Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/18/17 12:49 PM
  • Number: 1164
  • Recommendations: 0
P.S. Keep in mind, Nike, etc, are investing a lot in direct-to-consumer sales, which will obviously hurt Foot Locker. Along with online sales hurting these chains in general...
  • Date: 8/18/17 12:25 PM
  • Number: 21682
Thank you, Bob!

And I'm not really worried, per se, though I do feel driven to improve. It feels like there's lasting, definitive change in the world of business (in relation to consumer habits especially) that will slowly move the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/18/17 12:19 PM
  • Number: 1163
  • Recommendations: 3
Just in case anyone is wondering, NKE is down 4% today on Foot Locker's (FL) disappointing results. (Continued...)
  • Date: 8/18/17 10:17 AM
  • Number: 21679
  • Recommendations: 12
Greetings, Fools,

We've seen some volatility return lately. That may help us in the long run (it should, ultimately -- after first hurting right now). It starts to make options pay better, and will bring about opportunity if it
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/18/17 10:03 AM
  • Number: 1271
Hi Fools,

If you are still short August $85 calls expiring this weekend, you still need to close those today -- as long as the stock remains above $85. Right now, you can roll to Oct. $87.50 for a good credit, or to the Jan. 2018 $90 calls
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/18/17 9:58 AM
  • Number: 56
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi colleen,

<<<Selling a 95 covered call Jan 2018 sounds crazy, as the stock will be above that in all that time. Its on an upward trend. 118% this year???? Spiked to $105 at earnings? Am I missing
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/17 1:06 PM
  • Number: 38
Hi Rob,

Yup, it shouldn't take much for those SHOP puts to rise above $5.00 again; we just need the VIX to go higher and SHOP to shed a few dollars, which is habitually does. That said, it's also one of those stocks that could just
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/17 1:04 PM
  • Number: 37
Hi Dhanley,

<<<Are you still comfortable with selling $85 puts, instead of the $80 of the original rec?>>

Yes, they still pay well enough to consider them; and I'd be fibbing if I said the price
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/17 12:59 PM
  • Number: 1268
  • Recommendations: 1
I agree -- with AXP lower now, rolling to Oct. $87.50 is another viable choice. It was the first trade alert I wrote up, in fact, and then as the stock jumped, and was actually above $87.50, I adjusted to Jan. $90.

Today you can roll up to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/17 12:41 PM
  • Number: 1267
Vince,

Yup, some similar (yet fewer) issues with a diagonal call. Obviously, we like them a lot here.

The main disadvantages are you'll pay some time value to buy the calls, of course; and you'll have a taxable event (in a
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z