Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By TMFFischer

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/12/11 5:00 PM
  • Number: 7343
  • Recommendations: 163
In August 2008, I was in Chicago visiting family when the Fool offered me the opportunity to return and manage Pro. I was visiting family because, as we all know, our time here is limited, and sometimes you're given an early warning that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/8/10 4:31 PM
  • Number: 211
  • Recommendations: 122
Greetings, Options Fools,

Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) shares have declined 17% since reporting Q1 2011 results (from $41 to a recent $34) after revenue was lighter than anticipated. The company maintained its full-year earnings
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/15/12 4:20 PM
  • Number: 4038
  • Recommendations: 79
Greetings, Options' Members:

Below is my latest thinking on every live Options position on my side of the scorecard. I'll either continually update these on the board whenever my thoughts change (but if a strategy or trade changes,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/25/10 5:47 PM
  • Number: 301
  • Recommendations: 68
the portfolio has been subject to underperformance, this is just another day of that.

Oh, dear Fool, let's not start this on a portfolio that's 18 months-old, that aims for absolute profits rather than relative returns, and that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/22/14 10:14 AM
  • Number: 443
  • Recommendations: 66
Greetings,

We'll keep doing our best.

It must be that at least 98% of our recommendations the past 5 years have come with plenty of days to act, and the very few that have been issued with a one-day window (right at expiration, or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/25/03 9:57 AM
  • Number: 282047
  • Recommendations: 66
Investor Warren Buffett, an insurance (and so statistical) genius, must be very intrigued by the Bush administration's all too certain grasp of the future.

Several senior Bush administration officials are on the record this weekend saying
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/26/12 12:41 PM
  • Number: 12794
  • Recommendations: 61
Hi Pro Fools,

To help you keep track of where we're at on our positions, below is a summary of our current thinking or progress. Positions are listed by current allocation size (largest to smallest). (I've started, by the way, to list my
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/21/14 3:54 PM
  • Number: 16118
  • Recommendations: 53
Greetings, Fools. Here is my...

Summary of the 30th Annual CBOE Risk Management Conference 2014

The tone of the event was quite different from the one I attended in 2011. Back then, many presenters were talking about
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/28/14 11:17 AM
  • Number: 1795
  • Recommendations: 52
Hi Fools,

I see so many people lamenting a loss on this hedge, that I feel I should remind you what a hedge is: It's a position that WILL lose money if the market goes up. You have to accept that from day one. You only hedge if you want to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/12 11:46 AM
  • Number: 11839
  • Recommendations: 50
Greetings,

As of this morning, at 11 a.m., Pro Port is up 6.15% this year.

The North Star, which of course is what we're trying to manage for, is up approximately 5.4%.

Just for comparison, the S&P (SPY) is up 4.5%
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z