Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFTortoise

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/30/16 9:59 AM
  • Number: 3880
  • Recommendations: 0
Purchased the 100 shares, and entered a transaction to do the covered call for the Dec 16 at 22$, 1 contract, limit of $20.35, and expire at end of day. It did not sell and the order was cancelled. Did I enter the limit$ correctly?
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/30/16 9:53 AM
  • Number: 3879
Would you say that once you got onto options that most (or many)of your long term equity entries are a result of writing puts?

Hi Russell,

The cash generated from options has certainly been a factor allowing me to buy more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/16 3:57 PM
  • Number: 1723
  • Recommendations: 5
Hi everyone,

Here are my notes from my review of the quarter's earnings release and conference call. These are followed by my new Analyst Insight which should shortly populate the snapshot page (click the ticker symbol,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/16 3:47 PM
  • Number: 18622
I enjoy the scorecard section of the site. I was wondering if there is a way in which I can keep score with Options in a similar way?

Hi Springbok,

Welcome to Options!

Please see this answer to a nearly identical
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/16 3:44 PM
  • Number: 3869
  • Recommendations: 1
This is a difficult question to answer. What annual return can I expect "on avg." from the recommended option trades by this service? I know you cannot guarantee anything; but would like to hear from experienced option traders.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/16 1:27 PM
  • Number: 6953
  • Recommendations: 5
Back in June, the team discussed the original offer Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) made to buy SolarCity (Nasdaq: SCTY). (Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/16 11:41 AM
  • Number: 3857
Hi Kathleen,

Further to what Len just wrote, you are not the only one who makes mistakes.

I had a doozy one earlier this year. Was trying to roll a put (close the current one by buying it, open a new one further out in time by
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/16 11:30 AM
  • Number: 1065
I did successfully Sell to Open a KMI Put with a strike price of $20 and I paid $1.12 for the contract. My question is, I thought that I would see a $120 credit in my account for writing this option, but I don't. When is that supposed to show
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/16 11:27 AM
  • Number: 3855
I wrote a put on Gamestop with a strike price of $28. The expiration date is October 21. The stock is now at $28.70. What happens to the premium if I am required to buy the stock early in the game?

Hi CH108,

The premium you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/29/16 11:22 AM
  • Number: 18615
If you can walk me thru the put from the 8/26 call I will be eternally grateful.

Hi Kathleen,

See this: (Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z