Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/8/15 4:14 PM
  • Number: 768
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi Lili,

So, you paid $26 for a $50 call, so your break-even price on AXP shares is $76.

So, you could write diagonal calls above that price and still safely target a gain if you happen to lose your shares. But with 2017 rather
  • Date: 10/8/15 2:49 PM
  • Number: 2278

Neil is correct; the alternative trades, as hedges, are much like the official trade, especially when they're spreads. You set them and let them be until near expiration. The way SPY is going, they're set to expire. But if not,
  • Date: 10/8/15 2:01 PM
  • Number: 653
Hi rharrach,

Selling the DIS call before 2016 moves the tax event into this year; also, if you turn the calls to stock, you avoid paying taxes until you sell the stock. So, those are two immediate considerations.

Other than that,
  • Date: 10/8/15 1:59 PM
  • Number: 766
<<<<Dear Jeff,

I have 50call Jan 17. I would greatly appreciate if you could recommend me what strike and exp. date I should sell the diagonal call.

Hi Lili!

What did
  • Date: 10/8/15 1:58 PM
  • Number: 765

<<<I have a 80 straddle for Oct on AXP Should I roll to Jan 16, 80 at present I can get 3.48 credit.>>>

Yes, I would roll to Jan. 16 $80...

Thank you for your
  • Date: 10/8/15 1:57 PM
  • Number: 764
Hey Jeff!

<<<I was also assigned last night and I am not sure if I am a little different than the official strategy, but my choice is to let my OCT 85 calls expire worthless and then try to write the Jan 85's for all the shares
  • Date: 10/8/15 1:56 PM
  • Number: 763
Thank you, Kevin. July was updated to October. That's a problem with using a template. Despite it being read and doubled-checked by others twice...
  • Date: 10/8/15 1:50 PM
  • Number: 998
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi One Fools!

I look forward to meeting or seeing as many of you as possible at the Miami event starting Friday! I hope we all enjoy some great weather and sunshine. We'll also talk about options very casually. And I mean casually. This is
  • Date: 10/8/15 1:33 PM
  • Number: 758
Hi Asheda,

You can either write the Jan. $85 calls on all your shares -- or, sell your new shares and then write the Jan. $85 puts instead, if you'd rather not have all the shares yet, and want a little more time value
  • Date: 10/8/15 11:54 AM
  • Number: 3094

Sorry, I meant we're likely to have action on ORLY next week -- rolling or closing those calls to keep our shares.

Unless the stock slips below $250 again.

Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z