Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By PSUEngineer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/19/18 2:07 PM
  • Number: 104758
  • Recommendations: 1
It's always good to see someone progress in their careers.

PSU
  • Date: 1/19/18 1:42 PM
  • Number: 504317
  • Recommendations: 0
That's what I thought, but doesn't the increase in the The Child Tax Credit make up for that?

Maybe. I don't pay much attention to it anymore. And when I did have younger kids, my income was too high. That's why I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/19/18 11:37 AM
  • Number: 113178
  • Recommendations: 2
I've found buying stocks with DRIPS (dividend reinvestment plans) to be convenient. Many allow you to buy your first shares of stock through them as well.

I find DRIPS to be inconvenient. Too much work tracking the basis of all
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/19/18 11:31 AM
  • Number: 504300
  • Recommendations: 3
Sure they do. I don't like the new tax bill any better than you do, but in this case I think DB is absolutely correct. MFJ folks whose taxable income is $50k saw their tax rate drop from 15% to 12%. They saw an increase in their take home
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/19/18 10:41 AM
  • Number: 197277
  • Recommendations: 2
I hope Open Office or Libre Office improved over the years. Years ago I was being cheap and installed Open Office on my computer. My daughter created a presentation in its version of Powerpoint. She went to school and found that she couldn't
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/18/18 11:49 AM
  • Number: 504231
They are all a bit better off now. To run against that doesn't seem like a great strategy.

It's still a one-time bonus. I see you didn't refute that. A lot of companies are giving one time bonuses. Let's see how many
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/18/18 11:44 AM
  • Number: 86859
  • Recommendations: 15
Another board goes down the political rathole. I wonder how long before the Recipes/Cooking board becomes a political cesspool.

PSU
  • Date: 1/18/18 10:59 AM
  • Number: 504227
  • Recommendations: 3
Apple is giving employees each $2,500 in stock as bonuses

So? You replied to my post that most companies you listed are providing one time bonuses. Apple is also giving their employees a one time bonus just like the other companies.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/17/18 3:08 PM
  • Number: 113105
Great post. Wish some of these posts could go to Best of. That reply isn't really political. Just funny. Or sad. But definitely educational!

What is also funny is the article was from 2013. We know Texas added at least one more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/17/18 11:46 AM
  • Number: 113087
  • Recommendations: 10
Heck, if you like forests, Texas has a million acres of trees including five National Forests - from Sabine to Davy Crockett to ID Fairchild....... and you don't have to worry about pesky volcanoes erupting....or tsunamis.......or major
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z