Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By PeterRabit

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/25/15 8:36 AM
  • Number: 1997213
  • Recommendations: 1
We are not talking about surgery here, just clothes and appearance.

The choice is for the parents to make: a daily battle with the child or go along with their vision of themselves.

Through the use of puberty-delaying drugs,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/25/15 8:29 AM
  • Number: 1997212
  • Recommendations: 3
American politics isnít about who you love. Itís about who you fear.

Certainly true in my case (at this point in history).

Peter
  • Date: 4/25/15 8:23 AM
  • Number: 52897
  • Recommendations: 0
>You can't. There are dozens of factors involved. I know it is compelling to think that in this post-Madden SABR era that ballplayers are little robots that can be plugged into various situations with highly predictable results, but they aren't.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/15 6:21 PM
  • Number: 1996898
>I've never run the marathon (or anything other than a 5K) but I have often gone to the Boston Marathon and lingered in the happiness near the finish line. Every one of those hurt could have easily been me or my family if I wasn't behind on my
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/15 3:06 PM
  • Number: 1996868
  • Recommendations: 1
Well, actually, I don't want to execute Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. But then I hold the consistent belief that it is inhumane to kill a defenseless person. But for those who believe in the death penalty, I suggest the decision should rest on something more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/15 2:48 PM
  • Number: 52886
Thanks for the reply, Curt. Glad to know someone else sees it the same way.

I must say it's scary to think that a baseball noob like me could make the call better than Williams at times.

Peter
  • Date: 4/21/15 9:11 PM
  • Number: 52884
NOW they bring in Roark.

No sense to me. Roark is an excellent starting pitcher, squeezed out of the rotation by Max Scherzer. He could have pitched the sixth and more innings with no strain.

The Nats were lucky that Gio did not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/21/15 8:55 PM
  • Number: 52883
It worked out OK for the Nats. Gio allowed two runs in the sixth, but escaped again with the help of a double play.

Peter
  • Date: 4/21/15 8:53 PM
  • Number: 52882
Gio Gonzalez (Nats) barely escapes the fifth inning without a run (leaving the bases loaded and the game at 1-0 Nats). He is at 97 pitches and clearly running out of steam.

Gio comes up first in the bottom of the fifth.

Why not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/15 7:32 PM
  • Number: 1996383
>Imagine if at the height of Apartheid madness in South Africa, the president of the United States had decided to partner with the racist white regime in Pretoria, lift sanctions, and put that countryís illegal nuclear program on a glide path
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z