Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By tamhas

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/25/16 4:35 PM
  • Number: 80214
  • Recommendations: 60
While people make the argument that politics impacts investing ... and it does, of course ... the reason that TMF is divided into as many boards as it is, is so that people can pay attention to what interests them and ignore what does not interest
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/27/17 9:58 AM
  • Number: 86174
  • Recommendations: 48
Whatever else we might say about Trump, the stock market obviously likes what he is doing.

We don't want to get political, but it should be noted that the up trend during this presidency is merely the continuation of the up trend
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/10/10 8:33 PM
  • Number: 47552
  • Recommendations: 45
The Supreme Court is hardly rapid fire Judge Judy shoot from the hip court room action. Seems like a long history of scholarship is more to the point at that level than courtroom experience.

As for her being an "extreme liberal"
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/16/17 8:47 PM
  • Number: 84930
  • Recommendations: 43
Duma, one would think that, in victory ... whether or not you rue it in time ... that you could shut up about Secretary Clinton.

What is pretty clear at this point is that, regardless of all the messaging and strategy and whatever issues
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/10/18 8:21 PM
  • Number: 87672
  • Recommendations: 40
One of the reasons that political arguments on a forum like this is so pointless, is the tendency of many posters to have such a bad case of confirmation bias that one person is in one reality and another in a whole different reality. In
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/6/17 2:36 PM
  • Number: 86428
  • Recommendations: 39
Actually, Tinker, I said no such thing. I have taken no position on debt beyond that there are times when a deficit is called for, such as recovering from the recession, which is, of course, what pushed up the debt level.

There is an
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/29/17 9:23 PM
  • Number: 34372
  • Recommendations: 35
Duma, face it, name calling is an ordinary, every day event on NPI and the characterization is perfectly fair. There is good stuff there, but there is a LOT of ad hominem attacks and attacks at classes of people with different political opinions
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/26/17 8:56 PM
  • Number: 24563
  • Recommendations: 35
Two notes:

Any N year comparison can make one alternative look good versus another, while a different time depth might show the reverse. There is an amusing correlation over this period, but that is all that it is, not a metric. If one
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/27/17 5:51 PM
  • Number: 86933
  • Recommendations: 33
Of course this is just one isolated observation and data set.

There is a reason why is is called *global* warming and a reason why the preferred term now is climate change ... it is to keep people from making statements like this and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/25/17 8:24 PM
  • Number: 84340
  • Recommendations: 33
There seems to me a lot about this whole flap about sports and the anthem that is people making meaning out of something that is not actually there. This all started with someone, a black man, deciding to kneel for the anthem instead of stand
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z