Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By StockGoddess

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/26/15 2:38 PM
  • Number: 5294
  • Recommendations: 0
At what point is it pointless for a high dual-income couple to ignore filing the FAFSA? I'm also a little worried about the site's security.

Twins starting in the fall but we're well into a 6-figure income...

loans,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/25/15 9:36 AM
  • Number: 5289
  • Recommendations: 1
Good times, pasta salad! I turned 50 yesterday but have twins starting college in the fall so retirement will wait until they finish. Plus another 5 years will give us a bulletproof cushion. DD also has dreams of medical school. We may or may
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/24/15 11:27 PM
  • Number: 887286
  • Recommendations: 1
What metrochick said. Around 1/3 of the software development at my previous job were H1 visa employees. Told my kids to NOT study computer science because it's causing wage deflation and fewer jobs. It's Mitts dream of outsourced America.
  • Date: 1/24/15 10:23 PM
  • Number: 21185
Hard rubber soles I meant not hard soled
  • Date: 1/24/15 10:22 PM
  • Number: 21184
  • Recommendations: 4
You want to look less American?
1. Wear nice hard soled leather walking shoes, not tennis shoes. They're better on the cobblestones too! Think Merrils or hiking boots. Tennis shoes are a dead giveaway.

2. Button up shirts not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/24/15 10:11 PM
  • Number: 76593
  • Recommendations: 2
Nah about $120 a year to manage some college 529s and Roth iras. About 5% of our net. Maybe she said if they didn't index. I like keeping her around to bounce ideas off of and sanity check stuff off the Fool ;). She has pushed us more into Roths
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/24/15 9:57 PM
  • Number: 121764
  • Recommendations: 3
If she can't handle money well at 35, 17 Years into adulthood why would she be any better at 50? Or 80? My mom wants us to hold back my sisters inheritance because she'll spend it all. I said "hell mom she's 55! At some point you stop
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/22/15 5:53 PM
  • Number: 76587
In the end, that sounds like a reasonable approach. Are you also saving some for retirement outside of these tax-favored accounts?

Not really. But I've got enough in those accounts to retire well. I've got a rental house too but I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/22/15 5:26 PM
  • Number: 76585
  • Recommendations: 3
Just had a come-to-Jesus talk with my financial advisor over this issue. She ran a scenario based on my current 401K balances and my current income and...my tax rate in retirement will be the same as it is now. Been saving like a crazy fool for 25
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/22/15 5:15 PM
  • Number: 64568
  • Recommendations: 2
I have read numerous books about it.

I tend to be skeptical of people claiming to have had certain spiritual visions who are MAKING MONEY off of said visions. Televangelists, .etc. and these people who WROTE BOOKS about it and made
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z