Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFTortoise

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/3/16 6:06 PM
  • Number: 4176
  • Recommendations: 3
About a month or so later, the stock soared on the earnings announcement and outlook. While the TV didn't go to zero, the premium earned was around that 85% mark. The strike price was now many levels OTM.

I probably

(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/3/16 5:56 PM
  • Number: 19664
  • Recommendations: 0
On the page for "Get to Know Your Broker" => In Pictures section the link is not working to TD Ameritrade.

Hi chasa,

Thanks. We'll get those hyperlinks fixed.

Note, in case you didn't know,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/3/16 9:28 AM
  • Number: 4174
you might want to double check the question......

Umm. Yeah. Thanks.

Buy long term calls, sell short term puts. For some reason I interpreted that as short term calls, possibly because I had been reading other posts about
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/2/16 10:09 PM
  • Number: 4172
Hi Kris,

That's called a "diagonal call" strategy and is quite common around here. Check out the Options U lesson on that, my Weekly from November 18 ("Two Strikes! You're In"), and various diagonals we're
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/2/16 10:06 PM
  • Number: 4171
Hi ADRInvestor,

If you go over to the Options MTH board and read some of the past posts I've put up there, you can see how we're thinking about that. It's a matter of how much more time value you can extract from rolling the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/2/16 10:04 PM
  • Number: 19661
But tell me this, if I had bought $5,000 dollars of every alert the Motley Fool Option Service recommended since January 1st 2016 and then also closed out the positions on The Fools recommendation, what would I have today?

Hi
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/2/16 9:54 PM
  • Number: 6244
I greedily sold 80$ leaps on my $70 WDAY stock for 16.10/share seeking double digit returns. Today WDAY tumbled 12.5% to 71.40 based on the unexpectedly high losses. Questions have arisen about its valuation (more tumbling to come?). I am still
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/2/16 9:52 PM
  • Number: 6243
You know, I just remembered that a really good place to ask tax-related questions like this (donate shares, repurchase stock, tax consequences...) is on the public Tax Strategies board. Lots of professional CPAs hang out there, willing to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/2/16 9:46 PM
  • Number: 1163
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi IKBrunel,

Ollen's answered some.

Also, see this post of mine slightly down board from your post: (Continued...)
  • Date: 12/2/16 9:43 PM
  • Number: 1162
I wanted to buy 100 shares and write a Feb 17 33 call. Your suggestion a premium of 1.00. The best I can get is .76. what is maximum debit I should accept

Hi Quarsh,

If you want to do both parts (buy shares and sell a call)
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z