Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By steve203

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/23/17 11:52 PM
  • Number: 518537
  • Recommendations: 0
... but due to higher liquidity, iShares might be more efficient in some cases) seem the way to spread the risk.

As others have wondered in regard to the recurring topic of progressively fewer stocks to buy, are we really spreading
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/17 11:28 PM
  • Number: 518535
  • Recommendations: 1
By some accounts, "clean coal" technology never existed in a form that was commercially viable.

Steve
  • Date: 6/23/17 11:25 PM
  • Number: 518534
Guess how fast things would change if management was facing large penalties or even possibly jail time if *every* employee was not fully vetted.

*gasp* Must not burden the "job creator class" with things like
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/17 11:18 PM
  • Number: 518532
Nowadays, there are fewer than 3,600.

Fortunately, there are nearly three times that number of mutual funds.

In the United States, there were 9,511 mutual funds in 2016, managing assets worth approximately 16.34 trillion
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/17 11:12 PM
  • Number: 518531
The cost of U.S. cellular service is rapidly plunging,

Isn't that the case with every new thing? Soaring volume with fat profits, then the growth tails off, but more capacity is coming on line, so prices are cut to try to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/17 11:00 PM
  • Number: 518529
  • Recommendations: 3
Minor fender benders that some people just ignore will have to be fixed (right rear camera is now out of alignment) otherwise the car may fail to go anywhere until towed and fixed.

Lol, hadn't thought of that. As Michigan has no
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/17 8:21 PM
  • Number: 518522
Or do they try to turn them around as fast as possible at the gate to get them back up in the air and earning money?

Commercial aircraft are built for a 30 year service life of that sort of treatment. And when a first tier airline
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/17 3:05 PM
  • Number: 518501
  • Recommendations: 3
1) Competition. There will be Uber, Lyft, Gettaxi, etc. Eventually, one or more of them will become known as having newer and cleaner vehicles.

Or, ride services could end up like airline services: the vast majority of people pick
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/17 10:02 AM
  • Number: 518486
  • Recommendations: 8
Lets consider life in Uberville, a utopia where there are no privately owned cars.

Because there are no privately owned cars, there is no secondary market for cars once they become less than hygienic or reliable, so the operator will need
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/17 9:31 AM
  • Number: 518426
... then former Radio Shack now "the Source" is doing cosmetic changes in hope of surviving.

The problem they still have is being a showroom for Amazon. People come into the store to compare major brand products, then buy
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z