Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/20/17 11:03 AM
  • Number: 940
  • Recommendations: 1
We'll be looking at a new strategy on SWKS, too, naturally. We won't hesitate on that work.

Best,

Jeff
  • Date: 1/20/17 10:07 AM
  • Number: 935
  • Recommendations: 14
Greetings,

Need time to think it through, of course, but just for example -- one thing we could possibly do is strangle the stock next. The main risk is we have exposure to both AAPL and SWKS together, making for a large position already;
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/20/17 9:59 AM
  • Number: 934
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi Mike,

It's tougher than even 20 minutes ago because the stock is up another $4... that really crushes some rolls.

You want to keep shares though and not pay capital in right now, so you could roll to May $75 calls. That
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/20/17 9:40 AM
  • Number: 931
  • Recommendations: 5
Greetings,

We'll probably be rolling our $75 calls as soon as next week (given time value is largely gone)... The outlook is a bit better than expected, and our fair value may head a bit higher finally (we covered below our fair value,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/19/17 4:49 PM
  • Number: 932
  • Recommendations: 6
...the stock is above $80, so it looks like our $72.50 puts are safe to expire as income tomorrow. We won't need to take any action in that case.

I'll be looking at new puts to write here in MF Options after going through
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/19/17 4:29 PM
  • Number: 921
  • Recommendations: 2
The stock is up on earnings and a share buyback -- the conference call starts at 5pm.

We'll just manage the covered calls the best we can -- premiums are large enough that we can likely roll up a significant amount, and out far enough,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/19/17 4:11 PM
  • Number: 931
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi again Tridevisions,

<<<What I'm trying to get a better feel for is how to appropriately roll (put or call)an option to keep it going, and reset the spread (correct term?). It seems to me that this "spread"
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/19/17 3:37 PM
  • Number: 917
  • Recommendations: 2
Greetings,

We rolled our Jan. $75 calls to Feb. 17 $75 calls for a $1 credit.

We'll see earnings soon... and I don't really care what the stock does, which is a decent position to be in. Would rather it languish for now.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/19/17 3:34 PM
  • Number: 916
Hi Scott,

It's an unusual situation because SWKS is reporting earnings sooner than expected, and our calls expire the next day. We could have just bought back the calls at a small profit, but rolling for a credit (given the high
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/19/17 12:15 PM
  • Number: 1606
Greetings,

Our trade filled for a $7.85 credit just now... (using a two-legged order to close the short $50 calls and the long $42 calls)...

Best,

Jeff
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z