Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By telegraph

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/24/15 1:08 PM
  • Number: 2000615
  • Recommendations: 0
""With a 'progressive' income tax that ratchets up as your income ratchets up, the 'high income earners' pay most of the taxes."

- - -

Since they make most of the income, they should pay most of the taxes. Do you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/15 11:21 AM
  • Number: 778125
  • Recommendations: 1
"I sometimes have to wonder how much is enough?"

Obama knows. ANd he wants all that 'excess'...to redistribute. Somoe people have too much. But not his buddies the Clintons or the Gates or Warren Buffet or the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/15 10:20 AM
  • Number: 778117
"Today in History:

In 844, Samuel F.B. Morse transmitted this message from Washington to Baltimore as he formally opened America's first telegraph line. "

Make that 1844....... they didn't have the telegraph back
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/15 8:13 PM
  • Number: 778086
the thread started about about someone's *** whine about how " the rich" use tax free bonds to 'not pay taxes'. That argument was blown to smithereens. These days, you'd be losing 1/2% a year owning munis over taxable treasuries.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/15 8:07 PM
  • Number: 778085
2828:"A few million to me would be around $80,000 a year assuming holding stocks like Johnson & Johnson with a 4% or so yield, then you add in SS, a paid for house, and a teachers pension and i'd consider myself rich.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/15 6:10 PM
  • Number: 778071
cello:"""They have a few million. That's not incredibly wealthy to me, though obviously there are some people who would find that incredibly wealthy.
-----------------------------------
2828: I find that incredibly wealthy
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/15 6:03 PM
  • Number: 778070
" I guess I did not make clear that I was talking about incredibly wealthy people being able to invest in tax-free bonds, and that the 0bamas are not incredibly wealthy. They have a few million. That's not incredibly wealthy to me, though
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/15 4:54 PM
  • Number: 778065
"They're not that wealthy, but I note that incredibly wealthy people can put all of their money in tax free bonds and not even pay taxes. They lose buying power every year, but if you're worth billions, who cares?"

Duh!
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/15 4:32 PM
  • Number: 778062
  • Recommendations: 2
As the Prez, he really can't invest much in stocks. That would be a 'conflict of interest'....so...most high level politicians won't be buying individual stocks.

Obama will likely get $100,000 a speech as ex Pres.

Obama will
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/15 4:24 PM
  • Number: 2000555
the main gist about 'income inequality' is that the 'purple' states have NO state income taxes - if not all listed - or very low.

That means, of course, that states have to collect roughly the same amount of money via real estate and sales
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z