Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/19/18 3:26 PM
  • Number: 1341
  • Recommendations: 0
I really wish we had an edit button!

Ideally, roll to JULY. (August doesn't exist for AXP. August was the SWKS roll.)

Roll AXP to July, per the official alert. Use a strike that gets you a credit to roll, if you're not at
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/18 3:20 PM
  • Number: 1340
Nice. Well done.

As others have done here, if you have a strike higher than $95 that is set to expire Friday, and is in-the-money, roll as well. Ideally roll to August and use a strike probably one step higher (maybe two? but not likely)
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/18 11:18 AM
  • Number: 1335
  • Recommendations: 1
Yup, we'll be getting a roll rec out ASAP today on AXP. In recent days, due to earnings, the calls had a large amount of time value, so letting it ride made sense. The blowout is both nice to see but... necessitates a roll, of course, and more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/18 11:16 AM
  • Number: 1445
Sorry 1% per month, I meant.

1% per day was when I was 24 years old and more reckless. ;)
  • Date: 4/19/18 11:15 AM
  • Number: 1444
Greetings,

August exceeds our 1% per day (at this point) income goal with the position, and gives us time for the stock to recover. I'll roll out a month or two if the stock is near our strike, but when it's well below it, you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/18 11:14 AM
  • Number: 1443
rk42,

<<<<
Today MF recommended selling a $105 PUT on a $99 stock. That says, "I will buy your $99 stock for $105" and can be assigned at any time, NOT just at expiration. Thanks anyway, I'll pass. Instead,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/18/18 3:15 PM
  • Number: 1431
Hi Fools,

I'm a bit surprised some SWKS puts were assigned early, given these options still had time value yesterday that was considerable (about $0.80 when I looked in the morning -- a lot; in a way, early assignment is a gift).
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/18/18 3:13 PM
  • Number: 1430
Greetings, pnzrldr,

Writing puts is the official recommendation. Writing covered calls is an alternative trade. So, you wouldn't do both. Using the same strike for either makes sense -- $105 -- on the argument that income is a neutral
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/18 1:21 PM
  • Number: 4111
Hi Mike,

<<<I got antsy this morning and rolled to the Oct $49, trying to guess what the official rec would be. How hard do you think it will be to get back on the official track this Fall?>>

That
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/18 12:51 PM
  • Number: 4109
  • Recommendations: 2
Yo back at ya!

I'm sure you see the alert, rolling to Sept. $49 calls for ideally no cost (though lately now it's a $0.05 debit)... If members wanted, you could instead roll to Oct. $49 for a credit.

On Sept, we're
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z