Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By JamesBrown

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/30/15 10:02 AM
  • Number: 70722
  • Recommendations: 34
SP asks: Will NBC be going after Al Sharpton too, who has done as much to fan race hatred in the United States than pretty much anyone else?

I dunno. Is Al Sharpton running for president? Does NBC have business ties with Al Sharpton?
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/30/15 9:06 AM
  • Number: 453805
  • Recommendations: 10
One of my favorite authors, John Scalzi, writes about last week's Supreme Court decision regarding same-sex marriage. He highlights Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who announced that county clerks may defy the US Supreme Court and not issue
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/28/15 10:00 AM
  • Number: 71701
  • Recommendations: 3
Figured it out.

First, yes, the vehicle comes with 5-day Take-Back guarantee, plus a 30-day warranty during which they'll fix most stuff. But as I eluded, with my two jobs, it would have been several days before I could get it to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/15 6:14 PM
  • Number: 71695
  • Recommendations: 0
Looking for help with an issue. Last night I bought a 2008 Hyundai Sonata at Carmax. Drove it home with no issues.

Today, starting around noon, the car alarm started blaring in my driveway. I had to scramble around the house to find my key
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/25/15 1:03 PM
  • Number: 63628
  • Recommendations: 1
The look on their faces at the end of the movie is very telling.

"Hooray! We've followed our dreams and broke away from the stifling cage that our society has erected around us...

...now what?"
  • Date: 6/23/15 9:55 AM
  • Number: 453592
  • Recommendations: 4
Do you really think that is funny?

Do the recs mean the reader think it's funny, too?

Well, I for one don't think it's funny!

I think it's satire. As most Onion articles are.
  • Date: 6/22/15 4:19 PM
  • Number: 453561
  • Recommendations: 7
Bon!

As a deconvert, thanks in large part to the members of this board, let me say that I totally get the mixed emotions. In my case, the 'desire for faith' has faded over time, but of course YMMV.

For me the biggest issue was
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/9/15 4:27 PM
  • Number: 453019
1poorguy: I read once that the US is really good at producing independent kids.

It really does seem to almost a problem of our own making. You raise your kids to be strong, self-reliant, independent thinkers. Then when they're old
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/9/15 11:25 AM
  • Number: 69919
Here's their summary of a new study that looks at the 50 biggest gougers, which charge uninsured patients more than ten times the actual cost of care:

I guess I don't understand their incentive. Why would charging the people least
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/6/15 7:34 AM
  • Number: 170418
  • Recommendations: 1
False equivalence. 'Black thugs' have not sworn an oath to protect and serve their communities.

warrl: "The thing I don't care about doesn't count"

I didn't say I don't care about black-on-black
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z