Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By steve203

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/10/08 7:34 PM
  • Number: 269817
  • Recommendations: 116
This has not escaped notice. I watched the Senate hearings last week, and Nardelli was questioned directly about this. One Senator talked about a conversation he had with a Cerberus board member who said the firm has billions available, but will
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/11 8:19 PM
  • Number: 363321
  • Recommendations: 101
Congressional Trading on Advance Info Not Illegal: SEC

When you buy and sell stocks based on secrets you learned at the office, it could be insider trading.

But when a United States Senator does it, it's probably perfectly

(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/19/09 8:47 PM
  • Number: 280027
  • Recommendations: 99
...we had our "all hands" monthly update. Business absolutly stinks. We're gaining new accounts as we out compete and outlast the competition *but* accounts that used to provide 800-900 work orders per year ar now expected to produce
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/16/10 7:44 PM
  • Number: 320142
  • Recommendations: 83
...said "we are selling fewer cars this year than we did last year, so everyone who buys a GM car this year will need to pay 20% more to compensate for the lower volume."

Seems that's what the health insurance companies are saying
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/16/08 5:09 PM
  • Number: 252343
  • Recommendations: 83
Everyone bookmark this thread for the next time Social Security "privatization" comes up in Congress.

The last bill would have put our SS taxes in the hands of people like Lehman and Bear Stearns, then when we retired the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/30/06 6:41 PM
  • Number: 50390
  • Recommendations: 79
Interview on NBC News tonight: Bush said "it never entered his mind" to knock over Saddam before 9/11, which directly conflicts with repeated statements by both Paul O'Neil and Dick Clarke.

Another whopper: Bush said "when the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/11/09 12:38 PM
  • Number: 311901
  • Recommendations: 77
Report: AIG CEO ready to quit over pay constraints

After just three months as head of embattled insurer American International Group, Robert Benmosche has threatened to leave his post as he struggles to deal with heavy government

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/8/11 7:12 PM
  • Number: 362187
  • Recommendations: 73
Meanwhile in the real world:

Back in early 09, when things were at their bleakest in Motown, what with Chrysler and GM both headed for bankruptcy, we took at 10% pay cut at the day job. The owner said he would pay us back for the money cut
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/15/12 8:53 PM
  • Number: 411400
  • Recommendations: 72
Politically, Medicare is here to stay, and that means we will either go bankrupt or we will need some combination of the following:

I. Cost-cutting revolutions...

II. Cultural/social shifts...

Then there is III: in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/12/06 9:33 PM
  • Number: 173500
  • Recommendations: 70
As we all know, when we hit retirement age we come face to face with the fact that it may be time to relocate. The big question is: where to? Here are some tips.

You can live in Phoenix, Arizona or Lake Havasu where.....
1. You are
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z