Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By notehound

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 11/19/17 12:43 AM
  • Number: 526309
  • Recommendations: 1
...the society that allowed him to accumulate such wealth needs to re-distribute it in a more egalitarian manner.
That is bull crap! Cut out the entitlements! The estate tax should be used to replace the taxes that hinder
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/18/17 1:52 PM
  • Number: 526293
  • Recommendations: 2
...death taxes... fairest of all taxes and good for society as well as for the heirs. In my formulation it would start at a fairly high point, maybe $100 million but from there it would be very steep, like 80 or 90%...
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/18/17 9:49 AM
  • Number: 526276
...too much inequality puts the breaks onto the economy as the rich don’t spend (in proportion to their income and wealth). So we are treated to asset bubbles instead.

SuisseBear,

I am in agreement with your above
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/17/17 5:19 PM
  • Number: 526241
Well, they are almost all dying because Google Facebook etc. are gobbling most all the revenues, and what would remain cannot support many competitors. A big shake out is coming and the spectrum of ‘free’ to reader digital press is about to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/17/17 11:33 AM
  • Number: 526212
Based on the part you posted, wouldn't it make sense to eliminate the estate tax and the step-up basis? Just tax the capital gains as it is passed to the next generation.

PSU,

The advantage to allowing a stepped-up
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/17/17 10:20 AM
  • Number: 526206
  • Recommendations: 3
Homeownership doesn't build wealth

Without getting into a discussion of capital appreciation, carrying costs, or any of the other metrics by which one can compare home ownership to other forms of investment, please let me share
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/16/17 11:13 PM
  • Number: 526189
Once you hit a trip figure like "never build again" you have effectively rendered the property useless, even if the event is a once-in-500-year flood. I favor a graduated approach where the pain is spread.

I agree with
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/15/17 7:28 PM
  • Number: 526145
I sincerely hope that Canada wins its NAFTA case against the US, because I like the idea of US home builders getting the lowest possible prices on lumber and plywood products.

With interest rates rising, the monthly cost to buy a house will
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/15/17 9:32 AM
  • Number: 526124
<Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.>

(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/13/17 8:06 AM
  • Number: 2183355
  • Recommendations: 13
I am ready to vote right now for the person I believe will become the next President of the United States of America. If not in 2020, then she definitely will be elected president soon thereafter.

Her name is Kamala Harris, and you can
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z