Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/17/17 11:40 AM
  • Number: 174
  • Recommendations: 0
trusty,

Yup, as your fellow member shared (thank you!), you can just roll to March for a credit. Unless you want to take shares now... (which you say you are glad to, so... that's Foolish, too, for the long haul... I think it'll be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/17/17 11:39 AM
  • Number: 20168
Hi Neil,

I'll add to Bob's response that selling an option is a "sell to open" command -- so you're being paid on day one. That's a credit no matter what.

With a diagonal call, you want the credit you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/16/17 4:18 PM
  • Number: 1688
Hi Tom,

Indeed, that's right. That's how I'm thinking of it, anyway. The calls don't pay nearly well enough to cover your stock; and, you shouldn't cover stock you want to keep, of course.

Best,

Jeff
  • Date: 2/16/17 4:16 PM
  • Number: 1687
  • Recommendations: 5
Hi russcaxp,

Keep in mind, it's a $110 stock, so $0.25 in time value on an at-the-money call at $110 is very (very) little.>>>

And...

The position was established for $0.96, so by giving
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/16/17 2:13 PM
  • Number: 6707
Hi tjp107,

Thanks for posting!

The allocations we have in our stocks includes the stock value in the port. So, if we have a $100K portfolio (including $20K in cash, but $100K total value), and we're buying 5% in a stock, we
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/16/17 2:02 PM
  • Number: 4338
  • Recommendations: 21
Thank you, members, for your many posts to Jeremy on this board!

I also wish to thank Jeremy for his excellent and Foolish work here in Pro over the last two years, and in Hidden Gems this whole decade! For many years, Jeremy has
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/16/17 11:03 AM
  • Number: 1683
  • Recommendations: 2
Greetings,

Keep in mind, it's a $110 stock, so $0.25 in time value on an at-the-money call at $110 is very (very) little. It's not likely that this will drop much until perhaps just hours before expiration, and even then, it's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/16/17 10:55 AM
  • Number: 1681
Hey Gary,

Just to be clear, I just think over time DIS will continue to do well overall (with ESPN being the biggest risk right now for negative surprises, along with any movies that flop). I think it's a well above-average company at a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/15/17 4:50 PM
  • Number: 3605
  • Recommendations: 1
Greetings, Derek,

Toby is correct; when a bull call spread gets partially exercised, and most of the money has been made, you can just close the other half of that spread (and close the rest of your spreads if you want, to be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/15/17 2:24 PM
  • Number: 1674
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi BassPlayer,

I just posted that accepting a $0.35 credit is fine, too, if need be; it's only a two-month roll. It's a win (we made a tiny bit on the $110 calls, and much more important, our long calls went up in value up to this
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z