Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By syke6

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/26/16 12:46 AM
  • Number: 85653
  • Recommendations: 1
Bernstein has published a lot of good analysis, but he has also published a lot of stuff without reasonable analysis. The 3% withdrawal rate he falls back on as a very safe rate, for example, is without any justification as far as I have been
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/25/16 4:47 PM
  • Number: 85632
  • Recommendations: 4
I have often though that people who like the same sex is nature's way of controlling the population. Just a thought.

Unlikely. There are better ways to control the population. Starvation, for example. If there are too many
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/25/16 10:49 AM
  • Number: 80205
  • Recommendations: 10
I am fully aware of the tax laws. I am also fully aware that taxes will take a very large chunk of my money away, much larger than any fees. I am also very aware that our tax rates are much too high, our corrupt government is much too big
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/24/16 2:06 AM
  • Number: 501045
  • Recommendations: 0
The only way fractional shares can work well is with a functioning secondary market that provides ready liquidity.

Private companies commonly issue shares that aren't tradable on the secondary market. Koch Industries shares are
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/23/16 7:45 PM
  • Number: 85604
  • Recommendations: 5
Frankly I believe you should more worried about the Wikileaks release showing that Wasserman Schultz & the DNC were in the bag for Hillary from the git-go scoffing & looking down their nose at Sanders and his supporters.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/23/16 4:09 PM
  • Number: 501021
  • Recommendations: 2
No, they're not....but neither are bees and honey....yet when one finds the bees, the chances are high that one can also find the honey.

Low risk = low beta, high risk = high beta; beta has been often used as a proxy for

(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/22/16 7:52 PM
  • Number: 500988
Perhaps risk really is dead.

Risk and volatility aren't the same thing.
  • Date: 7/21/16 2:21 PM
  • Number: 475136
Republicans, Democrats -- the point is that many European countries in NATO aren't spending the required 2% on defense. AFAIK, there is no stipulation on how the money be allocated -- troops, submarines, airplanes, ABM systems, 40000 tonnes
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/21/16 12:05 PM
  • Number: 22158
Google flights

https://www.google.com/flights/

It is easy to search by price and data, and it will even suggest dates that might be cheaper.
  • Date: 7/21/16 11:58 AM
  • Number: 2086946
  • Recommendations: 2
What evidence do you offer that he was doing it for his "own selfish political gain?"

The purpose of the conventions (these days) is generate excitement and frame the nominee in the best possible light. This helps not
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z