Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFTortoise

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/27/16 11:20 AM
  • Number: 60
  • Recommendations: 0
I just got my first dividend and a big surprise. Almost a hundred dollars in fees and foreign taxes. That ate up a third of the dividend. Is this still a good investment?

Hi herb44,

BUD is actually a Belgium company. What
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 9:40 AM
  • Number: 2324
  • Recommendations: 3
Now what most members want to know is if and when the Bayer deal will go through. The market pricing still shows some reservations.

Hi Bob,

No clue. Last I heard is MON rejected the bid as being too low, while leaving the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 8:45 AM
  • Number: 2322
  • Recommendations: 5
Hi everyone,

<snip>

This month, the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) an independent group created by Congress released what is, to date, one of the most extensive reviews of genetically modified crops. The nearly
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 8:19 AM
  • Number: 314
  • Recommendations: 3
You know what else is interesting? Among the major financial sites, be it CNBC or Seeking Alpha, you end up seeing hardly any attention given to Sherwin-Williams at all.

The great investor Peter Lynch loved those kinds of companies.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 8:13 AM
  • Number: 2663
  • Recommendations: 14
Hi everyone,

One of my favorite investors to read is Bill Smead. Here's what he had to say about investing as taught by singer/songwriter Billy Joel:

3. "Pressure" 1982

"But you will come to a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 7:48 AM
  • Number: 3081
  • Recommendations: 5
This is why [candidate of your choice] needs to stay in the race.

Let's keep politics out of this, please. These boards are not the place for such discussion.

Jim
  • Date: 5/26/16 7:44 AM
  • Number: 17466
  • Recommendations: 1
removing the Pro/Options track from the breakout sessions

This year we didn't have service-specific tracks for the breakout sessions at Fool Fest. Instead we were more topical and members could choose from among them rather than
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/16 4:18 PM
  • Number: 538
  • Recommendations: 1
If it prematurely gets called ... I assume I exercise my bought call to cover the shares that I'm short due to the called away shares, correct?

Hi Howard,

Nope.

Please see this for ideas for what is better: (Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/16 8:37 AM
  • Number: 40983
Hi Lisa,

On the page listing your favorited boards, there's a Customize link in the bar across the top. Click that. There's a list of all your favorite boards on the right. You can highlight one, then click the Remove button.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/16 4:20 PM
  • Number: 17460
Please comment on relative merits of a naked 125 Jul 15 Sell put on HD (about 1.14 currently) versus a diagonal spread, per Jeff's recommendation (B Jan 18 95 call - ask 41.05; Sell Aug 16 140 call (ask 1.75 currently)

Hi
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z