Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Reitnut

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/23/15 6:37 PM
  • Number: 78244
  • Recommendations: 38
Hereís a short post of the type I have threatened:

I have never been a big fan of hotel REITs, as this category lacks the protection of long-term leases, and results can be cyclical and affected by new developments that have not been as
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/15 6:20 PM
  • Number: 78242
  • Recommendations: 39
A good friend of mine (who posts here) sent me an email late yesterday, asking me to take a look at the posts on our Board on this thread.

Well, my friends, I am pretty much at a loss for words - which doesn't happen to me very often. And,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/15 8:51 PM
  • Number: 78204
  • Recommendations: 21
BMR is a solid REIT. They own and lease space to life science companies, primarly pharma and biotech. This is a very good property sector, and is less economically-sensitive than most. Owners do, however, need to exercise care in tenant choice.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/15 8:35 PM
  • Number: 78203
  • Recommendations: 33
Here's a post I did for Block Party early last month.

Ralph

Last week one of the many crazoid radical Islamic terrorist groups (itís hard to keep track of them all Ė and who wants to?) made headlines by urging followers to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/15 8:28 PM
  • Number: 78202
  • Recommendations: 73
I'm not sure how long I've been posting here - perhaps over 10 years. I've very much enjoyed doing this, and probably learned almost as much when I am posting as when I read others' posts. But it does take time, and I find I have less and less of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/22/15 8:33 PM
  • Number: 78119
  • Recommendations: 2
I found it odd that there has been no thread here regarding SPG's hostile offer to buy MAC - this would be one of the biggest M&A deals in quite some time. Is this because:
  • Date: 3/22/15 8:20 PM
  • Number: 78118
  • Recommendations: 13
PSA common and PSA pfds have different risk profiles, so it's really hard to compare them. As said here by others, the principal risk with the pfds is that long-term bond yields rise, causing the pfds to decline to well below par value - and they
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/8/15 10:17 PM
  • Number: 78071
  • Recommendations: 25
Seems like reasoning on stilts to me, all starting with one month's employment rates, a single point of data that may be revised. Maybe the better explanation is simply: the herd stampeded south this morning.

Great post, gtw999. I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/15 6:56 PM
  • Number: 78025
  • Recommendations: 33
Here's another Block Party post I did for SNL, which was posted about a month ago. It may be of interest to some of you. My timing wasn't very good, as I believe REIT stocks grossly underperformed in February. But I still stubbornly believe in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/15 6:48 PM
  • Number: 78024
  • Recommendations: 19
Most of the quality REIT pfds that I track have YTFCs in the neighborhood of the low 4% to the mid-5% range. That may - or may not - be acceptable to many investors, but it's lower than the 6-7% that we have been accustomed to in recent years.
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z