Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By brucedoe

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/25/16 11:44 AM
  • Number: 80313
  • Recommendations: 0
The only cyclical stock I deal with is EMR. I sold out early in the week for a small profit. I've had two round trips this year so far with a small profit both times. I read a report that said their orders were down so I bailed. On Friday
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/25/16 11:19 AM
  • Number: 80311
  • Recommendations: 3
I think Friday was not all that bad (http://boards.fool.com/now-that-wasn39t-so-bad-was-it-322938...)

In addition to my ARE, VTR and SKT going up on Friday, I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/25/16 11:01 AM
  • Number: 499113
  • Recommendations: 5
For the week, the DJIA was down 1.5%, not good but not so bad.

In addition I had a number of stocks go UP on Friday: My REITs - ARE, VTR, and SKT all went up and all hit 52 week highs during the week. Usinfg figures from Barron's, the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/16 11:05 AM
  • Number: 498978
  • Recommendations: 2
A society built on ownership is inherently more stable than one that is not.

Property also gives the people something to lose that is also stabilizing.

brucedoe
  • Date: 6/24/16 11:03 AM
  • Number: 498977
Goofy

I think the GPS is really good enough, but the part available to civilians is degraded to make it less useful to terrorists. As time has gone on, the accuracy of GPS allowed to civilians increases and could be made within inches. It
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/16 10:54 AM
  • Number: 80303
  • Recommendations: 12
I always read you posts and usually agree with or am educated with them. You certainly gave me a lot of pleasure today.

brucedoe
  • Date: 6/20/16 6:38 PM
  • Number: 498605
I grew up in St. Paul, MN, which was nearly 50% Roman Catholic at the time. As I used to walk home from school as a Protestant, the Parochial school kids up on top of a small hill used to shout, "All crooks are Protestants." I was
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/15/16 12:48 PM
  • Number: 498303
tim443

I think all those natural hazards result in a very vital society. Japan is another case that has every reason not to be a success but has become one of the world's economic leaders. they also have volcanoes, earthquakes, and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/15/16 12:37 PM
  • Number: 80262
  • Recommendations: 35
In 1972, I had an investment adviser who got me to invest using margin. I had an uncle and great uncle who did that and seemed to do quite well so I thought why not. His first choice did spectacularly well which misled me. The result was that in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/9/16 11:14 AM
  • Number: 9545
REITs are good in a tax protected prtfolio because their dividends are not qualified thus you have to pay income tax on their dividends every year. Of course you do end up paying tax when you withdraw the money from the tax protected
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z