Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/1/15 1:36 PM
  • Number: 2024
  • Recommendations: 0
Nutley,

And keep in mind that the particular price of each option isn't important by itself. As the report says, those prices will change. What matters is the debit paid or credit received to set up the two options together. We hope to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/1/15 10:55 AM
  • Number: 2012
  • Recommendations: 2
Hi Sam,

You could move the lower strike up one dollar if you want to only set this up for a credit. Realize the debit for the typical sized transaction at today's higher price is still very small dollar-wise, but I'm with you: I don't like
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/1/15 10:52 AM
  • Number: 2010
Hi Dan,

Our other spread (Sept.) has a look-through allocation of about 9%, so combined we're sticking to about 20% total.

Best,

Jeff
  • Date: 7/1/15 10:52 AM
  • Number: 2009
Hi Chandy,

That's right: We're not considering break-even given the math is just slightly different...

Best,

Jeff
  • Date: 6/30/15 8:43 PM
  • Number: 2002
  • Recommendations: 2
Hi Chandy,

Perhaps the easiest way to think about it is each $200 put you buy represents a $20,000 look-through value short. You're effectively shorting 100 shares of SPY at $200, so that's worth $20,000.

We want an 11%
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/30/15 8:38 PM
  • Number: 2001
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi vls100,

Yes, indeed. The table is for SPY at our October expiration.

The mention of June in the table header was a holdover from the last table (the last report). Sorry about that error! I just removed it! So, it should be clear
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/30/15 8:33 PM
  • Number: 2000
  • Recommendations: 4
Hi Eric,

Our September put ratio spread has a much lower price where it kicks in -- $185. So, we want another hedge expiring near it that starts much higher in the market -- $200. Bunching them together seems better given this, at this
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/30/15 12:13 PM
  • Number: 3592
I have to agree. That photo is pretty enticing. I am perpetually hungry right now and stuck somewhere with very little food (a somewhat remote in-law's house), so when I wrote the Memo yesterday, and was trying to come up with a headline, I went
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/29/15 5:34 PM
  • Number: 3579
Hi Fools,

Just a heads up that one line in the memo was meant to say, "if some of our short stocks fall sharply, we could close them -- and invest existing cash and short gains in new positions."

It just said stocks
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/15 7:57 AM
  • Number: 13929
Hi RJ,

Unfortunately, the short call should be in the same account as the long call or stock, otherwise it will be considered a naked call. Perhaps Scotttrade will work with you to rectify this without a fee. Or, you may need to sell to
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z