Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By PeterRabit

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/1/04 10:30 AM
  • Number: 571174
  • Recommendations: 150
Laura Bush said last night:

No American president ever wants to go to war. Abraham Lincoln didn't want to go to war, but he knew saving the union required it. Franklin Roosevelt didn't want to go to war, but he knew defeating tyranny
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/28/12 11:38 PM
  • Number: 1840843
  • Recommendations: 119
Facts are stubborn things.

This useful reminder from JoshRandall.

He explains:

The only time in recent history when there was a serious reduction of the deficit was when Newt and the Contract for America held a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/23/04 10:46 PM
  • Number: 117695
  • Recommendations: 115
Earlier this year I looked in my crystal ball and made a prediction on the size of the deficit this year. (BTW, when I say "deficit" I mean the amount the Federal Debt goes up.)

Rabit predicts US deficit of $700B or 6% of GDP
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/25/06 7:19 AM
  • Number: 971084
  • Recommendations: 104
Prior to the civil war, many activists cooperated to assist fleeing slaves in their attempt to reach Canada where they would be safe. This chain of safe houses was called the underground railroad.

Quakers were proud members of this chain of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/15/11 3:55 AM
  • Number: 1706795
  • Recommendations: 102
Officials in Rick Perry's home state of Texas have set off a scientists' revolt after purging mentions of climate change and sea-level rise from what was supposed to be a landmark environmental report. The scientists said they were disowning the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/20/05 12:36 PM
  • Number: 672696
  • Recommendations: 100
Why did he have to say that?

"Respecting persons of all faiths, I humbly submit this prayer in the name of ... Jesus Christ."

S#!t!

He could have said, "in the name of God," couldn't he?

No one would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/19/12 5:44 PM
  • Number: 1838626
  • Recommendations: 98
McCain:

So I wonder why we are starting this new Congress with a protracted debate about a foregone conclusion… . I can only conclude we are doing this for no other reason than lingering bitterness at the outcome of the elections… . We
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/25/11 6:03 PM
  • Number: 1700885
  • Recommendations: 97
MrCynic says:

Americans living in the age of Obama are increasingly familiar with the types of problems that make doing business in Greece very difficult: a myriad of regulations and bureaucracies, strong labor unions, corruption, high
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/21/03 10:10 AM
  • Number: 347999
  • Recommendations: 96
Ursula, I, for one, appreciate your posting breaking news.

Prediction: Chemical Ali will dissappear into the bowels of the US prison camps and we will hear nothing more about him for months.

Reason: there are no chemical weapons

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/21/08 6:00 AM
  • Number: 1271142
  • Recommendations: 94
... it was in that much-heralded speech at the Republican convention that Palin tossed off a line I found more disturbing than anything unearthed about her since. It got a predictably enthusiastic response from the keyed-up partisan
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z