• Date: 1/15/15 9:38 AM
  • Number: 446474
  • Recommendations: 0
Two-thirds of the way down the page.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0391346/quotes
  • Date: 1/15/15 1:52 AM
  • Number: 446466
I've pointed out that quote of hers to many friends.

My favorite of the entire series.
  • Date: 1/14/15 10:44 PM
  • Number: 446459
If a tolerant group stands on pure principle and tolerates any and all intolerant groups, the a violent intolerant religious group could wipe out the tolerant group.

It's the hateful and slur part that's neither my style nor
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/14/15 10:43 PM
  • Number: 446458
  • Recommendations: 1
If we're not allowed to hate ideas and actions that we think are harmful, or to denigrate them, then we have no freedom of speech.

That's not what I said, nor is it my point.

The over-the-top, finger-in-your-eye,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/14/15 7:19 PM
  • Number: 446449
  • Recommendations: 1
absent the equivalent protection against religious discrimination as racial discrimination in our society, I would possibly (probably?) face situations where the denigration of the Judaic belief system was absolutely grounded in ill-will,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/14/15 6:58 PM
  • Number: 446448
Religion is a choice. But so is having sex with someone of the same gender. That choice may be so bound up with your identity that it is crippling and cruel for anyone to ever suggest that you could decide not to do it.

I'm
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/14/15 5:37 PM
  • Number: 446438
But the behavior (unlike the orientation) is a choice, which I thought was the basis for the distinction you were drawing. It's not reasonable to point to the fact that a gay person could decide to stop engaging in any behaviors consistent with
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/14/15 4:32 PM
  • Number: 446431
A "slur" is not limited to a person by definition - a "slur" can be a derogatory statement about almost anything.

I had typed the word 'slur' into Google and the definition that came up indicated 'insinuation or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/14/15 1:08 PM
  • Number: 446410
  • Recommendations: 4
I guess I still don't see why you think that line should be drawn at racial slurs and not religious slurs - that it's okay to denigrate Jews for being Jewish, but not blacks for being black, because Jews can always choose not to be Jewish
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/14/15 12:25 PM
  • Number: 446399
...the latter is hurtful but the former is not? "I'm not against Jews, I just think that no one should engage in practicing Judaism"? I'm not sure I think that I find your distinction persuasive. That said, it's certainly not all that
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z