000/yr. for health insurance. That is 24% of their gross income.

A middle class
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/14 10:18 AM
  • Number: 457622
...folks who have retired and the various forms of travel: boat, short-term rentals, RVing, etc...

Hohum,

Great link. I really am fascinated by the idea of cruising the "Great Loop." Here's a map showing the best
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/30/14 6:24 PM
  • Number: 457603
  • Recommendations: 0
Where are you getting a 27.4% CAGR on cash?

Maybe he's an equity partner in a little Sicilian family organization.

;-)

-Not signed

[Hmmmm... Might it be worth hiring such an organization to deal with the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/30/14 1:09 PM
  • Number: 457590
  • Recommendations: 2
The Federal Reserve could print money and give it to consumers directly.

I'm not sure that the banking and political elites would appreciate seeing their mammom diverted into the hands of the underclasses on its way from the Fed to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/30/14 12:53 PM
  • Number: 457589
...my plan for redeploying cash (alongside further concentration of holdings) has taken over much of my top-level thought on investing lately. I finally decided that while I wish to not miss out on further gains from my investments by going to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/30/14 1:17 AM
  • Number: 457567
This coming winter may get very cold if the whole Ukraine-Russia thing doesn't get reconciled soon. I read somewhere today that one Russian minister or the other already warned Ukraine that it should be stockpiling fuel.

Thank goodness
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/14 10:42 PM
  • Number: 457561
Oh this looks like fun. Perhaps they can drop stuff on my fifth floor deck... such as my new PC?

Tim,

I thought you already bought a new Windows 8 laptop. If so, what kind of PC are you having the Google Drone
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z