Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By dumaflotchie

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/17/18 9:52 AM
  • Number: 38824
  • Recommendations: 115
Only when the tide goes out do you discover who has been swimming naked"
Warren Buffet

This famous Buffet quote repurposed numerous times since the 1990’s seems a reasonable segway into our future investments in this age of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/22/17 10:18 AM
  • Number: 33066
  • Recommendations: 76
2017 has been easy.....really really easy.

Saul is up 65% at Sept month-end and most of us have truly amazing returns in a short period time with several stock doubles this year alone, a 4 multiple in SHOP and numerous stocks over
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/4/17 7:59 PM
  • Number: 34552
  • Recommendations: 67
I glanced at several posts today discussing todays little pullback specifically using words like "discount" or "on sale" or "missed the lower prices".

I do find these to be interesting choice of words
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/21/02 7:27 PM
  • Number: 9562
  • Recommendations: 56
Mish:

These last few posts have been a bit disappointing. Please allow me a few constructive comments and observations that I hope you will take in the good faith that they are offered:

1) You are a novice investor. I don't mean that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/22/06 10:38 PM
  • Number: 26213
  • Recommendations: 55
Fellow NPI'ers……we are on the same side. Questions and criticisms are our friends not our enemies.

Over the years, the NPI has been a great resource for new and exciting discussions of technology and investing. It has morphed over the last
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/21/18 12:10 PM
  • Number: 35962
  • Recommendations: 53
As some of you know, a few of us exited SHOP a while back based on 3 issues:

1) Valuation concerns - I have presented data here before how sustained high P/S stocks are rare.
2) Lack of transparency with merchant class - the latter two
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/7/18 4:37 PM
  • Number: 38331
  • Recommendations: 50
Either way, it is Saul's board, but all the comments lamenting this and that are a bit too much for me. Especially complaints from lurkers who, by definition, don't add anything to the discussion, yet take the time to protest when their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/6/18 8:48 AM
  • Number: 38223
  • Recommendations: 49
Saul is truly a special investor and person. Thanks Saul!

Chris

Hey Chris:

A couple quick comments:

1) Your posts really are a delight to read and it shouldn't go without saying that despite the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/14/16 10:39 AM
  • Number: 20939
  • Recommendations: 48
Hi Aguila Azim, I guess it depends on where you cherry-pick your results from and to. You picked a particular two and a half year period to make my results look bad. Indeed you found I trailed the S&P by almost 6% and the IWM (whatever that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/29/18 1:58 PM
  • Number: 36329
  • Recommendations: 46
At least under some circumstances, we should be aware of potentially important timers.

I have heard many here profess that market timing is impossible and often results in poorly executed trades and lost opportunity.....certainly in a huge
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z