Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/24/16 12:58 PM
  • Number: 20468
  • Recommendations: 0
Thank you, Zamaan - I'll check my facts and we'll correct as needed!
  • Date: 6/24/16 9:47 AM
  • Number: 20459
  • Recommendations: 1
As of now, TDA isn't working, just FYI. :)

So, there is some merit in cases like this to putting in orders ahead of time, if you like the price you're choosing, and then assuming those orders go through.

But yes, I would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/16 7:20 AM
  • Number: 17695
  • Recommendations: 7
Greetings,

The surprising (to most) UK referendum is going to knock markets for a loop, but changes in the country will be very slow to come. What the markets are going to battle now, for months, is uncertainty. What exactly will happen
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/16 7:14 AM
  • Number: 20452
  • Recommendations: 4
Indeed, Rich. Well said.

The surprising (to most) UK referendum is going to knock markets for a loop, but changes in the country will be very slow to come. What the markets are going to battle now, for months, is uncertainty. What exactly
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/16 7:10 AM
  • Number: 2992
Thank you for posting, rtichy! Corbu, yes, you should be able to set up the spread, or a similar spread, today. With this much volatility, SPY puts at much lower strikes (like the $189 puts we wrote) should go up in value considerably, paying you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/16 11:27 PM
  • Number: 20447
  • Recommendations: 7
Hi Bill,

Right now, with S&P futures down 3.5%, there should be some good buying opportunities in the morning.

It's interesting how wrong the world has the UK vote... Odds were at around 87% today that the UK would stay in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 5:05 PM
  • Number: 220
Hi russcaxp!

<<<Jeff, I have in the money puts (39 I think) which expire later in the year that I entered into on my own. Is there any way to pair that with the current rec or should I just sit tight with that I have.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 5:02 PM
  • Number: 219
runtintin,

I think that bid/ask advice must have come from your broker -- but it's incorrect.

Whenever you are selling an option, the Bid price is the price you can get at the time. The ask is what you have to pay to BUY the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 4:59 PM
  • Number: 218
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi car123,

If you have BOUGHT a call and it goes up in value, and is in-the-money (of course), you need to "sell to close" the call by expiration. Otherwise any in-the-money call option (and I'm assuming you bought this call)
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 4:57 PM
  • Number: 1004
CZR is on hold and we're considering possibly closing (or a similarly-minded option transaction on it), so if you are bought in, it's not the worst thing in the world. Hopefully you have a gain as we do.

Let's see what
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z