Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/19/17 6:03 PM
  • Number: 1511
  • Recommendations: 1
P.S. Just want to be very clear that in my original post on Friday where I said we would be closing our position before the ex-dividend date, I was thinking we had a diagonal call at that moment (can't explain why!). We of course have a covered
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/19/17 11:11 AM
  • Number: 1502
  • Recommendations: 6
Greetings,

Since we have a covered call, we needn't do anything but let our shares get called away (I'll keep an eye out for better potential trades, but I really, strongly doubt that we'll see a roll we'll like enough to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/19/17 11:04 AM
  • Number: 1501
P.S. Right now, rolling from Nov. $34 to Jan. 18 or Jan. 19 $40 doesn't offer really any additional upside that I can see, splitting the bid/ask... In other words, I don't see any rolls I would do right now.
  • Date: 6/19/17 10:53 AM
  • Number: 1500
Hi Fools,

Yes, it's those with a diagonal call who need to roll or close before the June 28th ex-dividend date, to avoid being short shares and having to pay the dividend. That's important, obviously.

Those with the stock
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/16/17 1:09 PM
  • Number: 230
  • Recommendations: 8
I like it. On initial thought, I like it.

There's a lot of promise here for Amazon to exploit. And what better way to get bigger in food than to buy one of the best brands...

Best,

Jeff

P.S. And it's a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/16/17 12:22 PM
  • Number: 1482
  • Recommendations: 2
Hi HH,

If I saw this correctly, ex-div is coming up on June 28. (There would be another one in Sep that's still before the envisioned closing in Nov.)
With the Nov calls trading pretty close to the time value being around one

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/16/17 12:19 PM
  • Number: 1481
  • Recommendations: 16
Greetings, and smile!

For those in this position a long time, like us, this ending is satisfactory. For those who just started covered calls on WFM, you've earned the full potential profit. There shouldn't be any regrets here as
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/9/17 10:43 PM
  • Number: 4488
  • Recommendations: 5
BTW, Luis, that article has serious implications. Don't work more than an hour on your vacation? Even one hour a day can wipe out many good memories? I don't doubt it, thinking about it.

I mean, as we all know, when you do check
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/9/17 10:36 PM
  • Number: 4487
  • Recommendations: 3
Thank you, Luis! I appreciate that! And it's great advice for all...

And Darrell is also right. The market does seem to tank when I go away on more telegraphed or more substantial trips. I have even slipped away without telling anyone
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/9/17 9:39 PM
  • Number: 4957
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi Bike1941,

I can speak to Alphabet: That spread is well on its way to earning the full profit. It'll be closed -- with an alert -- when the time value is gone from it. It sill has some time value, surprisingly. So, probably late this
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z