Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/31/14 4:35 PM
  • Number: 990
  • Recommendations: 2
Greetings,

Given the number of companies I cover in Pro and Options, and the portfolio and positions we have that should always be managed in a timely fashion, I'm trying again to shorten how long it takes to post updated thoughts each
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/31/14 4:20 PM
  • Number: 85
  • Recommendations: 1
Greetings, Options members,

Summary: Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) reported strong third-quarter results, with revenue up 59%, ad revenue up 64%, and operating costs only up 41%. The company's 3-year plan remains to grow value
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/31/14 4:16 PM
  • Number: 989
  • Recommendations: 3
Greetings, Pro members,

Summary: Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) reported strong third-quarter results, with revenue up 59%, ad revenue up 64%, and operating costs only up 41%. The company's 3-year plan remains to grow value for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/31/14 1:56 PM
  • Number: 1425
  • Recommendations: 4
Hi Karen,

Tupperware has 3 million sales reps around the world, most in international markets. About 70% of sales now come from emerging markets, which have typically been growing revenue 10%+ for Tupperware year-over-year (and are expected
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/31/14 1:24 PM
  • Number: 2691
Volatility is high on the shares, so the covered calls continue to pay well (perhaps even better than before in relation to how far out-of-the-money they are compared to before).

We would expect AFSI to slowly go higher over the years as
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/31/14 12:23 PM
  • Number: 2687
  • Recommendations: 3
Yes, part 2 of the Gotham piece was just published. They plan several parts. And they're doing this during the quiet period when AFSI can't really speak, since they announce earnings next week.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/31/14 10:59 AM
  • Number: 1577
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi Tom,

It's simply a question of portfolio exposure. Do you want to increase your net exposure again, by removing the at-the-money puts? Or do you want to keep the insurance in place?

For now, we'll stand pat. The value of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/31/14 9:40 AM
  • Number: 192
  • Recommendations: 7
Greetings,

Stockholders are of course the last in line. So if bondholders are making any concessions, it's almost impossible that stock holders would come out better. In a bankruptcy, there's usually nothing left for stock holders. In a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/30/14 1:52 PM
  • Number: 11540
Hi Charlie,

Lon is right -- and explains it well!

To say it in more ways:

Writing puts on a stock you own increases your potential exposure to the stock. If it falls, youíll have to buy more DIS.

Thatís why itís
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/29/14 11:28 PM
  • Number: 17494
  • Recommendations: 11
Hi Fools,

Just an update on where we are, and what I'm working on. We're all working on earnings coverage of our respective companies. For me, the list includes:

KO, TUP, VMI, FB, GILD, ORLY so far...

I'm making progress
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z