Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFTortoise

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/27/17 8:38 PM
  • Number: 1247
  • Recommendations: 0
but never figured it was worth it for 1 synthetic long when factoring in interest charges

Hi Patrick,

What interest charges?

You're not borrowing any money, so why would you be charged interest on a synthetic
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/17 5:00 PM
  • Number: 7262
What paperwork?

I meant paperwork as shorthand for the extra effort in tracking all the different tranches sold, adjusting the average cost basis every time, and so on, not in the meaning of tax reporting.

Jim
  • Date: 2/27/17 4:38 PM
  • Number: 4296
How does one avoid dividend poaching? Can a person look up an ex-div date somewhere or does it require some math on my part regarding an upcoming dividend to be paid and the remaining time value on a covered call?

Hi
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/17 4:23 PM
  • Number: 2696
  • Recommendations: 2
Looking at the recommended stock repair (April 25/26/27) has me a bit worried that I'll be forced to sell the shares at a loss if GME rises above 27 in the next couple months.

Hi Blubberx,

To answer both you and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/17 4:14 PM
  • Number: 6367
What level options trading permission do I need (eTrade)to set up a stock repair strategy?

Hi Marc,

You need to be able to do spread trades. According to the Brokerage Permission Matrix (found on the Guidebook tab, above /
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/17 1:49 PM
  • Number: 42647
Well a 2 year T-Note is yielding 1.12%.

The trouble with that is if interest rates go up, the face value of that bond will drop, resulting in a loss of principle...

Jim
  • Date: 2/27/17 1:00 PM
  • Number: 7260
  • Recommendations: 1
Let me put this another way. In an IRA, if you want to make a partial sell, would you sell the lots that would make the greatest profit?

Hi Mark,

That question only makes sense if you are tracking average basis of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/17 10:46 AM
  • Number: 6322
Hi Schmidtkjr,

That one might be Match.com (MTCH). The way it is "like" Amazon in 1997 is because David recommended Amazon back then shortly after it became public. He's also recommended MTCH
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/17 10:05 AM
  • Number: 10699
  • Recommendations: 1
It sounds like an opportunity for an enterprising entrepreneur to start a second hand market place for MF higher priced services contracts like One and Pro that have gone past their now limited one money money back guarantee with no prorated
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/17 9:20 AM
  • Number: 3662
  • Recommendations: 5
why the heck the Fool isn't still doing Post of the Day? It was very followed and cost them nothing to do. Stopping it made no sense.

Hi Saul,

Rob cannot, but I can. I reached out to our Fool Community Manager and
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z