Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By steve203

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/29/16 1:30 AM
  • Number: 123427
  • Recommendations: 0
Sticks in my mind it was in September. Tried looking for his old website but Trenchrat only brought up a Chinese site.

Steve
  • Date: 8/28/16 9:00 PM
  • Number: 502926
The view within the Fed is that it could take effort to win over a public already skeptical of the unconventional policies the Fed undertook during the last crisis.

My suspicion is the "public" has no clue what the Fed is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/28/16 8:52 PM
  • Number: 502925
The Muzak company figured that out years ago. Their "music" was programmed in 15 minute segments, starting with a moderate tempo selection, to get the workers working in sync with the music. Subsequent selections were at a progressively
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/28/16 8:38 PM
  • Number: 502924
he sees authority figures scapegoating "Islamic boogymen" everywhere.

Yes I do...and I'm right :^)

Steve
  • Date: 8/28/16 8:36 PM
  • Number: 502923
  • Recommendations: 1
The US tax code allows domestic companies to hold cash offshore in the first place and avoid paying tax on it, provided it remains outside the US. US companies have stashed an estimated $2,400 billion (2,119 billion) offshore, mainly in tax
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/28/16 8:02 PM
  • Number: 502921
  • Recommendations: 7
...what is being called the Secure Choice Retirement Savings Program.

Given USian pols taste for Orwellian names, my first take is the program is neither "secure" nor offers "choice".

The companies
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/28/16 7:54 PM
  • Number: 502920
  • Recommendations: 1
With so many knife-edge situations needing near perfect policy responses, and so little Statesmanship evident with which to engage in those critical decisions.....it was time for the head of the largest Central Bank to set the stage for what
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/27/16 10:45 PM
  • Number: 502889
Some of these owners had better be careful- a crew mutiny or bad press on the situation could have a costly impact
on the shipowners image and/or future chartering of their vessels.

The geopolitical environment today gives the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/27/16 10:31 PM
  • Number: 502888
  • Recommendations: 4
These costs will be paid by the 5,500 workers to be let go.

Not to mention people who buy beer. What is the combined market share in the US of Bud and Miller?

ah, found it. Bud holds 45% of the market, Miller
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/27/16 10:22 PM
  • Number: 502886
The media's, and market's, takeaway seems to be warnings of a rate increase as utility stocks took it on the chin Friday.

It crossed my mind the Fed might raise rates, so they could then "stimulate" the economy by lowering
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z