Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By brucedoe

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/22/15 1:53 PM
  • Number: 191475
  • Recommendations: 0
How odd. Wendy says she has 83 processes working. I just checked my Task Manager and have 83 files working though I suspect that some of mine are different from hers.

brucedoe
  • Date: 4/22/15 1:43 PM
  • Number: 191474
  • Recommendations: 0
Many people love Word Perfect and will only leave it when you pry it from their cold, dead hands. ptheland

Though Microsoft copied WP as closely as they could, they did not do a complete hob of it and Word does not have such a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/15 1:30 PM
  • Number: 471736
  • Recommendations: 3
steve203

Ah, the Glomar Explorer caper. I remember it well. The cover story was that it would do deep sea mining of manganese nodules and put all the land-based metal mining operations out of business. I was one of the geologist working
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/15 12:56 PM
  • Number: 471732
  • Recommendations: 4
Qaz

Today we are on the cusp of harnessing more energy more cheaply than ever before in the history of mankind.

I'm not sure this is correct. I think that shale oil, for example, is very expensive to produce and is only
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/15 12:49 PM
  • Number: 471729
  • Recommendations: 2
Goofy

I no longer own individual pharma stocks. These guys are always be sued and are suing others which makes me nervous. Also they have patents on blockbuster drugs running out now and then. Though you could be making good money on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/15 12:35 PM
  • Number: 471728
  • Recommendations: 5
Eddie

Please excuse me, I respectfully find your post to be a little over-alarming. The P/E of the DJIA at 16.34 is a bit high but the dividend at $2.27 is actually 11 cents higher than a year ago ($2.16). The P/E of the S&P 500 is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/21/15 11:03 AM
  • Number: 471663
david fb

Money is worth people say it is. There was the Great French Money Fiat Policy of 1790 in which France nationalized church industrial properties and conservatively issued money callable on these properties. They said they would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/20/15 5:40 PM
  • Number: 471627
  • Recommendations: 5
bjchip

Actually, economics has become very mathematical. A long time ago, in my arrogance, I took an advantaced economics course called the business cycle without ever having taken an introductory course and it was like stepping into
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/20/15 1:52 PM
  • Number: 471609
Goofy

Yes, Mississippi is a Federal protectorate, but don't forget Alaska, home of the rugged individualist that gets more Federal aid per capita than any other state.

brucedoe
  • Date: 4/16/15 4:30 PM
  • Number: 471388
  • Recommendations: 1
steve203

While the Castro regime may have never invaded anyone, they have done some dangerous things like the Cuban missile crisis. And they did support partitipation in things the Soviet Union wanted them to do.

Jimmy Carter was
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z