Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By tamhas

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/25/16 4:35 PM
  • Number: 80214
  • Recommendations: 60
While people make the argument that politics impacts investing ... and it does, of course ... the reason that TMF is divided into as many boards as it is, is so that people can pay attention to what interests them and ignore what does not interest
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/27/17 9:58 AM
  • Number: 86174
  • Recommendations: 49
Whatever else we might say about Trump, the stock market obviously likes what he is doing.

We don't want to get political, but it should be noted that the up trend during this presidency is merely the continuation of the up trend
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/10/10 8:33 PM
  • Number: 47552
  • Recommendations: 45
The Supreme Court is hardly rapid fire Judge Judy shoot from the hip court room action. Seems like a long history of scholarship is more to the point at that level than courtroom experience.

As for her being an "extreme liberal"
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/30/18 9:36 PM
  • Number: 88780
  • Recommendations: 43
Duma, I would be very happy if you dropped the political content here and we could pay attention only to investing issues. You could even take it elsewhere and I would happily not follow you.

unemployed
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/19/18 3:25 PM
  • Number: 88142
Democrats would rather leave the border wide open than protect citizens already here.

Tinker, one of the reasons that political discussions here get so acrimonious is because of this kind of extreme characterization of people who
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/16/17 8:47 PM
  • Number: 84930
Duma, one would think that, in victory ... whether or not you rue it in time ... that you could shut up about Secretary Clinton.

What is pretty clear at this point is that, regardless of all the messaging and strategy and whatever issues
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/29/18 9:32 PM
  • Number: 88702
  • Recommendations: 41
Tinker, this thread has nothing to do with collusion.

What is clear is that the Russians did a bunch of things to try to influence the election and they are still doing them. This should bother us ... a LOT!

It is also clear that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/10/18 8:21 PM
  • Number: 87672
  • Recommendations: 41
One of the reasons that political arguments on a forum like this is so pointless, is the tendency of many posters to have such a bad case of confirmation bias that one person is in one reality and another in a whole different reality. In
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/4/18 10:56 AM
  • Number: 89133
  • Recommendations: 39
a reasonable and neutral jury

And where would you find one of those around here.

Frankly, there are others on this board who *far* more deserve the crown for "blatant political bias and grossly misunderstanding
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/6/17 2:36 PM
  • Number: 86428
  • Recommendations: 39
Actually, Tinker, I said no such thing. I have taken no position on debt beyond that there are times when a deficit is called for, such as recovering from the recession, which is, of course, what pushed up the debt level.

There is an
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z