Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFTortoise

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/28/16 7:30 AM
  • Number: 41196
  • Recommendations: 0
I was wondering wondering if there's the risk of losing my shares or my shares being stuck in the trust for a long time if Interactive Brokers collapse.

Hi Phenol,

Well, I think the risk of IB (or any major broker)
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/27/16 2:53 PM
  • Number: 24330
  • Recommendations: 5
I am just curious if someone in the dev team has looked at discourse to replace the forum software?

Hi Bulgogi,

Over the years, Fool IT has looked at several different possible solutions. My understanding is that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/27/16 9:16 AM
  • Number: 2640
  • Recommendations: 10
Can anyone help explain this to me? Will I have to pay taxes on any investment income in this case?

Hi Patrick,

Caveat: The following is my understanding, only. It does not constitute tax advice from either me or The Motley
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/27/16 8:55 AM
  • Number: 7786
If they can do it, that would be phenomenal. Fusion is much, much safer than fission, though it will be confusing to those who don't understand the difference (and vote).

Don't know if it will be a decade, though. These sorts of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/27/16 8:51 AM
  • Number: 5828
To make matters really confusing, earlier this month Motley Fool recommended it as a dividend stock, and yet Fly hasn't made a dividend payment to share holders yet this year. None of this makes sense, and there is no good current analysis
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/27/16 8:17 AM
  • Number: 41185
  • Recommendations: 8
Hi everyone,

Ran across this post by Joshua Brown on The Reformed Broker. Interesting post and a way of reframing any concern we might be feeling with markets down sharply after the Brexit vote.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/27/16 8:14 AM
  • Number: 41184
what is the re-rec described on The Disciplined Trader today ?

Hi Andyuro,

Do you have a link?

If it refers to Stock Advisor, I'm guessing it was last month's choice of Berkshire Hathaway on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/27/16 8:12 AM
  • Number: 41183
What are the 10 stocks better than XOM?

Hi bones,

Not sure, as I haven't seen that ad.

You can pretty much ignore the advertisements you see for Stock Advisor and not miss anything. It's just
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/27/16 8:10 AM
  • Number: 41182
Has anyone used Interactive Brokers to invest in stocks? Is it a safe and reliable trading platform? Does it have the same risk as MF Global?

Hi Phenol,

Interactive Brokers is one of the two brokerages where I have
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/16 5:15 PM
  • Number: 33808
  • Recommendations: 1
TortoiseDuuude - what's harsh? The Decider article? HBO's decision to can the series? The series itself?

Hi Duuude1,

The article and its analysis of HBO's decisions.

Sorry for confusing you (and maybe
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z