Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By notehound

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/25/17 8:19 AM
  • Number: 517183
  • Recommendations: 2
I have little doubt that there are sectors for whom this is a super-attractive option...
"perfect" subsets, like UWDIs (Urbans Without Disposable Income). Another subset might be very older people who are no longer comfortable

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/17 8:03 AM
  • Number: 517182
  • Recommendations: 5
When (not if) Venezuela's PDVSA oil company defaults on several $$ Billion Dollars in loans, Russia's Rosneft oil company is poised to "foreclose" its lien on a 49.9% stake in Citgo, including Citgo's US assets - refineries and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/17 9:07 AM
  • Number: 517110
  • Recommendations: 0
Of course, we are still debating whether to build our first short high speed train line while the Chinese have passed 20,000 km of high speed track (and are "on-track" to hit 40,000 km by 2020). Whenever you hear a question concerning
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/17 8:46 AM
  • Number: 517108
  • Recommendations: 3
My bet, Iraq will remain the hideous corrupt often bloody warring quagmire it has been since the British mashed it together from Ottoman remnants until 2 of 3 of these things happen...
3) The fake nation of Iraq, de jure or de facto, splits

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/17 9:51 PM
  • Number: 517084
Was it General Sherman who figured the best way to minimize the number of killed and the amount of suffering, was to campaign aggressively and bring the war to an end quickly?

Those whose Atlanta-to-Savannah homes and churches were
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/17 4:06 PM
  • Number: 517044
My best friend has the Ford Energi. I love the car, but I'm going to be really honest, Ford is doing a miserable job of advertising it...
I got the Fusion Hybrid, and don't get me wrong, I love it. However, had I realized that the

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/17 11:20 AM
  • Number: 517014
They can take my ICE from my cold dead hands?

Tim,

The internal combustion engine (ICE) is monumental symbol of time-saving and freedom, second perhaps only to the washing machine in the benefits it brings to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/17 10:56 AM
  • Number: 517012
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday tightened rules for where patent lawsuits can be filed...
The decision overturned a 2016 ruling... that said patent suits are fair game anywhere a defendant company's products are sold...
More than 40

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/17 9:36 PM
  • Number: 516987
...Steelcase products used to be bulletproof, but after a few years with Hackett at the helm, I heard their products referred to as "Tincase".

Thanks for the heads-up, Steve.

The first law firm I worked for in the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/17 9:21 AM
  • Number: 516966
Testa vs. Ford et al

I guess a person could hedge a Ford position by also buying Tesla.

This is what Morningstar says about Ford and its current 5.52% dividend (a Morningstar 4 star stock):

We remain optimistic
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z