Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By PaulWBryant

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/19/18 6:33 PM
  • Number: 40340
  • Recommendations: 19
According to the Talend CEO Mike Tuchen (who is a very clear communicator), GDPR means that "every European citizen owns their own data. And so for anyone that's providing a service - like Facebook - in Europe, they actually don't own
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/18 11:32 AM
  • Number: 40252
  • Recommendations: 0
Jack,

Here are some thoughts I offered regarding this: http://boards.fool.com/share-lockup-periods-mongodb-33034550...

You'll see I'm not an
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/16/18 12:57 PM
  • Number: 40201
  • Recommendations: 1
That extra bit of purpose is big. And likely to attract additional talent. I think techies, like artists, are more inspired by doing great work and working with people they admire for a righteous cause.

Couldn't agree
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/13/18 3:21 PM
  • Number: 40034
  • Recommendations: 62
I came to a point when I felt CSCO's share price had raced beyond any reasonable financial metrics. Shares were selling at approx. $75 at that point. I announced I was selling my entire position.
Fast forward 18 years. CSCO fell

(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/12/18 11:31 AM
  • Number: 39951
  • Recommendations: 11
I took a long break from this board because I was very turned off by the talk regarding BOFI years ago. It felt like one big echo chamber where no arguments would be heard that did not agree with a select few. These select few also refused to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/10/18 2:12 PM
  • Number: 39884
  • Recommendations: 18
I think Pure is still my favorite bet to double in 2018 even though they're only up 18% so far. (Ok maybe Wix would edge them out since it's already up 46%.)

My favorite part of the article is where Bert laments the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/10/18 11:21 AM
  • Number: 58
There are only around 17.5 M shares. How can there be 30+M shares in lockup???

17.5M? Not sure where you saw that, Sean. Last quarter Non-GAAP weighted-average shares used to compute net loss per share were
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/10/18 11:19 AM
  • Number: 57
Tinker,

Duma's post lost me at a couple different points. But if you're going to do a comparison, it seems to me you should compare (with other IPOs):

float before lockup expiration
float after lockup
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/9/18 5:22 PM
  • Number: 53
  • Recommendations: 6
When a company does an IPO, there is usually (maybe always) a "lockup period" where those who hold shares before the IPO cannot sell them (or some of them) until the lockup expires. It is my understanding that the point of this is to keep
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/9/18 5:20 PM
  • Number: 39843
  • Recommendations: 25
When a company does an IPO, there is usually (maybe always) a "lockup period" where those who hold shares before the IPO cannot sell them (or some of them) until the lockup expires. It is my understanding that the point of this is to keep
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z