Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By brucedoe

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/5/15 10:05 AM
  • Number: 78057
  • Recommendations: 0
Actually I thought KIM's Mexico venture was very interesting. Instead of strip malls, they had covered mall in a strip motif with air conditioning. It seems like they got crowds all right, but maybe no buyers, though I think they had a movie
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/25/15 1:06 PM
  • Number: 191108
Thank you Rip and Jean.

I wasted some time last night trying to do this and failed so I appreciate the detailed comments.

brucedoe
  • Date: 2/23/15 3:11 PM
  • Number: 468604
  • Recommendations: 3
I think you should become a citizen of the country in which you live long-term. In the case of the London mayor cited. of course he should renounce his American citizenship. He has no intention of becoming an American.

I knew some
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/23/15 2:55 PM
  • Number: 191096
  • Recommendations: 1
I use a DELL DIMENSION C521 desktop computer, currently with 2.5 GB of RAM in three (2 1GB chips and 1 512MB chip) of the four slots. My operating system is Windows 7 and the current RAM seems marginal so I want to upgrade to 4 MB (the max
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/17/15 11:43 AM
  • Number: 468201
  • Recommendations: 22
I really can't believe that the global economy hangs on Greeks behaving as the media would have us believe.

I don't see why Greece can't remain in the Euro countries as a dependency. After all we have such dependencies in the U.S. and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/12/15 3:52 PM
  • Number: 467996
  • Recommendations: 1
I agree with the article because I know of no case where a company with level or falling earnings has increased its stock value through stock buybacks. However, I do know of an article that has analyzed comapnies doing buybacks and says that their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/12/15 3:35 PM
  • Number: 467990
I still have a stock certificate for D (Dominion Resources) for the original 15 sh purchased about 3 decades ago. In the meantime, much has happened and the total value of my holding in D are substantial with the original shares being just a drop
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/12/15 3:16 PM
  • Number: 77940
  • Recommendations: 2
Because I am heavily into Vanguard Health Care Fund, I have only one health care REIT and that is VTR. I am very happy with it and it is my largest stock holding.

brucedoe
  • Date: 2/12/15 3:12 PM
  • Number: 8964
  • Recommendations: 5
Though my late wife and I owned a lot of SO for several decades, we sold out when we had to come up with money to move to our continuing care facility so my knowledge is more than 2 yrs old. But as I recall, SO was heavily invested in coal fired
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/3/15 10:49 AM
  • Number: 467569
  • Recommendations: 5
I published a short primer on buying preferred stocks at: http://stopcontinentaldrift.blogspot.com/2011/11/preferred-s.... As to comments on my holdings
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z