Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By syke6

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/5/16 3:54 PM
  • Number: 489287
  • Recommendations: 0
Mitochondria are the "batteries" of the cell. So if you remove all the batteries, how the heck are those cells still "running"? I can see in a test tube or petri dish where via osmosis you can take care of the cells, but in a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/4/16 4:09 PM
  • Number: 489229
  • Recommendations: 1
States can play shell games like Michigan does. Round after round of "supply side" tax cuts, paid for by increased taxes on retirees and working poor, reduced funding for education, reduced funding for infrastructure, reduced revenue
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/4/16 1:57 PM
  • Number: 78824
  • Recommendations: 0
There are volunteer fire and rescue people, although I think they should be paid and paid well.

To a point they are blaming the government for killing people, when in fact this thing called "coverage" is not killing people, the

(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/4/16 1:07 PM
  • Number: 489221
  • Recommendations: 5
I recall when he was first elected, LA had around $1 billion surplus, the then outgoing Gov was going to spend it (immediately post Katrina) but Bobby asked he not too. She didn't. But within the first few months in office, the $1 billion surplus
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/4/16 1:29 AM
  • Number: 222323
  • Recommendations: 24
"We looked around and found that there are no brick-and-mortar bookstores left. I wonder what happened to them?"

I've dropped by the Amazon bookstore in Seattle a few times. It is a *great* bookstore. Every section is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/3/16 6:29 PM
  • Number: 78795
  • Recommendations: 2
I've been experiencing schadenfreude watching the Jeb Bush disaster unfold. At the debates, he's been a punching bag for Trump and Rubio and can't seem to find his footing.

The latest disaster is Jeb begging his audience to clap after he
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/3/16 6:14 PM
  • Number: 78794
  • Recommendations: 27
How does not having Medicaid kill people? If the doctor and or medical facility really cared they would treat these people for free. I thought with current health laws it was illegal to NOT have coverage?

The article explained the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/3/16 1:44 PM
  • Number: 78782
  • Recommendations: 38
Itís been said that perhaps itís an ideological difference, that we just donít want to accept federal dollars. But if that were true, I donít see that we would see many in the Legislature accepting federal dollars for federal farm subsidies. Ö
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/3/16 1:54 AM
  • Number: 101310
  • Recommendations: 1
The other notable thing that followed that game was that the Ravens waived Trent Dilfer, making him the only winning SB QB to lose his job.

And the next year Elvis Grbac threw three interceptions in the divisional round to end their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/3/16 12:46 AM
  • Number: 173135
  • Recommendations: 33
Some Years Ago, there was a Mensa Convention in San Francisco. Mensa, as you know, is A National Organization for People who have An IQ of 140 or Higher.

Several of The Mensa Members went out for Lunch at a Local Cafe.

When

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z