Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/1/15 11:37 PM
  • Number: 821
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi Rick,

It's a good problem to have, of course; in general I favor letting winners be as long as merited. If you're comfortable with a 10% position for now, you could build your Pro portfolio around it/in addition to it, and address the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/15 11:34 PM
  • Number: 8188
Excellent job, Morris! Classic...

See you tomorrow!

Jeff
  • Date: 3/1/15 11:27 PM
  • Number: 3415
  • Recommendations: 1
Thank you, Mykie! Good article!

I love these powerful conclusions:

<<<I have two strong feelings about shorting right now:

1. It's a horrible business, it's cost me (and my investors) a fortune over the past

(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/15 11:20 PM
  • Number: 877
Hi torfool,

Yes, Neil is correct. This is just another written strangle on our synthetic long. The trade alert says:

<<<Allocation: Sell one strangle (one of each option) for every 100 shares of exposure you already
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/15 5:37 PM
  • Number: 255
Thank you, Greg. I'm glad it's here. It's always a waiting game for 10-K filings.

Best,

Jeff
  • Date: 2/27/15 5:08 PM
  • Number: 1752
Hi thelongviewman and welcome!

We should have a new hedge to recommend in Pro within a week or so (by March 9 at the latest), so if you care to wait, that should be on the horizon.

Have a good weekend! And keep asking
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/15 5:07 PM
  • Number: 1751
Hi Peter,

Welcome to Pro, and thanks for posting!

<<<So the question is, suppose a 12% downdraft to SPY 185 does occur -- let's say in May. Can the whole spread be closed out for something like max profit ($2000), even
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/15 4:10 PM
  • Number: 1012
Now that KO diagonal calls are back on the docket, updates can appear in Friday's Trades You Can Make whenever attractive or reasonable. So, that may be the case next week, too. But this diagonal call pricing (for those writing the May $44s) is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/15 3:56 PM
  • Number: 1011
Hey Fools,

We wanted to get this out today partly on pricing (the stock ran up the last few hours especially), but also because Monday-Tuesday is FoolFest all day here at Fool HQ, with members in from around the world. We almost certainly
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/15 2:25 PM
  • Number: 940
  • Recommendations: 9
Sad news, rs530. Thanks for posting it...

A rough time for some Pro (or former Pro) company executives lately...

Bob Benmosche worked hard, and did excellent work. The drive to leave a very comfortable retirement to return to AIG
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z