Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Reitnut

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/14/14 7:10 PM
  • Number: 77677
  • Recommendations: 34
For those who may care, here's another fairly recent "Block Party" post; it discusses Risk - and my view of it in the context of REIT investing. This one is two months old, so please forgive its probable lack of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/14/14 6:58 PM
  • Number: 77676
  • Recommendations: 15
Any comments arrows or bricks, especially a comment from Ralph and Jim
Luckett.

Tony, I find myself very much in agreement with your assessment. Interest rates and bond yields will certainly affect the pricing of REIT stocks;
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/23/14 8:09 PM
  • Number: 77640
  • Recommendations: 34
STOR is a new equity REIT that IPO'd last week at $18.50. The early trades have been between $19.50 and just under $20. STOR is a triple-net lease REIT, and should be of interest to many - particularly those who like a higher than average dividend
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/23/14 7:40 PM
  • Number: 77639
  • Recommendations: 23
This valuation issue is something all of us are wrestling with. In my opinion REIT stocks are appropriately priced today, and so are other equities - but this, of course, depends on today's low levels of interest rates and bond yields remaining
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/16/14 8:55 PM
  • Number: 77606
  • Recommendations: 26
This is the last part of the discussion on REITs between my three Goldens.

Ralph

Letís conclude our three-part series of canine chatter by eves-dropping on my Golden Retrieversí discussion of value creation. This is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/16/14 8:48 PM
  • Number: 77605
  • Recommendations: 17
Bernhard, your questions are good ones. I think the focus of new REIT investors should be primarily upon owning quality merchandise, and not worrying too much about overpaying for the best REITs. I have found that during the vast majority of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/16/14 8:21 PM
  • Number: 77604
  • Recommendations: 17
The term "industrial real estate" is a confusing term. It generally refers to that specific sector of commercial real estate which includes warehouses, distribution centers, "flex space" (serving as a combination of office,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/9/14 8:10 PM
  • Number: 77591
  • Recommendations: 16
Valuemonger, your points are well-taken. I have always believed that estimated NAVs should be much more widely available; this will happen some day, when the accounting profession finally approves Fair Value Accounting - but by then I may be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/9/14 7:59 PM
  • Number: 77590
  • Recommendations: 15
HCN has been winning many new fans, due in large part to its ability to partner with large healthcare providers who would like to rid their balance sheet of capital-intensive real estate assets. Management argues that this gives them a leg up on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/9/14 7:49 PM
  • Number: 77589
  • Recommendations: 24
Trashings like ARCP has taken recently often give rise to great buying opportunities for value-oriented investors. But sometimes they are simply "value traps," and never pull out of their nose-dives. Lots of seemingly smart investors
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z