Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By JamesBrown

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/19/14 7:27 PM
  • Number: 60102
  • Recommendations: 40
The GOP likes to claim it makes people lazy, but it doesn't according to a new study.

It's certainly an interesting claim. If we give financial assistance to the wealthy, they'll become more productive, and everyone wins. If we give
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/19/14 6:39 PM
  • Number: 196090
  • Recommendations: 5
How about Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul? They are all five correspondents. In Luke's and Paul's cases, we know that they interviewed eyewitnesses.

Except they failed to name the eyewitnesses, so we have no idea of their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/19/14 10:50 AM
  • Number: 3952
  • Recommendations: 0
I agree with Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn. If you can make it through the first 200 pages--when things begin to actually move--then you're probably going to enjoy the whole thing.

However, I couldn't finish the Chronicles of Thomas
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/19/14 10:33 AM
  • Number: 442424
  • Recommendations: 2
...in this case, Satanists.

"Preach the controversy!"

Or maybe I'm quoting that wrong. The guy I heard that from was red in the face and screaming at me.
  • Date: 9/17/14 9:25 AM
  • Number: 75784
intercst writes:

Loads of stories about trust funds being ravaged by a rapacious bank or financial advisor charging outrageous fees.

Depressing but true. The biggest risk in any investment is probably the human factor.
  • Date: 9/17/14 9:22 AM
  • Number: 75783
JimKreduk writes:

I would think that a roth ira and committed training of the next generation in continuing that practice is paramount

My understanding is that if I contribute to a Roth IRA then I have to start taking
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/17/14 9:17 AM
  • Number: 196049
Violence begets violence.

Don't do it.

Reminds me of the woman who saw her child punch another kid on the playground. She marched right over, smacked her son in the face, and shouted, "We don't hit people!"
  • Date: 9/17/14 8:20 AM
  • Number: 25044
  • Recommendations: 1
Jerry Coyne chuckles at a white board filled with very impressive-looking scientific equations on a whiteboard filmed at the Institution for Creation Research. Also, Elton John song titles.

For science!

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/16/14 10:45 PM
  • Number: 75778
This is one of those, "Is this even possible?" questions.

I'm envisioning beginning what I'm calling a Legacy Fund. The idea is for me to set aside a few dollars a month into a basket of low-cost diversified index funds, or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/16/14 5:20 PM
  • Number: 3920
  • Recommendations: 1
As mentioned, Wheel of Time got stretched out too far. Luckily Brandon Sanderson brought the series to a satisfying conclusion. It's just too bad that Robert Jordan had to die in order for it to happen. If not for that tragic event, who knows how
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z