Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By steve203

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/5/15 3:22 PM
  • Number: 472490
  • Recommendations: 2
A year or two ago, the FCC enacted a reg that allows individual broadcast TV stations to sell their spectrum license to a cell phone operator and go off the air. (AT&T has been pushing the government to shut down broadcast TV by
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/15 3:10 PM
  • Number: 472488
  • Recommendations: 0
hmmm...didn't take long after Piech got the heave ho.

Volkswagen Creates ‘Truck & Bus GmbH’ Holding Group for Commercial Vehicle Brands

Truck & Bus GmbH to become holding for commercial vehicle brands

Prof.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/15 2:13 AM
  • Number: 472467
  • Recommendations: 3
I said "Stepford wives" it was a book & TV show go back and click on the link

And a theatrical film in the 70s, recently remade.

The point I was making with the metaphors, shaken or stirred, was do we really
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 10:29 PM
  • Number: 472458
...unless of course they weren't welcome by the rest of those upstanding churches ... ?

Maybe others here remember the uproar when the United Church of Christ ran a TV ad saying that, unlike some other churches, everyone was welcome
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 9:43 PM
  • Number: 472456
  • Recommendations: 1
... it's an expensive pain in the butt for those crawling in the crowded hives of cities.

One of the funniest episodes of the old "Odd Couple" TV series was the one where the guys, I forget how, ended up owning a car, in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 9:33 PM
  • Number: 472452
Public transportation is a hobble on the poor who are forced to waste hours of their lives waiting to get transportation to/from work.

I have had occasion to ride the NYC subway system. Many of the people I saw on the trains did not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 8:39 PM
  • Number: 472444
Er... the purpose of the Military Industrial Complex is not to actually fight wars, but rather to continually upgrade weapons and weapons systems.

I figure the objective is to milk development programs. How much was spent on the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 5:41 PM
  • Number: 472424
Steve, I'm guessin' that at least until your rebellious teenaged years your main influences came from your parents (church?) and whatever they were teaching at the schools you attended i.e. same difference.

I was lucky. While the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 5:02 PM
  • Number: 472415
  • Recommendations: 3
One would almost get the impression that y'all have been abusing your position as the centre of the financial world wouldn't one? Nah, that couldn't be happening ... could it?

The whole point of being the center of the universe *is*
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 12:47 PM
  • Number: 472401
...hanging monorail by 2018.

I didn't know Bombardier made hangers. What I have seen were all straddle rail models.

Hanger in Wuppertal, Germany. In service since 1901

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z