Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By notehound

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/20/17 8:40 PM
  • Number: 523433
  • Recommendations: 3
In an essay headlined... China-Sanctions Madness Imperils the Dollar, Ryan McMaken of the Mises Institute points out that the era of America's unipolar hegemony soon will be over - if politicians continue their insane pursuit of sanctions
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/20/17 8:26 PM
  • Number: 523428
  • Recommendations: 2
I foresee some major leash tugs on pet congresspersons. Could it be Obamacare repeal effort is finished?

One can certainly hope.
  • Date: 9/20/17 8:22 PM
  • Number: 523427
  • Recommendations: 1
[The current administration] wants America to turn into a plutocracy, and wants the same for the rest of the world, too.

Surely, what you meant to say is that he wants America to REMAIN a plutocracy. The country technically
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/20/17 7:53 AM
  • Number: 523357
  • Recommendations: 3
Mexico City is in the midst of a continuing tragedy - searching for buried survivors after yesterday's powerful earthquake.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/19/17 10:47 PM
  • Number: 523340
Why do we give a fig what happens in Syria?

I've asked that same question about Iraq, Libya and a few other countries myself (not to mention Afghanistan).

Warmongering is good only for defense contractors and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/19/17 9:05 PM
  • Number: 523336
  • Recommendations: 0
The more I think about it, the more complexity I see.

All the more work for accountants and appraisers, my dear.

In my "fantasy asset tax scheme," all assets are taxed at the same rate, regardless of what class of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/19/17 7:41 PM
  • Number: 523329
  • Recommendations: 2
DOW is up 22% or 4,000 points since the November 2016 Election! Yesterday Another All Time Closing High!

Yes. We've reached a "permanent state of constant stock price appreciation." In other words, buying stocks could
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/19/17 6:52 PM
  • Number: 523325
...using the mechanism of trusts... do not imagine that there are not easy work-arounds using corporations to be the custodian of wealth. If you think you can, in addition, tax corporations based on their assets- well, that would sort of be the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/19/17 6:14 PM
  • Number: 523321
  • Recommendations: 0
How do you tax intangibles, like financial assets? How do you tax collectibles, like art? We probably all realize that valuing art or collectables is entirely subjective and there is probably a large underground industry in "write your own
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/19/17 1:23 PM
  • Number: 523301
  • Recommendations: 5
As in the "ease" of creating a rational national health care system, passing Congressional ethics laws with teeth, imposing term limits on both houses of Congress, the probability that a tax reform will actually help the majority of
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z