Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By earslookin

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/26/05 10:52 AM
  • Number: 7222
  • Recommendations: 184
If you had a problem with a co-worker, would you…

(a) Go talk to that person directly about your concerns?

(b) Post your concerns on the cafeteria bulletin board with an innocuous title like “Superstar or Scoundrel”, and hope the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/3/05 2:33 PM
  • Number: 5625
  • Recommendations: 117
Faro's Sustainable Competitive Advantage – 3.1 Hexagon

Hexagon's Mission Statement, May 2000: Transform this somewhat boring Scandinavian conglomerate into something worthwhile owning.

Surely it didn't take a three-day
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/6/05 9:50 PM
  • Number: 5121
  • Recommendations: 113
Faro's Sustainable Competitive Advantage – 1.0 Introduction

Warren Buffett was once asked what the most important thing he looks for when evaluating a company. Without hesitation, he replied, "Sustainable competitive
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/04 11:20 PM
  • Number: 30777
  • Recommendations: 110
The gray suit gets my attention, not the white hair. After all, the average age of Bridge League members is sixty-six, so there's plenty of white hair in the room. The rest of the players are dressed casually, however, so the suit immediately
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/7/05 10:12 PM
  • Number: 5133
  • Recommendations: 93
Faro's Sustainable Competitive Advantage – 2.1 Industry Description

My conclusion from my own experiences and from much observation of other businesses is that a good managerial record (measured by economic returns) is far more a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/20/05 8:37 PM
  • Number: 5354
  • Recommendations: 90
Faro's Sustainable Competitive Advantage – 2.3 Industry Product Lines

Our products include cranks, cremation supplies, drapes, grave boards, grass/matting, lowering devices, trash receptacles, vault supplies and much more. We also
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/5/05 11:47 AM
  • Number: 7866
  • Recommendations: 88
Tom,

Perhaps you will take what follows as criticism of you and a defense of Faro management. That's not my intent. Rather, as a Faro owner who appreciates skeptical inquiry, I'd like to better understand your concerns.

The turnaround
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/7/05 11:31 PM
  • Number: 5411
  • Recommendations: 87
Faro's Sustainable Competitive Advantage – 2.5 Industry Size & Market Share

We're all in this alone. - Lily Tomlin

Remember that itchy wool sweater you threw out a few years ago? Someday the yarn from that old sweater
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/5/06 11:18 AM
  • Number: 9773
  • Recommendations: 78
Note: jeffbas was kind enough to review earlier drafts of this post. He suggested areas that needed further research, uncovered many inaccuracies, and in general bailed me out of what was sure to be a mess. Plus he let me steal…err, adopt…some of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/20/05 8:48 AM
  • Number: 7148
  • Recommendations: 75
FARO also continues to monitor the pending re-examination proceeding in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and it is FARO's belief that the Romer CimCore patent will ultimately be found invalid. -- Simon Raab

The Romer/Hexagon vs
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z