Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Reitnut

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/12/14 6:49 PM
  • Number: 77431
  • Recommendations: 31
This was posted something over a month ago on Block Party...I don't think much has changed since I wrote this.

Ralph

About a month ago Paula and I adopted another critter; Maggie is a six-year-old off-white Golden Retriever,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/12/14 6:39 PM
  • Number: 77430
  • Recommendations: 13
My take on buybacks is rather simple. I think there is nothing inherently wrong with stock buybacks, and that the wisdom of such depends on whether the company is buying back stock at below intrinsic value. Warren Buffet says that a company should
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/12/14 6:21 PM
  • Number: 77429
  • Recommendations: 15
I have said some kind words on this Board about COR and AMT, and still believe that they have good potential.

COR is less exposed to competition from the likes of Amazon and Google, as much of their assets are "network-dense"
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/12/14 6:10 PM
  • Number: 77428
  • Recommendations: 21
I'm confused by the 3.5% capital appreciation rate -- was that just a what-it-would-take-to-get-to-8%-total-return number rather than a forecast?

It would seem if you expect 5% AFFO per share growth and we hold constant market rates and

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/28/14 6:32 PM
  • Number: 77385
  • Recommendations: 19
It's kind of funny when you think about it...I have no knowledge of Brad Thomas' skill or expertise, and I found much fault with one of his pieces on...what was it?...ROIC? That said, I have read only one of them.

What may be funny is that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/28/14 6:25 PM
  • Number: 77384
  • Recommendations: 11
Splendid post on PCI, BruceCM. It again demonstrates that there is rarely a free lunch in the investment world, and a yield of over 8% these days means that investors ARE taking some risks. In my opinion, that risk is worth taking with a very
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/28/14 6:07 PM
  • Number: 77383
  • Recommendations: 27
I very much agree with Yoda's analysis. It is also odd that, until Friday, REITs were consistently weak even though the yield on the 10-year backed down quite a bit. I don't see much that would get the 10-year's yield to spike, especially with the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/28/14 5:52 PM
  • Number: 77382
  • Recommendations: 16
No problem, Martin...I would buy more VTR at any price below $61, as NAV is around that level. There is nothing at all wrong with VTR, just that FFO/AFFO growth is likely to be slowing to something like 5% annually...still, that's not bad, when you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/14/14 7:23 PM
  • Number: 77308
  • Recommendations: 39
There was a bullish story on Ventas (VTR) in this week's Barron's. I don't know if this link is accessible to non-subscribers: (Continued...)
  • Date: 9/7/14 6:37 PM
  • Number: 77293
  • Recommendations: 41
I don't think I have yet posted this prior Block Party post; if I have, I apologize.

Ralph

I confess that I have written from time to time about REIT valuation issues; however, I hope you will be forgiving on account of
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z