Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFTomGardner

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/16/18 8:46 PM
  • Number: 210
  • Recommendations: 2
Since you have invested in Round 1 broadly, I believe you're fine to build out Groups 1&2. I also believe that, because these are long-term investments, you need not feel like you must buy as many as you can right now. I think you're on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/14/18 9:10 PM
  • Number: 204
  • Recommendations: 15
JB,

There are so many factors. Let me give an example. If someone is 23 years old, has 40+ years of earnings power ahead, has confidence in their continuing employment, has a plan to regularly add new money, wants to optimize their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/14/18 3:33 PM
  • Number: 208
  • Recommendations: 59
Hi Fools,

Let me offer two high-level observations. This comes from 25 years of experience at The Fool (which doesn't mean I won't be wrong, but only means I've seen patterns play out).

Some of our most dynamic
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/13/18 8:55 PM
  • Number: 199
  • Recommendations: 2
I don't have a strong opinion on that one, Vicki. Great question, though. I certainly favor automatic reinvestment of dividends. I also do not object to reinvesting those dividends elsewhere. And I also support using the dividends as income. In
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/13/18 6:48 PM
  • Number: 197
  • Recommendations: 1
Smokey,

I understand that thinking. While I agree with Toby that it will not end up mattering, still -- I wish we had gotten this report out earlier today. I apologize for that and take responsibility.

Because I'm a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/9/18 11:13 AM
  • Number: 4858
  • Recommendations: 1
LIke I said, I feel uncertain about Leucadia.
  • Date: 4/9/18 5:22 AM
  • Number: 103
  • Recommendations: 0
Winston, are you asking for mobile alerts/texting? Have you been seeing the email and site notices on the positions we’ve closed out? - Tom
  • Date: 4/8/18 7:01 PM
  • Number: 14
  • Recommendations: 4
I think for all of my recommendations in Stock Advisor, it's critical to take a 5-year time horizon. That may sound extreme. But there's a tremendous amount of data to show that the longer one's holding period, the higher their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/8/18 6:10 PM
  • Number: 4857
  • Recommendations: 14
Mark, thanks so much for the post. I'm not sure what conclusion to draw from your assertions. But I'm going to work through some explanations for you. I hope this helps. And, of course, I hope you stay on as a member -- but if other services
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/7/18 6:29 PM
  • Number: 4853
  • Recommendations: 9
Appian is going to be a long-journey investment. My interview with Matt Calkins (Co-Founder/CEO w/ 45% ownership stake) convinces me that he's in this for the very long term. He's in his mid-40s. You probably know all this. But that's an
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z