Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By JamesBrown

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/1/15 11:27 AM
  • Number: 63525
  • Recommendations: 1
The previous thread prompts the question, what remakes would you consider better than the original?

I'm tempted to say that the Coen brother's True Grit fits the bill, but I've never seen the original so I can't honestly say.

It
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/1/15 12:16 AM
  • Number: 451526
  • Recommendations: 3
CNC: Were they aware of one another's gospel, or were they both aware of Mark's?

I mis-spoke. It's clear they were both aware of Mark--entire passages are copied verbatim--but they also have passages in common that are not found in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/30/15 5:06 PM
  • Number: 451519
if there was no Jesus person then why contrive an elaborate "census" to place Jesus in Bethlehem when his birthplace apparently was Nazarene (or is it the other way 'round...in any event, they bent over backwards to try to make Jesus
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/29/15 3:55 PM
  • Number: 68436
I have the opposite problem. Store employees are too helpful.

It's a problem for any retail environment, and I speak as both a shopper and a retail employee. In my bookstore, customers walk in the front door, and I have learned to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/29/15 3:38 PM
  • Number: 63520
Spoiler answer for AOLFoolman

How did the robot leave on the helicopter? I don't remember whether it was the same pilot that dropped the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/29/15 9:51 AM
  • Number: 63518
AOLFoolman writes: Highly, highly recommended.

Saw this last night, and I agree. Very cerebral SF, for those whose tastes run more towards Kubrick rather than Abrams.
  • Date: 4/20/15 2:21 PM
  • Number: 1996633
  • Recommendations: 0
If the U.S. is a Christian nation, then why is it illegal to feed the homeless in more than 30 American cities?

The answer depends upon your definition of Chri$tian.
  • Date: 4/14/15 10:07 AM
  • Number: 1995755
  • Recommendations: 2
When she suggests that she's the solution to the political divisiveness that's nearly paralyzed the country for the last six years it makes me want to laugh. Who could possibly be more polarizing and hated by wingnuts than Hillary
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/12/15 10:41 PM
  • Number: 67739
  • Recommendations: 60
telegraph writes: And she is OLD, ....face it.....an old senior citizen collecting SS...or soon will be.....

Is that why you didn't vote for John McCain and Ronald Reagan? They were too old, too close to retirement?

You
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/10/15 2:58 PM
  • Number: 67634
  • Recommendations: 22
telegraph explains: Sorry, CHillary Clinton is a 67, going on 68 year old wrinkled old crone. Birthday in Oct

Good to know that having wrinkles disqualifies one from being President.

What a relief we elected Obama over John
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z