Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By gritton

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/23/18 11:47 AM
  • Number: 271105
  • Recommendations: 3
Since 1950, each time the S&P was above 3% as of the start of summer, the full year was positive every time- all 35 times!

The relevant question isn't the performance of the full year, but of the rest of the year. Do
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/20/18 11:38 AM
  • Number: 270035
  • Recommendations: 4
It's been my assumption that most traders were entering market orders and Robinhood was profiting from a larger spread than, say, Schwab. But apparently they don't even offer market orders:

Look up "payment for order
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/6/18 11:08 AM
  • Number: 269862
  • Recommendations: 5
Assuming your logic is correct in setting up the criteria
for GTR1, then one of the backtesters is in error in:

- selection of the stock(s) for the month
&/or
- calculation of the stock(s) return for the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/12/17 10:41 AM
  • Number: 267135
  • Recommendations: 1
So will the new database run the old screens?

I'm afraid not. The demand was to stop with Voldemort's data, and that means anything that derives from it. The new database runs the new screens - at least most of the SI
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/11/17 11:11 AM
  • Number: 267125
  • Recommendations: 14
I'm running old URLs in backtester and not getting any CAGR or GSD. The sharpe ratio doesn't agree with what I've gotten before.

You must have missed the big backtesting event of last year. Lord Voldemort has reared up,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/2/17 11:09 AM
  • Number: 267028
  • Recommendations: 35
The Internet is full of surprises; we got a new one yesterday.

When Robbie first announced GTR1 was back up, it was working just fine. Then suddenly httpd processes were just sitting there soaking up the CPU and not doing anything. Among
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/30/17 12:32 PM
  • Number: 266994
  • Recommendations: 8
Question for Jamie: Is there a Paypal account or Patreon link where we could deposit a few dollars for some replacement/updated/improved hardware for the server? Perhaps a couple of new 4TB drives for example, or fund moving the site to SSDs for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/9/17 10:07 AM
  • Number: 266390
  • Recommendations: 6
Does anyone know on what date the bad data started?

The current problems came with the new look (that Ray had been virtually traveling the world to avoid). Before that there were also problems with splits, but usually they were only
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/8/17 10:59 AM
  • Number: 266384
  • Recommendations: 3
I download historical data for VNQ and IEF today and notice that Yahoo does not adjust price for dividend anymore.

It's worse than that: they royally screwed up splits. Take a look at (Continued...)
  • Date: 5/1/17 11:23 AM
  • Number: 266306
  • Recommendations: 10
Now, I assume that GTR1 and backtest.org always buy a whole number of shares and have a cash balance left over (because it's unlikely that the cash available is an exact multiple of the purchase
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z