Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By gritton

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/7/16 9:27 AM
  • Number: 263076
  • Recommendations: 1
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm may not quite techy enough to be sure I understand the response.
Is it: The old link will work. Just wait a while until the server is online again.

That's true. But the message is also
  • Date: 7/6/16 8:46 PM
  • Number: 263069
  • Recommendations: 8
I was able to use the Saucer link earlier today to get my screen picks for a couple of screens. I did not complete the work and want to get the rest. Now I am unable to get the link to open the
  • Date: 6/5/16 9:04 PM
  • Number: 262752
  • Recommendations: 8
The most recent MICon was in 2002 at the Las Vegas Embassy Suites and (if I remember correctly), lohill and his wife drove up from LA with a young rgearyiii, who first met gritton during the convention... the rest is
  • Date: 6/5/16 2:25 PM
  • Number: 262744
  • Recommendations: 0
This result is a bit of a surprise. First that the URL to the 'down' server worked...

That was an oversight. The "down" server is down again :-). Actually the non-GTR1 part had remained down, but there is work
  • Date: 6/4/16 12:36 AM
  • Number: 262721
  • Recommendations: 82
In a move that I can't call entirely unexpected, my backtester's presence has come to the awareness of a certain data vendor. You'd think it would be enough to suggest that I either cease or desist, but apparently lawyers feel
  • Date: 5/28/16 12:26 PM
  • Number: 262632
  • Recommendations: 11
I wondered as I saw it, how many of the 50+ people who rec'd the post understood that it was a self effacing joke.
All of them. I like to think we're both polite and subtle enough for that to be the
  • Date: 4/19/16 10:15 AM
  • Number: 262024
  • Recommendations: 0
My motto from my programming career:
"Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize.
Let no one's work evade your eyes."

Never let it be said that you don't have great taste in music.

- Jamie
  • Date: 2/17/16 11:59 AM
  • Number: 261307
  • Recommendations: 1
Have you ever considered that closing prices are almost completely bogus? The closing price of a stock is just the price at which the very last 100 shares traded for at the end of the day. So it totally depends on if the last guy who squeeked in
  • Date: 1/3/16 1:09 PM
  • Number: 260480
  • Recommendations: 15
I was checking a screen I held last year to see how our returns compared. I had used rebel2011's post to set my real money portfolio, top 3 of pih_cso_simple, treppe, hold 7 months, start in December.

• Date: 1/2/16 5:40 PM
  • Number: 260467
  • Recommendations: 69
2015 actually ended on Dec 28th on the calendar, but I waited until the new year to update the results (OK, truth be told, I waited until I was reminded that the "year" ended earlier than I
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z