Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/24/17 10:26 AM
  • Number: 3731
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi Michael,

Indeed, it's negative; negative articles have run on AFSI nearly since the beginning in 2006; certainly can't discount them, but also have to work to see both sides.

AmTrust had talked of changing auditors
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/17 9:37 AM
  • Number: 373
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi datimm,

The June 2018 options offer 32% less time (15 months vs. 22 months) than the January 2019 options, yet your break-even price moves only 1% lower.

You'll need to act on it sooner, of course, and in June 2018 the 2021
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/17 9:31 AM
  • Number: 372
Hi Angie,

I'm glad you're enjoying Options!

A synthetic long simply mirrors a stock's price up and down, so you typically set up a synthetic long at strike prices that are at the current share price. So, that's all
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/17 9:28 AM
  • Number: 371
Hi bmc,

The short answer is: I focus on a business and its price more than on the macro, which is truly unpredictable.

Our time-frame can also go beyond 2019 if needed.

Best,

Jeff
  • Date: 3/24/17 9:24 AM
  • Number: 6734
Hi Jim,

BilOil is right (thank you!).

The PAYC put writing idea is for those who didn't buy earlier, and want to target a lower potential buy price rather than buy right now (although you could just buy it right now,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/17 3:42 PM
  • Number: 1056
Greetings,

We just wrote the June $70 calls for $1.96 about 45 minutes ago (I was told), which on the then-current share price was 2.96%.

Best,

Jeff
  • Date: 3/23/17 3:41 PM
  • Number: 1055
Well... the alert shares to either sell your shares if you have less than 100, or wait and see if we sell at $70, and then sell. Since you don't have the benefit of potentially being able to write covered calls repeatedly on the stock to improve
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/17 1:55 PM
  • Number: 1404
Just curious, because I haven't seen shares of SHLD available for... at least a year, and surely longer (the way time goes by). Where are you short shares? IB doesn't even list them at all.

Meanwhile, the puts have always been
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/17 11:03 AM
  • Number: 1043
Hey Andy,

It's just one stock in a portfolio -- now a 2.2% position. Don't let it make you gloomy. My goodness. In this world, this is nothing.

It's a strong business overall; the market could just as easily be pricing
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/17 10:59 AM
  • Number: 1042
  • Recommendations: 3
Keep in mind a decision isn't made in isolation. We recently bought 3% in JNJ. Losing GILD is more palatable in this light, for the portfolio.

But if we can make 10%+ a year on covered calls, and the stock can hold steady (a big if),
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z