Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By brucedoe

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/20/14 12:06 PM
  • Number: 121571
  • Recommendations: 1
Ira

To take out a quarterly distribution after death is not so easy to do. When my wife died and I supplied Schwab with a death certificate, they froze the account and I couldn't do anything. I guess the thing to do is to take the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/19/14 10:46 AM
  • Number: 77700
Danaher is a good one. I've often been tempted to buy some of their stock, but I believe I never have.

brucedoe
  • Date: 12/18/14 11:07 AM
  • Number: 464891
  • Recommendations: 2
yoda

Regarding lower oil prices, their comment was something along the line of “if this goes on for two years or longer, it will become a problem.” Not that it is a problem today.

This seems to be a true statement as Russia
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/18/14 11:03 AM
  • Number: 464890
Goofy

It depends on who you are in the company. My wife was a secretary in the Westinghouse loyying office and there were those that routinely cheated on their expense accounts. Nothing was ever done to them while my wife worked there.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/18/14 10:53 AM
  • Number: 77696
  • Recommendations: 0
If you already own a home, you can take out up to $100,000 for a home improvement. So far as I know, they never check to see if that is what you borrowed the money for.

Personally, I don't borrow money to buy stocks or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/18/14 10:50 AM
  • Number: 77695
  • Recommendations: 3
gtw999

Longer term, what could break the lethargy in the animal spirits of those who might borrow for productive use would be real growth in the US and world economies,...

To be productive, you have to buy IPO's or new
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/15/14 12:06 PM
  • Number: 464684
  • Recommendations: 2
So relatively high paid oil field workers are being laid off. But the public now has more money to spend because of markedly lower gasoline prices. So the oil field worker loss may be replaced by lower paid retail workers. Not a particularly good
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/15/14 12:00 PM
  • Number: 464683
  • Recommendations: 3
Goofy

Of course there are "orphan drugs" (apply to maybe perhaps only hundreds of people)* that often turn out to have applications beyond the initial intent and become very profitable.**

* (Continued...)
  • Date: 12/15/14 11:42 AM
  • Number: 77682
  • Recommendations: 4
fb

Well, I have been buying a falling knife and keep buying more CORR as it drops thinking it is at a "final" low, but I will not sell.

I have sold my other infrastructure stocks, however, like Willams (WMB) and Kansas
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/15/14 11:24 AM
  • Number: 77681
  • Recommendations: 10
yoda

I'm not sure how you classify Lehman Brios., but they were big enough that letting them go into Chapter 7 seemed to precipitate Armageddon in the stock market in 2008-2009. I took all the biggest losses of my 60 yr investing career in
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z