Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By MissEdithKeeler

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/1/15 7:19 PM
  • Number: 1590
  • Recommendations: 0
Well, I'm not retired yet, but my favorite free activity is hanging out at the dog park with my dogs, and I anticipate doing a lot more of that when I'm retired.

Another cheap thing I enjoy, and again, plan to avail myself more of once
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/15 5:06 PM
  • Number: 69685
  • Recommendations: 6

Of course it is.

Well, I disagree.

If you never need it, you have basically spent thousands of dollars for nothing. If you do need it, you are sick - possibly very sick. Either way, you lose.

Well, you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/15 4:07 PM
  • Number: 69679
  • Recommendations: 4
Insurance: The only business on the planet that is always win-win for the insurance company and lose-lose for the customer.

I disagree. It's not "lose-lose" if you have it and need it. I work in insurance, and it's not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/31/15 3:43 PM
  • Number: 69677
  • Recommendations: 1
If one had sufficient resources and was in good health at age 65, then thinking one might come out ahead by forgoing supplemental insurance --aka 'self-insure' to cover the gap.

No way. At least not based on what my mom pays in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/15 9:57 PM
  • Number: 69544
  • Recommendations: 1
Last night we watched our new bluray of 2001 and tonight we watched our older DVD of 2010. And now I'm listening to a recording of Also Sprach Zarathustra, by German composer Richard Strauss (1896), that begins with the knock-yer-sox-off fanfare
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/15 11:20 PM
  • Number: 888792
  • Recommendations: 2
A question -- suppose you have three employees and you need one for the Sunday shift. One says they can't because of their religious beliefs. The other two don't want to because they want to go to football parties. Should the religious belief be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/20/15 8:30 PM
  • Number: 888688
The feminist goal is to replace the Patriarchy with the Matriarchy.

You've discovered our nefarious plan! But it's too late... Bwahahahahaha....
  • Date: 5/20/15 8:28 PM
  • Number: 888686
I've done my calculations and assuming nothing really dire happens, I'll be good on $500K. Social security, small pension, a little money from my rental... I'm good. And better yet... I'm very close to being there!

I currently
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/15/15 9:38 PM
  • Number: 888598
  • Recommendations: 9
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. I got him a cookbook for high school graduation, so don't want a repeat, and he's fluent in Spanish, though that was a good suggestion, too. He's really not a leather-bound journal, words kind of guy--much more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/14/15 8:56 PM
  • Number: 888575
  • Recommendations: 0
Need graduation gift ideas for a guy, graduating from college with a great job lined up (big bucks in computer stuff), no loans, and he's a very un-materialistic type--prefers shopping at thrift stores, etc. and usually bikes over drives. He likes
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z