Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Reitnut

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/15/15 7:36 PM
  • Number: 78698
  • Recommendations: 40
I’ve been on vacation (and still am), and other things as well have kept me from our Board. A poster here asked about my opinion on Care Capital Properties (CCP), the new VTR spin-off that will begin trading “regular way” on Monday or Tuesday. I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/17/15 11:32 AM
  • Number: 78609
  • Recommendations: 43
Hey, guys...I haven't been around for a few weeks, and wanted to make a contribution. I wrote the following to share a new REIT idea with you. New REITs are often problematical, but this one now has a 2-year track record - and they've done pretty
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/29/15 6:22 PM
  • Number: 78553
  • Recommendations: 38
Should I buy now or wait until she actually begins torquing it up?

I cannot, of course, answer that question. We all know that timing the market, short-term, is a game that few, if any, can win on a consistent basis. All we know is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/29/15 11:06 AM
  • Number: 78549
  • Recommendations: 54
I have not been able to post here for several weeks, due to a combination of a minor health issue, a great deal of volunteer work, and the anguish of having to send our eldest Golden Retriever, Riley, over that "Rainbow Bridge" (but he did
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/15 6:50 PM
  • Number: 78426
  • Recommendations: 45
This was posted about a month ago on SNL, for those who might possibly be interested.

The healthcare sector of the REIT industry, consisting primarily of seniors’ housing, skilled nursing facilities (SNF), medical office buildings
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/15 6:43 PM
  • Number: 78425
  • Recommendations: 18
If you want a REAL dividend increase, look at what Extra Space (EXR) did last week: They bumped the dividend by 25.5%. The stock has done really well, as this is a very well-managed REIT and owns properties in the rapidly-growing self-storage
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/15 6:32 PM
  • Number: 78424
  • Recommendations: 30
I'm not front running the Fed but I think we can agree that the entire tenor of this board and REITs in general is it's a bad time to buy. Interest rates are going to go up, properties are expensive and so are REITs. I'm searching for good
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/15 6:01 PM
  • Number: 78423
  • Recommendations: 6
Is it your understanding that only the real estate assets should count on the NAV/share and the market value of the NOI isn't part of that calculation?

Yes, real estate NOI is built into the NAV estimate, so adding them together
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/17/15 6:39 PM
  • Number: 78380
  • Recommendations: 4
I still don't get it. If total assets are $10.5 billion and liabilities are $4 billion, the net assets would be $6.5 billion; divided by 71MM shares outstanding is $91.50 per share. Green St's figure is modestly in excess of that, as they value
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/17/15 6:25 PM
  • Number: 78379
  • Recommendations: 12
MonsterFluff, I am puzzled by one thing in your calculation: NAV is calculated on the basis of market value of assets net of debt, divided by the shares outstanding. You have "assets net of debt" of $3.407 billion. If there are 71.2MM
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z