Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Colovion

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/1/14 5:44 PM
  • Number: 1957714
  • Recommendations: 0
But what if they don't have any intention of shooting anyone? Then they are not a threat and no one should care.

Pointing a gun at someone is an assault. Yes, that person would be deemed a valid threat in every courtroom in the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/14 5:21 PM
  • Number: 1957708
Having a gun obviously and greatly increases a person's potential lethality.

Potential lethality is very different from threat level. A person operating a vehicle has a ton (literally) of potential lethality, but anybody pointing
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/14 5:16 PM
  • Number: 1957706
If a person is 500 yards, is he more of a threat armed or unarmed?

As I said it depends on the circumstances. Try to pay attention. If that person 500 yards away is in a tree stand looking for a deer they're less of a threat
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/14 4:57 PM
  • Number: 1957700
It certainly isn't business as usual...

BUT!!

We Americans seem to have two speeds,

1. business as usual, and

3. they're coming to get us!

We seem to consistently lack a 2nd
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/14 4:51 PM
  • Number: 1957697
  • Recommendations: 1
That is what it's all about. An unarmed teen was shot. We need to know why.

It's pretty apparent why... he (allegedly) attacked the cop, just like the 57 other bad guys who killed cops despite being "unarmed" in the past 14
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/14 4:29 PM
  • Number: 1957686
Surely, there has to be a point where it's wrong for a cop to shoot an unarmed person, don't you think?

Sure there is, when they aren't posing a threat. But guess what? THAT APPLIES TO ARMED PEOPLE TOO! An armed person posing no
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/14 4:12 PM
  • Number: 1957679
But, it's very relevant if the person is armed or not.

No, it's not. More people are killed with "personal weapons" (hands, fist, feet) in the US in any given year than by all types of rifles combined. It's ones ACTIONS
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/14 4:06 PM
  • Number: 1957677
  • Recommendations: 1
Yeah, much better to laugh at the idea that Islamofascists could ever possibly launch an attack on American soil. I mean when has that ever happened?!? Oh, other than the Ft. Hood shooting. Or 9/11. Or the first World Trade Center bombing. Or the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/14 12:00 PM
  • Number: 1957562
So, that pretty much flushes the "need a gun for self-defense" argument down the crapper.

Not particularly, considering that there have been anywhere from 1.4 million (using Clinton-era DOJ estimates) to 28 million (using
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/14 11:17 AM
  • Number: 741666
  • Recommendations: 2
When people point out more people are killed in Chicago than anywhere else in the country Rahm is quick to point out that they rank 21st in per-capital murders and their numbers are down from 2010 and 2013. As they say there are lies, damn lies and
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z