Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By BruceBrown

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/18/18 10:38 AM
  • Number: 86855
  • Recommendations: 0
You are correct. American Century Funds is what used to be known as 20th Century Funds.
They sort of outgrew - or outlasted - their name. A victim of Y2K, only in a different manner.

Yup.

I have a history with them, but
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/16/18 9:25 AM
  • Number: 86827
  • Recommendations: 6
Baby Boomers, as a group, are having shorter lifespans. The hidden statistic is rising, but nearly 1/3rd of Boomers born between 1946 - 1964 will not even make it to the age of 65 based on past and current death rates for the group (obesity, cancer,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/12/18 9:59 AM
  • Number: 233852
  • Recommendations: 2
Kernen seems to be doing just fine with his $2+M salary, and pushing his anti-liberal agenda.

He does have long, run on questions and tends to talk over, as well as interrupt his guests which irritates most of us. The wry wit he attempts
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/11/18 11:38 AM
  • Number: 86772
  • Recommendations: 1
StockGoddess wrote:

USA Today had a piece on retirement savings that said, basically, have X times your income saved by age Y, as in:

Have 1x income saved by 30
Have 2x income saved by 35
Have 3x income saved by

(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/9/18 1:32 PM
  • Number: 86692
I recently got a new job that offers a Roth 401k plan, but no employer match. I set it up to collect 15% off of every paycheck, and connected it to a basic Charles Schwab index fund. Apart from this new Roth 401k, 2 years ago I set up a Roth IRA
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/8/18 12:19 PM
  • Number: 233746
  • Recommendations: 3
More reason to just own the market via total stock market index fund in the US, total international market index fund, total bond fund - and if you want some additional exposure, add emerging markets, and REITs.

CAPE?
Value vs
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/7/18 12:09 PM
  • Number: 86649
With the current tax laws, unless you will be in the 12% bracket (or lower), using capital loss carryover against ordinary income and/or short term capital gains is more advantageous. However, if you realize capital gains, you MUST use the loss
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/6/18 7:29 PM
  • Number: 86644
Thanks to a wee bit use of leverage in the 1995-2000 bubble, I still carry a nice chunk of capital loss carryover from the go-go days when I had to unwind it all rather quickly. I haven't really sold anything since then, but have used the annual
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/5/18 12:47 PM
  • Number: 126816
  • Recommendations: 2
Immediate gratification!!

Lisa
in MA

p.s. I vote for saving the money. Always.

Here, here on saving money!

TT Premiere is free for Fidelity account holders. I don't know what the requirements are
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/2/18 4:39 PM
  • Number: 15993
This said, I find that indoor training is not ideal for getting back into condition, as you tend to ride at a higher intensity than you would outside where you would put in more endurance base miles.

But you gotta work with what you

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z