Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Reitnut

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/22/15 8:33 PM
  • Number: 78119
  • Recommendations: 2
I found it odd that there has been no thread here regarding SPG's hostile offer to buy MAC - this would be one of the biggest M&A deals in quite some time. Is this because:
  • Date: 3/22/15 8:20 PM
  • Number: 78118
  • Recommendations: 12
PSA common and PSA pfds have different risk profiles, so it's really hard to compare them. As said here by others, the principal risk with the pfds is that long-term bond yields rise, causing the pfds to decline to well below par value - and they
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/8/15 10:17 PM
  • Number: 78071
  • Recommendations: 25
Seems like reasoning on stilts to me, all starting with one month's employment rates, a single point of data that may be revised. Maybe the better explanation is simply: the herd stampeded south this morning.

Great post, gtw999. I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/15 6:56 PM
  • Number: 78025
  • Recommendations: 32
Here's another Block Party post I did for SNL, which was posted about a month ago. It may be of interest to some of you. My timing wasn't very good, as I believe REIT stocks grossly underperformed in February. But I still stubbornly believe in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/15 6:48 PM
  • Number: 78024
  • Recommendations: 19
Most of the quality REIT pfds that I track have YTFCs in the neighborhood of the low 4% to the mid-5% range. That may - or may not - be acceptable to many investors, but it's lower than the 6-7% that we have been accustomed to in recent years.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/15 6:34 PM
  • Number: 78023
  • Recommendations: 12
The HCN secondary was a good move. It is financing current acquisitions partially with equity to avoid goosing debt leverage, and it is selling new shares at a price well above NAV. We don't know, of course, for how long the HC REITs can continue
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/15 6:29 PM
  • Number: 78022
  • Recommendations: 17
As BG has noted, performance figures are heavily influenced by the time periods used. KIM performed well for a while, then was badly trashed during the Great Recession. KIM's sin was to go outside of US real estate (into Canada, Mexico and Latin
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/15/15 9:46 PM
  • Number: 77950
  • Recommendations: 8
There's a bit more risk in TCBIP these days, as it's a Texas bank. The common stock (TCBI) dropped from about $62 to $42 during the drop in oil prices over the past roughly six months. But, this is still a well-run bank, and I don't think the risk
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/15/15 6:19 PM
  • Number: 77947
  • Recommendations: 34
Those of us who have been very happy with our REIT pfds are now going through the agonies of a very troubling “Catch-22.” The term “Catch-22” has been defined as “a dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/10/15 9:16 PM
  • Number: 77938
  • Recommendations: 27
A friend of mine who posts here sent me an email saying that someone wanted me to re-post my Block Party post on ARE and AREEP. It was written in November of last year, and I have not updated it for purposes of this post. But, I think the ARE
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z