Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By syke6

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/28/14 12:54 AM
  • Number: 128445
  • Recommendations: 0
You can get much better than R-2 or R-3. At least R-5 to R-7 is available.

You indeed can, but at higher cost. But same problem exists. You are making a small improvement to a small area at high cost. In your example, they spent
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/27/14 5:32 AM
  • Number: 884480
  • Recommendations: 1
Feynman's biography "Genius" by James Gleick is an excellent read.
  • Date: 8/26/14 11:40 PM
  • Number: 128440
I live near Atlanta, Georgia so air conditioning is a more important protection concern. I had a storm door put in last year and the installer told me I could save enough on energy efficient window replacement to make it pay for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/14 3:21 PM
  • Number: 75578
It's a nice idea, but I don't think many car dealers will accept credit card payments for larger sums like that - at least in my area. Perhaps in the past they did.

One dealer allowed 2K by credit card and a check for the rest. Another

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/14 1:06 PM
  • Number: 127494
  • Recommendations: 5
So on the short end, you need to keep an IUL 3-5 years to be a good choice. On the long end, if you hold longer than 10 years, an IUL performs worse than the SP500. So an IUL is only the best choice for timeframes of 4-10 years?

For
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/14 12:04 PM
  • Number: 75573
  • Recommendations: 3
What card are you using to get 2%? I have a 1.5% and a 1% from Amazon which I like just because they make it so darn easy to use the reward poinnts.

The Fidelity American Express pays 2%. Problem is nobody takes American
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/25/14 9:34 PM
  • Number: 95936
In terms of "what might have been but for injury" in the QB department, my gold standard is Bert Jones.

Chad Pennington too.
  • Date: 8/25/14 11:57 AM
  • Number: 457312
Hoovers do suck, both literally an figuratively, but they could suck more with better engineering at the same time as they suck less. I'm glad the EU is mandating it. Perhaps it will spur the neaderthals here to buy more efficient appliances,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/23/14 6:37 PM
  • Number: 457207
  • Recommendations: 2
I understand why independent truck owners put in the long-haul trips, but why don't the large trucking companies do it with relay drivers, so the drivers can do a round trip in two different trucks and go home?

Logistically too
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/22/14 12:36 AM
  • Number: 457107
Thats easy, the evolution of the relief pitcher and the constant "pitching match-up". I always hated games where in the span of 3 batters you had 3 pitching changes. Each change adds a good 10 minutes.

Now how you

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z