Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By MissEdithKeeler

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/20/14 9:50 PM
  • Number: 885510
  • Recommendations: 6
Because you are doing something and experiencing different cultures. It is more "meaningful" than just staying at home acquiring stuff.

Why is it so bad to have things?

I don't think it's bad to have
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/20/14 2:34 PM
  • Number: 61136
  • Recommendations: 0
It's interesting when you look at the breakdown for the cities. For example, in Memphis, the giving ratio for incomes of up to $25K is 13.09%. For incomes of $200K or more, it's 4.21%. Actually for all incomes more than 25K, the giving ratio is well
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/20/14 2:23 PM
  • Number: 61135
I really like most of your comments, and I always loved your Trekkie nom de plume. But I can't take any survey like that seriously unless it subtracts tithing to churches. The reason SLC is #1 is because of the mandatory 10% tithe to the LDS
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/20/14 11:03 AM
  • Number: 61114
  • Recommendations: 3
I live in Memphis, TN, a city that gets a TON of negative press for our race relations issues, crime, poverty, unemployment, etc. Sadly, a lot of that negative press is true. Unfortunately, though, a lot of the really cool things about Memphis are
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/20/14 1:05 AM
  • Number: 1966607
  • Recommendations: 2
Yes that's right. Declaring bankruptcy is not free. That's where you have to choose between paying a bankruptcy attorney $1000-$1500 to file chapter 7 vs paying the $600,000 medical bill. Not exactly a tough call. In addition, from a purely
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/20/14 12:40 AM
  • Number: 885492
Arrgghh. Problem found, I think. A broken hinge on the bottom of the canister thing. That's one thing I didn't like about the Dyson when I first got it--all the plastic parts. But it's held up well for 8 years.

I can order a new one...
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/20/14 12:09 AM
  • Number: 885491
  • Recommendations: 8
BUT....retiring at 38?
I feel like I am just getting started with only 10 years give or take of working under my belt. I would LOVE to hear how they occupied their time in those 24 years. If not working, I'm sure I would have to plunge

(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/20/14 12:05 AM
  • Number: 885490
  • Recommendations: 33
I hate stories like this. The headline tricks you into reading the story in search of a money-saving idea that you haven't heard of yet.

Instead you find some people that have adopted some bizarre, nomadic lifestyle that isn't anywhere

(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/19/14 11:53 PM
  • Number: 885489
  • Recommendations: 1
Yeah, I've cleaned the filter and gone through all the trouble shooting things on the website. Unfortunately their customer service line isn't available on Sunday, so I'll call tomorrow. And of course I've gotten the entire house torn up at the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/19/14 5:09 PM
  • Number: 885481
I'm just curious -- how many monthly bills do each of you pay? I'm looking at my list and it seems reasonable, but somehow a bit less than I remember from other times in my life. Part of it may that some things like CATV/ISP are charged directly
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z