Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By notehound

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/31/16 10:04 AM
  • Number: 503070
  • Recommendations: 1
For those of us who have Facebook pages, but rarely look at them and never, ever "friend" anyone on Facebook, the following article points out a hidden danger posed to professionals and those for whom client confidentiality is one of their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/16 8:55 AM
  • Number: 503065
  • Recommendations: 8
Finland is beginning an experiment in monthly basic income for the unemployed, as the following linked articles from Demos Helsinki think tank describe and explain:

Thousands to receive basic income in Finland: a trial that could lead to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/30/16 10:26 AM
  • Number: 503014
  • Recommendations: 2
Fischer said, noting that while negative rates are “difficult to deal with” for savers, they typically “go along with quite decent equity prices.”

Translation: The Fed plans to continue financial repression and driving up stock
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/30/16 9:42 AM
  • Number: 503010
Some time back, I and a few others posted a link to articles showing that the proverbial Mr. and Ms. Watanabe in Japan have been buying home safes in massive numbers, due to zero-to-negative interest rates. It is reasonable to assume that they are
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/16 10:26 PM
  • Number: 24441
  • Recommendations: 4
I don’t like the sector at present. It has all the drawbacks of apartment REITs in the form of high property taxes and other property expenses...
Expenses are huge and profit margins are low in single-family
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/16 6:54 PM
  • Number: 502991
  • Recommendations: 0
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd
NYSE: BABA - Aug 29, 4:40 PM EDT
94.88 USD

MrCheeryO,

I'm still -$6.00 per share underwater based on what I paid for my BABA.

Do you think I should I keep holding to see if the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/16 8:51 AM
  • Number: 502934
The Burning Man festival is now attended by more than just counter-culture festival goers - billionaires are known to be enthusiasts too and the make-shift city has its own airstrip

Dave,

Aren't there supposed to be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/16 8:41 AM
  • Number: 502932
  • Recommendations: 3
But Fed officials... also said they need to consider... Fed purchases of non-government-backed assets like corporate debt.

Why not? Bankers have been "picking winners and losers" for decades (by determining which
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/28/16 6:24 PM
  • Number: 502918
I think a well known wag has phrased the current environment as "return free risk".....so I'm not so sure that risk costs nothing here.....

You're right there, for sure.

=:-o
  • Date: 8/28/16 4:51 PM
  • Number: 502916
...If the US economy is really strong enough to warrant tightening of rates, then where is the capital equipment expenditure? Where are the factories being built? Why is GDP growth for the first half of 2016 a mere 1%? Is capacity utilization at
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z