Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By syke6

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/2/14 1:59 PM
  • Number: 59862
  • Recommendations: 4
At least four hostages held in Syria by the Islamic State, including an American journalist who was recently executed by the group, were waterboarded in the early part of their captivity, according to people familiar with the treatment of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/2/14 12:49 PM
  • Number: 457814
  • Recommendations: 0
The lack of a state income tax...

Ain't all it is cracked up to be. The other taxes are quite...healthy.
  • Date: 9/2/14 12:37 PM
  • Number: 75678
Employer match seems pretty straight forward, few exceptions if any. But with the rule of 55 on 401K it might be more advantageous to load up 401K beyond the employer match if you intend to retire between the age of 55 and 59 1/2. This seems to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/14 3:46 PM
  • Number: 75650
Anyone who's watched basketball has seen their team go conservative with a 10 point lead watch it evaporate because they went away from what got them there.

Or the prevent defense in football. ("prevent" is pronounced
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/14 3:42 PM
  • Number: 127568
I figure, in layman's terms, that it could be said like this: They've got to keep interest rates low to keep moving out the monopoly money. At higher rates, they couldn't move as much of it.

I think that's a fair summary, but I don't
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/14 2:12 AM
  • Number: 59850
  • Recommendations: 2
Celebrating Labor Day
is celebrating unions.

A fact not lost on the local teabag community. They are encouraging people to work on Labor Day as a protest against unions. I suspect they won't get much traction with their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/28/14 12:54 AM
  • Number: 128445
You can get much better than R-2 or R-3. At least R-5 to R-7 is available.

You indeed can, but at higher cost. But same problem exists. You are making a small improvement to a small area at high cost. In your example, they spent
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/27/14 5:32 AM
  • Number: 884480
  • Recommendations: 1
Feynman's biography "Genius" by James Gleick is an excellent read.
  • Date: 8/26/14 11:40 PM
  • Number: 128440
I live near Atlanta, Georgia so air conditioning is a more important protection concern. I had a storm door put in last year and the installer told me I could save enough on energy efficient window replacement to make it pay for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/14 3:21 PM
  • Number: 75578
It's a nice idea, but I don't think many car dealers will accept credit card payments for larger sums like that - at least in my area. Perhaps in the past they did.

One dealer allowed 2K by credit card and a check for the rest. Another

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z