Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By JamesBrown

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/9/18 3:09 PM
  • Number: 90763
  • Recommendations: 10
Umm said: I have discovered that some people do not mind being lied to. When it comes to politics, they will accept lies as long as the lies reinforce their already held worldview.

Reminded me of this that I read
  • Date: 2/28/18 7:57 AM
  • Number: 136850
  • Recommendations: 2
PSU: Another successful project.

I'm jealous. My attempt to replace a $100 kitchen faucet last weekend has now cost me $500 (two plumber visits) and the issue still isn't resolved.

My wife asked me when I'll be
  • Date: 2/27/18 8:34 AM
  • Number: 505610
  • Recommendations: 4
As Ed Brayton said,

"The only room Donald Trump would run into is the dressing room of the Miss Teen USA pageant."
  • Date: 2/26/18 7:58 AM
  • Number: 136833
  • Recommendations: 0
There's a scene in the Paul Newman movie "Mr. & Mrs. Bridge" (can't find it on youtube.)

Joanne Woodward starts to back her car out of her one-car garage. It rolls back a few feet, then dies. She can't get it
  • Date: 2/19/18 8:37 AM
  • Number: 389
  • Recommendations: 3
Nice, 8-minute video by a former JPL Engineer that answers, in simple language, if spending money on NASA is a waste.

This is a good response to those who think that, A) NASA gets about 20% of the U.S. Federal Government's budget and B)
  • Date: 2/11/18 4:17 PM
  • Number: 114066
  • Recommendations: 9
I've mentioned in the past Kevin Drum's theory of the link between the usage of leaded gasoline and criminal behaviors, and that argument has been pushed back against on this board. I'm far from an expert enough to respond to the
  • Date: 2/7/18 1:46 PM
  • Number: 113951
Question especially for intercst, or anyone else.

On another forum, I mentioned the Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) of Medicare compared to for-profit health insurance companies. I repeated intercst's claim that the MLR for private companies
  • Date: 2/5/18 4:37 PM
  • Number: 504914
  • Recommendations: 2
"FISA Memo: What you need to know...

This past week, the American people gained full public access to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligences memo regarding oversight of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).
  • Date: 2/5/18 8:34 AM
  • Number: 136727
Yesterday, I replaced the 60-watt light in my garage with a much brighter LED. The installation was the simple three-wire hookup, it took less than an hour, and the final result is fantastic. Clear, bright, energy-efficient light.

But I
  • Date: 2/3/18 10:56 PM
  • Number: 65152
  • Recommendations: 4
DJT has already killed re-watching Home Alone 2.

Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z