Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/26/15 1:54 PM
  • Number: 3044
  • Recommendations: 2
That's a good question, fullofcarp. I asked Billy if he had a notion as to why Wells Fargo would sell this car warranty business. Probably it's just not core, nor even close to that, to Well's future. $152 million is of course quite small for Wells.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/15 9:13 AM
  • Number: 3042
  • Recommendations: 9
Greetings,

This happened recently, and I don't think we noted it here yet. AmTrust has bought a Wells Fargo vehicle services contract (warranty) business line for $152 million in cash (putting recent cash raised to good use, it would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 7:56 PM
  • Number: 704
  • Recommendations: 3
If you wish to know much more about any public business, remember sec.gov has all the filings. Go there, enter the ticker, and get to the 10-K for the annual.

Here is OTEX. Just reading pages 3-9, about the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 7:47 PM
  • Number: 703
Do Open Text, Synchronoss Tech & Sierra Wireless compete for the same customers?

From the 10-K filing, here's the skinny (OTEX is the largest independent provider of EIM solutions):

Competition

The market
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 4:22 PM
  • Number: 4
  • Recommendations: 4
Hey Tim,

The Fool's email system hit a snag, so the alert was delayed in limbo. No special strategy or purpose on our part. That said, I would not go into this trade lightly, and so I'm glad it went this way. Members should look over their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 3:33 PM
  • Number: 549
  • Recommendations: 10
Greetings,

All right. I'm running low on fuel and going to reduce altitude and land soon. This weekend I hope to go through a few more earnings reports (my last few for now). Before then, some thoughts on AAL. I do believe that this week's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 3:07 PM
  • Number: 770
  • Recommendations: 1
Hey Paul,

I voted for OTEX. Software is something I've known a long time, and I still believe in OTEX even if recent results are struggling. They should be able to get back on the horse as long as they're not losing market share (and I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 2:42 PM
  • Number: 767
I don't know about that statement regarding airlines!

Southwest (LUV) is up 56,000% since 1977, while the S&P is up 2,100%.

It's up 147% the last 10 years, while the S&P is up 84%.

LUV is worth $25 billion and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 2:32 PM
  • Number: 968
Hi bill,

Revenue is holding steady or growing when you take out currency, despite a challenging environment. Some sales have taken longer to close as companies decide between cloud or on premise, and as Europe struggles and deals are pushed
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/22/15 2:29 PM
  • Number: 967
Hey SoloFool,

Been a long week. With a lot of words written. And it's chilly here! Let's see if I can answer. :)

OTEX's products and business aren't changing, of course; it has been offering cloud or license for 3 years, and about
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z