Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/12/16 1:38 PM
  • Number: 1072
  • Recommendations: 0
Greetings,

Of course, let us know if you have questions on the new ideas...

Best,

Jeff
  • Date: 2/11/16 2:26 PM
  • Number: 3872
  • Recommendations: 4
Greetings,

Another thought: We talked about shorts all year last year -- our hunt for them. We passed on many for various reasons! Our process and reasoning are important, but it's too bad right now. Bottom line is, we wanted more shorts by
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/11/16 2:00 PM
  • Number: 7033
  • Recommendations: 2
Thanks, Erik! We MAY make it live next time. There's a site/app that we can use -- Slido -- that lets you enter questions live, and we can answer on streaming video.

So, we'll see. That could bring back the real-time aspect to the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/11/16 12:58 PM
  • Number: 20019
Hi Neil,

I think a bull call spread on SWKS could make sense now. Just be aware of the Apple risk. But Apple and SWKS have continued to be surprisingly weak (especially SWKS, even after it initially increased on good earnings). Perhaps
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/11/16 10:27 AM
  • Number: 20008
  • Recommendations: 1
P.S. I consider the "long run" in this case as being just a few years max, typically 1 to 3. In the average downturn, a full recovery often happens well within that time. We've just happened to live through a few really incredible drops
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/11/16 9:55 AM
  • Number: 20006
  • Recommendations: 19
Hi Bob,

It's getting better and better for new buys... It's nice to see more prices that are interesting. I don't think we need to rush anything, but we're looking at several possibilities.

I may have too serene a view on the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/11/16 9:41 AM
  • Number: 20004
Bill,

We're very sorry to hear about the medical emergency with your former partner -- we wish her well! Anything involving the brain is highly stressful on everyone, so it's good to see you talking calmly on the boards.

Here's to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/11/16 9:37 AM
  • Number: 20003
  • Recommendations: 1
Dan,

We're here rooting for Stephen to recover soon and fully! Please update us when you feel like it, and know that many Fools are behind you!

Best wishes to you and the rest of your family,

Jeff
  • Date: 2/11/16 9:32 AM
  • Number: 622
Just FYI:

Visa (V) has fallen 3.8% to $67.50 and MasterCard (MA) has dropped 3.6% to $80.30 after the credit-card companies were cut to Neutral from Buy at BofA Merrill Lynch.

(Years of investing has shown me that downgrades
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/10/16 3:31 PM
  • Number: 38
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi savingforhiking,

It's true there's no free lunch; so, focusing on the risks of a covered call, the biggest risk is obviously that the stock falls much more than the covered call paid you, and falls so much that you're reluctant to write
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z