Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Reitnut

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/14/14 7:23 PM
  • Number: 77308
  • Recommendations: 34
There was a bullish story on Ventas (VTR) in this week's Barron's. I don't know if this link is accessible to non-subscribers: (Continued...)
  • Date: 9/7/14 6:37 PM
  • Number: 77293
  • Recommendations: 37
I don't think I have yet posted this prior Block Party post; if I have, I apologize.

Ralph

I confess that I have written from time to time about REIT valuation issues; however, I hope you will be forgiving on account of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/7/14 6:31 PM
  • Number: 77291
  • Recommendations: 9
Excellent post, tiberko. Your concerns are very real. Another concern is that the CEO has always been a real estate debt guy; does he know enough about health care properties? Did he overpay for that large acquisition? Is the stock were it's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/7/14 6:15 PM
  • Number: 77290
  • Recommendations: 0
Hey Ralph

What's your thoughts on EPR+E another convertible preferred

Wish I could help, but I don't follow EPR at all.

R.
  • Date: 9/1/14 7:18 PM
  • Number: 77267
  • Recommendations: 35
Id like to say a few kind words about AREEP, which is an odd duck even among the odd ducks that are preferred stocks. Unlike most pfds, AREEP is convertible into ARE common stock; the conversion price is $100.93 per share. This equates to 0.2477
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/14 7:24 PM
  • Number: 77257
  • Recommendations: 42
I'd like to say a few words about my four largest REIT positions. This post would be much too long if I covered each thoroughly, so perhaps use this as a starting point in your research if you are looking to add to (or even taper) REIT positions.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/14 6:53 PM
  • Number: 77256
  • Recommendations: 22
Lots of comments on this thread, and it's an interesting one. Past performance, of course, is no guarantee of future performance - even over 20+ years.

There are two ways to look at REITs' prospective performance. One is from the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/14 7:14 PM
  • Number: 77218
  • Recommendations: 31
Kimco Realty (KIM) is a large-cap shopping center REIT (with an $18 billion portfolio) that's been public since 1992. It was, at one time, a "blue-chip" REIT, but lost that designation in 2008 when some of its non-real estate investments
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/14 6:47 PM
  • Number: 77217
  • Recommendations: 32

Not too many posts on REIT commons these days, so I will copy and paste a blog post on it that I did for SNL Financial a couple of weeks ago. Those who like yield (perhaps most of you) will note that the yield on COR is an above-average

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/14 6:38 PM
  • Number: 77216
  • Recommendations: 12
I suspect that NRF common would trade at a higher price if they would significantly slash their debt leverage (although that would reduce FFO to some extent, and perhaps even require a cut in the dividend). Unless and until they do that, NRF will
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z