Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Goofyhoofy

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/26/16 2:26 PM
  • Number: 2098548
  • Recommendations: 4
No, the government doesn't defend your rights. The government is the gravest threat TO your rights.

OK. How were your rights under King George, when he decided to put troops in your house?

What was the state of your
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/16 10:54 PM
  • Number: 133430
  • Recommendations: 3
Caulk between a tub and the wall. Different materials have different expansion rates. A tub and a wall tile are the very definition of "different", and they go through extreme temperature cycles every morning.

You are more likely
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/16 7:23 PM
  • Number: 502733
  • Recommendations: 2
This estimate is conservative in that it assumes stable oil prices.

This passage does not prove what you think it proves.

Hint: what happened to oil prices in the 1980's? Were they stable? Well, no, they fell by
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/16 7:10 PM
  • Number: 478013
  • Recommendations: 1
Was the meme the protestant reformation (1517 on)? There were no protestant churches before that. Perhaps what you're looking at is the change away from Catholic iconography.

Well that was certainly part of it, but there was
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/16 5:46 PM
  • Number: 478008
  • Recommendations: 5
So I was walking around the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston a couple days ago, and it was not a surprise that much of the iconography from the 12th to the 17th (and beyond!) centuries was religious in nature. After all the church had the money and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/16 5:28 PM
  • Number: 502726
  • Recommendations: 7
Other economists like Krugman...
...have a political axe to grind.

Actually, you are the one grinding the political axe. If you don't already know it, please take a moment for reflection.

Krugman has been
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/16 12:48 PM
  • Number: 133425
  • Recommendations: 4
I'm looking to hire a roofer to redo the roof on a house we're going to sell. Any recommendations?

Yeah. If the roof needs to be repaired, repair it. If it doesn't need to be repaired, don't repair
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/23/16 8:13 PM
  • Number: 86898
  • Recommendations: 21
PS. Seattle Pioneers *and* ArmedInfidels are RAPISTS! As a group, they're incredibly violent people. That doesn't mean any given SeattlePioneer or ArmedInfidel is violent and dangerous, however, it does explain why peoplle aren't
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/23/16 10:50 AM
  • Number: 477911
  • Recommendations: 2
In your "town meeting", if everyone is standing there glaring at you will you vote against them? Well YOU might. I might. Most people likely won't.

Another excellent argument against caucuses for the Presidential
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/22/16 5:23 PM
  • Number: 502592
  • Recommendations: 8
There were also a lot of people that had replied as if the IPO was the only time a company was selling stock.

OK, I think we all agree that secondary markets are a good thing, usually.*

But the conceit was that by buying
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z