Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFTortoise

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 11/26/14 3:18 PM
  • Number: 12229
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi everyone,

Tomorrow, of course, Fool offices will be closed (as will be the market) in recognition of the U.S. Thanksgiving Day holiday.

We will also close early this Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, at 1:00 p.m. ET. The
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/26/14 3:17 PM
  • Number: 37556
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi everyone,

Tomorrow, of course, Fool offices will be closed (as will be the market) in recognition of the U.S. Thanksgiving Day holiday.

We will also close early this Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, at 1:00 p.m. ET. The
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/26/14 2:36 PM
  • Number: 1395
  • Recommendations: 2
Hi everyone,

SeaDrill (NYSE: SDRL) reported earnings for the third quarter and dropped a major bombshell on the market.

Release: (Continued...)
  • Date: 11/26/14 10:06 AM
  • Number: 1378
Hi everyone,

As we know, when SeaDrill reported results this morning, it announced that it is suspending its dividend. That is huge and the market is reacting appropriately with the 16.7% drop in share price as I write.

I haven't
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/26/14 9:35 AM
  • Number: 659
  • Recommendations: 4
Jim, I am going to take a shot at you. I apologize in advance.

Hi Huddaman,

Appreciate your comments, the spirit in which I'm sure they're meant, and the concern. Also appreciate your points about age vs. percentage in a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/26/14 8:46 AM
  • Number: 196
The link to my spreadsheet that Lon posted is now out of date - I have to get TMF (AllyZay?) to update the link.

Hi John,

Ellen (TMFKabellen), Options' editor should be able to do that for you. You can either contact
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/25/14 1:41 PM
  • Number: 14548
promoted to LtCol!

Congrats!

Based on the pictures of your wife you've been posting, I wouldn't have thought you were old enough. :-)

(A compliment, by the way, to both you and her.)

Cheers,
Jim
  • Date: 11/25/14 1:34 PM
  • Number: 12216
  • Recommendations: 2
Hi lavmulk,

A family member -- and much more experienced investor than me -- expressed her belief in options being risky. So I'm wanting to check out a few thoughts to make sure I'm correctly understanding covered calls (the only options
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/24/14 9:30 PM
  • Number: 14515
..anyone switch to IB with a revocable trust?..

Yes, I did. Not that big a deal. Have to title the account correctly and provide proof of trust existence, but that's fairly standard. This was my main taxable account where I do 99%
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/24/14 8:56 PM
  • Number: 652
  • Recommendations: 14
I thought i was a long term investor, but INVN and SALE make me lean to short term

Hi FoolSchool2013,

I wrote the following in a column for Stock Advisor a while back:

The biggest impediment to investor
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z