Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By syke6

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/5/16 8:02 PM
  • Number: 82816
  • Recommendations: 0
Let's change the system and look at it in the new light. Goofyhoofy wants to run for President. Do I just step up to the Federal Election window and say "I'd like $5 million please, for my run for President"?

What stops anyone

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/16 6:29 PM
  • Number: 22030
DW is my head navigator, likely reverting to paper maps if there's no cellular out there... Normally we shut off cell data anyway when traveling.. I have a Garmin GPS, but it's acting weird lately so we generally use our iPhones..

I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/16 3:04 PM
  • Number: 43066
I agree that this is just one study, of some people that represent the absolute EXTREME--really, really fat, with tremendous weight loss in a relatively short period of time--but the implications are interesting. I'm hoping to see more studies of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/16 1:46 PM
  • Number: 22024
  • Recommendations: 1
Is driving in Denmark a problem for me at 74? I do wonder in rental agencies have issues... 9just renewed my CA license)... I have yet to drive anywhere on our various European trips, enough to think about without additional stresses, if
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/16 5:28 PM
  • Number: 223843
  • Recommendations: 5
Anyone else think Amazon is getting close to meeting the monopoly criteria?

Amazon has maybe 40% of online retail. That's not even close to monopoly size. And there is nothing by itself about a monopoly that is illegal. But let's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/16 5:02 PM
  • Number: 495800
I'm shocked, shocked that you would suggest that the intention in good faith to pay every dime owed is questionable? Of course it will never happen but the intention is there? }};-D

I'm pretty certain that every dime that is owed
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/16 1:12 PM
  • Number: 79737
About 25 years ago, some very rich people were "principals" (I think that was the word) of Lloyd's of London. The company is the one that insured any kind of risk, from third-world dams to a famous actress's legs. The principals didn't
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/16 12:39 PM
  • Number: 495774
  • Recommendations: 7
In other words, repaying (I jest!) or at least serving that debt is dependent on the government's capability and willingness to extract a sufficient amount of taxes from that rising GDP. Given the USian maxime 'tax increases only over my dead
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/16 11:17 AM
  • Number: 102242
The best part of his TD pass was that the first thing he did was run in front of the Packer's bench and do the Discount Double Check belt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGXdhqHZmpQ
  • Date: 5/3/16 8:01 PM
  • Number: 82726
  • Recommendations: 18
There is a story attributed to LBJ, possibly apocryphal, that he was talking with his advisers and suggested floating a story that his opponent was having carnal knowledge with animals.

"But sir," the adviser said "no one
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z