Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By syke6

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/2/15 10:01 PM
  • Number: 50806
  • Recommendations: 1
The first time we went to Zion, we only spent two days, and I had to be dragged out kicking and screaming. It's the greatest national park I've seen to date--just vast and huge and rising up around you, and every corner you turn is a different
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/2/15 3:36 PM
  • Number: 475957
  • Recommendations: 3
In the Falklands war, Sea Harriers engaged Argies, which were flying a variety of A4s, Mirages and Isreali Mirage knockoffs. The kill ratio was iirc, 23 Argies shot down to zero Harriers lost. US Marine pilots developed techniques to use the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/2/15 11:37 AM
  • Number: 475939
  • Recommendations: 2
“The F-35’s technology is designed to engage, shoot and kill its enemy from long distances, not necessarily in visual ‘dogfighting’ situations,” he said.

That's true, it isn't a good dog fighter and never can be because of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/2/15 1:32 AM
  • Number: 70754
The NY Mets bought out slugger Bobby Bonilla $5.9 million contract for $1.2 million...each year for 25 years, paid from 2011 to 2035.

If that sounds insane, it gets better. As part of a different buyout Bonilla gets $500,000 a year, also
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/1/15 8:28 PM
  • Number: 475897
  • Recommendations: 7
BERLIN -- A robot has killed a contractor at one of Volkswagen's production plants in Germany, the automaker said Wednesday.
The man died Monday at the plant in Baunatal, about 100 kilometres (62 miles) north of Frankfurt, VW spokesman Heiko
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/1/15 4:16 PM
  • Number: 70749
A recent NYT interview with major stand up comics revealed that most felt that their speech was greatly restricted by PC, and they looked back to the 1950s and 1960s with nostalgia as a time when people were free to speak their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/1/15 1:49 PM
  • Number: 70746
  • Recommendations: 0
MIGHT be usable as a trainer for slower students. Otherwise, it is a doorstop (pilot-killer in combat).

It probably isn't as quite useless as the article suggests. The F-35's radar cross section is much lower than the F-16, so in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/1/15 1:23 AM
  • Number: 475845
  • Recommendations: 1
Bottom line, more money was spent with no improvement in health outcomes other than in mental health.

Is improving mental health not valued by the medical profession? Seems to me that's a pretty big win.
  • Date: 6/30/15 10:17 PM
  • Number: 70730
  • Recommendations: 0
Evidently the hosts of the show have quit too.

I wonder if Bert Parks is available?
  • Date: 6/30/15 4:17 PM
  • Number: 70725
  • Recommendations: 5
Surprising absolutely no one, the trillion dollar F-35 Fighter pretty much sucks in combat.

A test pilot has some very, very bad news about the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. The pricey new stealth jet can’t turn or climb fast enough to hit
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z