Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFTortoise

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/29/15 1:39 PM
  • Number: 2600
  • Recommendations: 3
For better or for worse (in this case, worse seems to be winning), there is one overwhelmingly important measure of a marketing campaign: does it work. I don't know anyone who disagrees with you about the negative aspects of TMF marketing, even
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/19/15 6:52 PM
  • Number: 11234
  • Recommendations: 1
I paid $70.25 for the shares and sell them at $70, my premium will get tagged for .25/share in the end, as one way to look at it?

Hi Alamo,

Um, maybe. Sort of.

I'd rather look at it this way. Share basis = $70.25.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/19/15 3:46 PM
  • Number: 18402
  • Recommendations: 10
Responding to last post in thread...

Hi everyone,

Thank you for everyone’s comments here. Launching the ticker guide program in its current form took a lot of effort and a lot of work behind the scenes, involving many people
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/19/15 3:25 PM
  • Number: 11231
  • Recommendations: 0
What are the mechanics of how this trade works if, for example, the stock runs to $75 by July or even ends up at $71 or some such thing?

Hi Alamo,

Please read the Covered Calls section of Options U: (Continued...)
  • Date: 5/19/15 2:26 PM
  • Number: 13777
is there any fallacy in writing short duration covered calls on stock and if it gets called (and I like the long term) just buying it at a higher cost? It seems i pocket the cash and am pretty much where I started on the stock!

Hi
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/18/15 6:56 PM
  • Number: 11220
  • Recommendations: 1
I'm interested in trading on my positions monthly and was wondering if switching to Interactive Brokers would be a significant boost to my returns?

Hi philrat,

The way to answer that is to analyze the data.

Look at
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/18/15 6:33 PM
  • Number: 17229
too many coffee places, brew pubs & Meade houses

Those are dangers?

Jim
  • Date: 5/18/15 12:45 PM
  • Number: 5802
  • Recommendations: 4
Hi everyone,

Per Fool rules, I have sought and received permission from our Compliance Dept. in order to sell shares of two holdings (Starbucks, SBUX, and SolarCity, SCTY) that are in a joint account, owned by my father-in-law and me.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/18/15 11:29 AM
  • Number: 11213
But in this case, "doing nothing" meant accepting shares, so in a sense by not making any recommendation, he was really recommending accepting shares, correct?

Yes. By not issuing a buy to close order prior to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/18/15 10:56 AM
  • Number: 11211
  • Recommendations: 2
In past months I haven't had to go to any discussion boards to find the follow-up advice, it has always been in the e-mailed newsletters. Is that no longer going to be true?

Hi AlanO,

The reason you haven't seen any
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z