Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Reitnut

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/24/14 7:24 PM
  • Number: 77257
  • Recommendations: 38
I'd like to say a few words about my four largest REIT positions. This post would be much too long if I covered each thoroughly, so perhaps use this as a starting point in your research if you are looking to add to (or even taper) REIT positions.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/14 6:53 PM
  • Number: 77256
  • Recommendations: 20
Lots of comments on this thread, and it's an interesting one. Past performance, of course, is no guarantee of future performance - even over 20+ years.

There are two ways to look at REITs' prospective performance. One is from the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/14 7:14 PM
  • Number: 77218
  • Recommendations: 29
Kimco Realty (KIM) is a large-cap shopping center REIT (with an $18 billion portfolio) that's been public since 1992. It was, at one time, a "blue-chip" REIT, but lost that designation in 2008 when some of its non-real estate investments
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/14 6:47 PM
  • Number: 77217
  • Recommendations: 30

Not too many posts on REIT commons these days, so I will copy and paste a blog post on it that I did for SNL Financial a couple of weeks ago. Those who like yield (perhaps most of you) will note that the yield on COR is an above-average

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/14 6:38 PM
  • Number: 77216
  • Recommendations: 12
I suspect that NRF common would trade at a higher price if they would significantly slash their debt leverage (although that would reduce FFO to some extent, and perhaps even require a cut in the dividend). Unless and until they do that, NRF will
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/3/14 7:57 PM
  • Number: 77179
  • Recommendations: 51
REITs' "earnings season" is pretty far along and most REITs have reported on Q2 results and offered guidance for the balance of the year. One might think that, based on the recent price action in REIT stocks, operating results and/or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/3/14 7:06 PM
  • Number: 77178
  • Recommendations: 11
Perhaps REITs such as these should not be regarded as REITs in the normal sense, but rather as a financing device for the company spinning it off. This was the logical conclusion when Dillard's was thinking of doing something similar.

I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/20/14 8:17 PM
  • Number: 77124
  • Recommendations: 12
JK, you could sure be right. There are many headwinds facing us, which could keep interest rates and bond yields quite low for a long time. I am always looking over my shoulder for a reversal, but I don't see anything worrisome on the horizon.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/20/14 8:09 PM
  • Number: 77123
  • Recommendations: 1
Thanks much for the good wishes, LuckyDog. If you'd like me to send you a picture of the pups, send me an email and I will respond.

R.
  • Date: 7/20/14 6:45 PM
  • Number: 77120
  • Recommendations: 25
What are some good quality equity REITs selling at "very modest estimated NAV premiums"?

Here is just a very partial list:

Apartments: Every one of them except ESS are still trading at NAV discounts or very
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z