Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By arrete

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/30/03 8:58 AM
  • Number: 104746
  • Recommendations: 81
Once upon a time there was a Monkey who wasn't afraid of hard work but preferred to play. He came up with the idea that if he worked on building a cache of bananas, nuts and Purina Monkey Chow, that he could go back to playing all the time. The
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/6/04 8:07 AM
  • Number: 192418
  • Recommendations: 78
As of October 30, I will have been retired for 6 years. Most of the time I've had great fun, and I definitely do not want to go back to working for “the man”.

How did I get to FIRE?
- I maxed out my 403B (11% matching) and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/6/03 10:29 AM
  • Number: 88905
  • Recommendations: 74
The last guest is gone, so now I've had a little time to think about life - retired life.

Retirement (especially early) never turns out as you imagined, but nothing in life does, so why should retirement be different? You would think that 8
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/9/00 12:07 PM
  • Number: 24381
  • Recommendations: 67
I hate to break in on this political warfare, but I'm going to say some thing about retirement. I know that's gutsy and untoward, but I'm going to do it anyway. So if you don't want to read something on-topic, hit the Next
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/1/02 1:16 PM
  • Number: 81757
  • Recommendations: 62
I thought I'd put my usual $0.02 in on this subject (don't you miss the cent key they had on typewriters?).

I think I can understand how people who are busy, busy, busy at work might wonder how a retired person can fill up their day with
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/13/08 12:35 PM
  • Number: 3256
  • Recommendations: 60
What is the Feste award without MichaelRead? I realize that NoIDAtAll has placed a nomination for MR, but the name wasn’t in the title.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/03 12:44 PM
  • Number: 102758
  • Recommendations: 60

All this turmoil that has been going on plus the occasional inquiry from a newbie has had me pondering the type of person who wants to FIRE and succeeds

Well, first off you can tell the ones who have a shot at it versus those that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/25/09 9:01 PM
  • Number: 128312
  • Recommendations: 59
I can't believe this hasn't already been posted, but I did do a search.
-------------------

At the train station in Liverpool , T-Mobile did this great commercial unbeknownst to the daily commuters. They practiced for 8 weeks and on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/14/02 1:11 PM
  • Number: 70245
  • Recommendations: 59
Now that I am really into retirement, I can look back and see what worked and what didn't when I was preparing to retire. Sometimes the same thing both worked and didn't work. For example:

Budgeting
I kept track of every penny I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/17/03 1:56 PM
  • Number: 40386
  • Recommendations: 56
I have been taking care of my grandkitty while my daughter and her SO live it up on vacation. My daughter left a detailed message about what to feed the cat, etc. Part way down the message what the sentence “Pay no attention to the note from the
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z