Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By StockGoddess

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/30/14 3:09 PM
  • Number: 71187
  • Recommendations: 0
It was $350 for the 02 and $950 for the Cat. Will the car start running rough, or just up and die suddenly? If the former, we can wait a bit more. Runs good.

This is baby's first junker car, but it was luxury when new. 2001 Nissan
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/30/14 2:24 PM
  • Number: 885283
  • Recommendations: 2
"but most people can't do math"

Or when it comes to money, are afraid to. My older sister turns 60 this year and to her saving has always meant bank accounts. Just now she's decided to start thinking about retirement! Yeah, I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/29/14 12:44 PM
  • Number: 885247
  • Recommendations: 0
I went to pick up my daughter from a party there one time and I got lost. I'm not sure of the actual square footage but - literally - I got lost.

You need a map and a pith helmet...

It's three stories (finished basement plus 2)
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/29/14 12:40 PM
  • Number: 71184
  • Recommendations: 1
In a similar vein - my kids have a car where the Check Engine light has been on ever since we bought it almost 2 years ago. It's because the car has a bad O2 sensor and a bad catalytic converter, but fixing those two items would cost more than the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/29/14 9:48 AM
  • Number: 885236
  • Recommendations: 5
DD's best friend lives in a 5000+ sq. foot house (only child). She likes ours better because she says when she's home she doesn't even KNOW for sure if her parents are home or not, unless she checks the garage for cars, and it's scary when she's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/26/14 11:03 AM
  • Number: 60320

You aren't going to starve and mostly likely you aren't going to end up living under a bridge or in a dumpster.

But what about in a van down by the river?

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/26/14 10:17 AM
  • Number: 60318
I feel for you, Miss Edith.

A year ago I was in a job that left me feeling depressed most of the time. Had a verbally abusive manager and work had ceased to be interesting a long, long time ago. With the approval of my husband, I finally
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/25/14 3:15 PM
  • Number: 5286
We sound pretty similar, except vacations were a higher priority than the house for us. Kids have been going on yearly trips since they were 4. Most of the national parks (Grand Canyon, Brice, Zion, Grand Teutons, Yellowstone), Vegas, Alaska, Gulf
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/25/14 1:32 PM
  • Number: 5284
Yes I plan to ROTH my two kids as soon as they find gainful employment. Imagine 45 years of tax-free gains! (drool).

When DD was about 10 we were driving through a neighborhood of enormous McMansions, looking at Christmas lights. She
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/24/14 1:29 PM
  • Number: 5281
  • Recommendations: 3
Yep! Twins here too! We're also going to give them the gift of an undergraduate degree debt-free, but after that....we'll see. Both are already planning on going on to graduate school but they may see things differently on the backside of four
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z