Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By gritton

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/12/17 10:41 AM
  • Number: 267135
  • Recommendations: 1
So will the new database run the old screens?

I'm afraid not. The demand was to stop with Voldemort's data, and that means anything that derives from it. The new database runs the new screens - at least most of the SI
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/11/17 11:11 AM
  • Number: 267125
  • Recommendations: 14
I'm running old URLs in backtester and not getting any CAGR or GSD. The sharpe ratio doesn't agree with what I've gotten before.

You must have missed the big backtesting event of last year. Lord Voldemort has reared up,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/2/17 11:09 AM
  • Number: 267028
  • Recommendations: 35
The Internet is full of surprises; we got a new one yesterday.

When Robbie first announced GTR1 was back up, it was working just fine. Then suddenly httpd processes were just sitting there soaking up the CPU and not doing anything. Among
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/30/17 12:32 PM
  • Number: 266994
  • Recommendations: 8
Question for Jamie: Is there a Paypal account or Patreon link where we could deposit a few dollars for some replacement/updated/improved hardware for the server? Perhaps a couple of new 4TB drives for example, or fund moving the site to SSDs for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/9/17 10:07 AM
  • Number: 266390
  • Recommendations: 6
Does anyone know on what date the bad data started?

The current problems came with the new look (that Ray had been virtually traveling the world to avoid). Before that there were also problems with splits, but usually they were only
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/8/17 10:59 AM
  • Number: 266384
  • Recommendations: 3
I download historical data for VNQ and IEF today and notice that Yahoo does not adjust price for dividend anymore.

It's worse than that: they royally screwed up splits. Take a look at (Continued...)
  • Date: 5/1/17 11:23 AM
  • Number: 266306
  • Recommendations: 10
Now, I assume that GTR1 and backtest.org always buy a whole number of shares and have a cash balance left over (because it's unlikely that the cash available is an exact multiple of the purchase
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/25/17 10:19 AM
  • Number: 266246
  • Recommendations: 3
Looks like the symbols have changed to UWT and DWT.

Sort of. Actually, UWT/DWT were started by a different issuer, immediately as UWTI/DWTI were closed. They're based on the same index, so they act as if they were the same fund
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/20/17 10:03 AM
  • Number: 266214
  • Recommendations: 8
Congrats on this system, Jamie. I have only been following on paper, but if I am implementing correctly, it has done very well.

Wow, it's been a while since I've brought that one up. Yes, it's done well, but it can be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/12/17 12:51 PM
  • Number: 265462
  • Recommendations: 23
Are there plans to create the other SP screens in Backtest.org?

There are. I've got the recipes for some of the missing screens and haven't put them in yet, and others I still need to
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z