Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By brucedoe

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/30/17 5:18 PM
  • Number: 514624
  • Recommendations: 0
While I feel that the global warming threat will not be an existential threat, it certainly will be disrptive, particularly from sea level rise. a meter rise in sea level will take half of Banladeshnot in a day, of course, but there will either
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/17 9:17 PM
  • Number: 514361
  • Recommendations: 0
I thought Radio Shack went out of business years ago. I'm surprised they are still in business. There is no Radio Shack in any of the towns near me. No Shake Shack either, but that is another story.

brucedoe
  • Date: 3/23/17 1:40 PM
  • Number: 514348
  • Recommendations: 3
I don't follow UPS but they do a brisk business in packaging for people. They do a lot of things beside shipping. I have used it only once. They also sell cartons in various sizes. I've bought some of these when moving. They do a pretty
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/17 1:22 PM
  • Number: 82112
  • Recommendations: 2
The first REIT was American Realty Trust founded by Thomas J. Boyhill, cousin of Virginia U.S. Congressmen Joel Broyhill in 1961[9] who pushed for the creation under Eisenhower. in 1960 (Continued...)
  • Date: 3/18/17 2:59 PM
  • Number: 10158
  • Recommendations: 1
I really have no dog in the fight over GE and DUK. I do own DUK though in $50/quart, and DRIP it. I think GE is a good company but do not now own its stock. I will note however that if GE increases its dividend by 15%/yr and DUK stays flat, it
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/17/17 12:50 PM
  • Number: 10152
  • Recommendations: 3
Goofy

You might have mentioned Greenspan's comment that he was afraid we would pay down the debt too fast.

By the way the real estate fiasco was the primary cause of the financcial Armageddon. Remember bunding of bad loans
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/17/17 12:41 PM
  • Number: 514079
  • Recommendations: 2
I watch Public Television all the time, most often the Evening News Hour. They used to have some good shows on late (Summertime Murders, DCI Banks, You Must Remember This, and the Coroner's Court, but they have all disappeared). Incidentally
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/17/17 12:20 PM
  • Number: 82072
  • Recommendations: 6
Incidentally, I'm with Missouri on ARE. I had some and took m,y profits and was going to buy back in when it dropped below $100/sh too, but I got tered of waiting and bought other things. I'm 85 and don't have a lot of money on the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/17/17 12:12 PM
  • Number: 82071
  • Recommendations: 7
Well, I'm keen on VTR. Probably the safest REIT is PSA (because all their funding is through issuing preferred stocks) and PSB is not far behind. Although I don't own any PSA common stock, I do have a couple of their preferreds (PSA-W that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/15/17 3:09 PM
  • Number: 513965
  • Recommendations: 5
Willi

Because global warming is not a social issue. It is an existential problem

I think the word "existential" may be a bit overdoing it. Certainly global warming will take a lot of adjusting (especially from
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z