Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Goofyhoofy

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/23/15 8:04 AM
  • Number: 205084
  • Recommendations: 0
While that was no doubt true 50 years ago, don't you think technology has produced some better, more interactive mediums for learning and exposure to new ideas? I don't think a kid today is missing out on anything by not having a TV in the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 9:49 PM
  • Number: 62433
  • Recommendations: 3
I don't think so.
I mean, I think the cost would certainly rise from one feet to two feet. But at some point, the cost from sea level rise reaches a peak and then falls - because once you've completely lost a coastal city (like Miami), you

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 8:57 PM
  • Number: 69352
  • Recommendations: 2
I like the Chinese "middle" philosophy which is exactly how I feel about politics and religion. It doesn't have to be all right or all wrong.

Very often it does. An atheist and a Roman Catholic debating the existence of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 10:03 AM
  • Number: 77549
  • Recommendations: 1
But some managers seem to think tension is necessary to keep people productive.

I had a boss who thought sales goals should be "just too high to reach". He had a low view of sales people thinking that if they reached their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 9:53 AM
  • Number: 205081
  • Recommendations: 7
and TVs can be a distraction from life.

I am 68 and started watching television from the moment it came into the house. The screen was the size of a dinner plate, and the antenna was in the attic on an electric rotor, which you had
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 9:29 AM
  • Number: 130453
  • Recommendations: 6
A few weeks ago I walked into the workshop and waded through water 1/4" deep. I saw water dripping from the ceiling, near where the waterlines enter and exit the hot water heater, so I naturally looked all around there for a leak. No
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/21/15 8:29 PM
  • Number: 473342
  • Recommendations: 3
So the personal information they have now must be only be from people who bought cell phones or extended warranties as the old mailing list info would now be years out of date.

If you returned anything you were still required to give
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/20/15 6:28 PM
  • Number: 130445
  • Recommendations: 1
So tell me I'm not the only one who after getting a room painted, in <24 hours wnat to get it re-done.

We had the entire interior redone a couple years ago. (The exterior, too, but that's another story.) They started in the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/20/15 9:48 AM
  • Number: 217013
  • Recommendations: 15
Timely!

Low U.S. Rail Spending Leads to Poor Safety, Experts Say

PARIS Across Europe and East Asia, hundreds of millions of train passengers a year are routinely whisked, at speeds that often exceed 200 miles an hour,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/19/15 4:56 PM
  • Number: 2000200
  • Recommendations: 4
Really? How would you approach a stranger, who may have done wrong AND protect yourself from possible danger.

To a police officer on patrol, or even just running a radar gun on a highway nearly everyone is a stranger. If you
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z