Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By PaulWBryant

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/18/18 12:42 PM
  • Number: 91753
  • Recommendations: 0
The Fool.com boards have always been intermittently slow, but in the last weeks and months, the slowness has been more frequent and more severe. Today is particularly bad.

Any reason for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/18/18 12:38 PM
  • Number: 35874
  • Recommendations: 4
What are your thoughts on Facebook with the news feed change?

I am impressed and I think Zuck is really trying to do the right thing. I don't know exactly how it will affect their top or bottom line, but I would expect growth to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/17/18 11:49 AM
  • Number: 35849
  • Recommendations: 17
I don't know exactly what this is a sign of, but it can't be the sign of a real, growing market.

I've tried to ignore cryptocurrencies for the purposes of this board, and will continue to do so as that's not what this
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/16/18 1:48 PM
  • Number: 35808
  • Recommendations: 38
Since somebody brought it up and Smorg mentioned me (I admit I probably would have sold it out had Bear not been so enthusiastic a little while ago.), I thought I would share.

For the record, I'm still enthusiastic. Just
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/15/18 10:41 PM
  • Number: 35799
  • Recommendations: 2
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on Alarm .com. They definitely have some competition out there. I'll be keeping a close eye on them, and update the board, as always.

Thanks again,
Bear
  • Date: 1/12/18 3:30 PM
  • Number: 35757
  • Recommendations: 1
It looks like NVTA has had more rapid growth than FMI and may actually catch up in revenues despite having a much smaller market cap (about 1/5 the size). It's trading at only about 6 times 2017 revenues (less than 4 times 2018 projections)
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/12/18 11:42 AM
  • Number: 35748
  • Recommendations: 12
I have been very encouraged by the operating leverage Alarm showed in the September quarter. As I said in a previous post:

This one is hiding in plain sight: the high margin of the SaaS revenue is just starting to show up -- Q3 was a

(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/10/18 7:12 PM
  • Number: 35683
  • Recommendations: 3
since $100+ per share is a reasonable possibility in a year or so, +30%, what risk am I willing to take?

KC,

Good work as usual. I agree on all counts...except I'll defer to you on the EPS projections.

And I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/10/18 10:39 AM
  • Number: 35666
  • Recommendations: 34
I have no crystal ball, but things always change. And even if a business doesn't change, investor perception of it does, and that moves markets.

Wise words from Dan Caplinger. We on this board rightly look at business
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/9/18 2:51 PM
  • Number: 35622
  • Recommendations: 2
I am thinking a basket of Talend, Appian, and Alteryx might be a decent idea

Doesn't Appian do something fundamentally different? I thought it allows users to create apps without writing code. The other two are in data
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z