Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Reitnut

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/5/15 7:26 PM
  • Number: 79240
  • Recommendations: 43
Here's a Block Party that was posted a few weeks ago...

Ralph

Perhaps it’s because the World Series has recently concluded, but it seems that there have been a number of baseball analogies floating around the investment
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/5/15 7:23 PM
  • Number: 79239
  • Recommendations: 37
Yoda sent me an email on Friday, noting that REITs were down, on average, 5.5% YTD. I was surprised by the size of this drop, as most of the REIT names that I own are flat to up for the year. I haven’t done a sector-by-sector comparison in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/25/15 3:12 PM
  • Number: 79052
  • Recommendations: 48
I believe that some of you have positions in VTR, HCN and other healthcare REITs. Last Friday these stocks (primarily the senior housing-focused ones) took a hit because of VTR’s earnings release. I have written previously that assisted living
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/8/15 3:09 PM
  • Number: 78812
  • Recommendations: 28
Good post, Investor 133. Here are a few additional comments on ARE:

1. Lab space is a good business if engaged in with care and intelligence. Owners enjoy long-term leases with internal rent bumps, expanding research budgets from good,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/6/15 6:31 PM
  • Number: 78800
  • Recommendations: 56
My wife and I went out to dinner with her sister and husband Friday night. Tom, my brother-in-law, owns a lot of REIT stocks, and is a typical worried investor. Naturally, he asked me about the performance of REIT stocks this year – not a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/6/15 6:29 PM
  • Number: 78799
  • Recommendations: 18
For what it's worth, I still love ARE and AREEP. Yoda is right when he pegs the risk profile of this REIT at below average. Their markets are the best they've ever been, SS NOI growth is very strong and NAV continues to increase. The NAV discount
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/15/15 7:36 PM
  • Number: 78698
  • Recommendations: 41
I’ve been on vacation (and still am), and other things as well have kept me from our Board. A poster here asked about my opinion on Care Capital Properties (CCP), the new VTR spin-off that will begin trading “regular way” on Monday or Tuesday. I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/17/15 11:32 AM
  • Number: 78609
  • Recommendations: 43
Hey, guys...I haven't been around for a few weeks, and wanted to make a contribution. I wrote the following to share a new REIT idea with you. New REITs are often problematical, but this one now has a 2-year track record - and they've done pretty
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/29/15 6:22 PM
  • Number: 78553
  • Recommendations: 38
Should I buy now or wait until she actually begins torquing it up?

I cannot, of course, answer that question. We all know that timing the market, short-term, is a game that few, if any, can win on a consistent basis. All we know is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/29/15 11:06 AM
  • Number: 78549
  • Recommendations: 54
I have not been able to post here for several weeks, due to a combination of a minor health issue, a great deal of volunteer work, and the anguish of having to send our eldest Golden Retriever, Riley, over that "Rainbow Bridge" (but he did
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z