Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By synchronicityII

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/24/15 9:19 AM
  • Number: 64274
  • Recommendations: 1
And I thought MrBig was bad. Well, he is a food hoarder (he can't dispute the food hoarding charge, although he tries).

Uh, re: food...

So, our local outpost of Large National Supermarket Chain had pasta on sale. 12 oz.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/8/15 3:52 PM
  • Number: 23315
  • Recommendations: 17
We're currently in a small village called Vathi (I'm posting this from a hotel hallway). Daughter and I sat in Global First Class on the DC to Frankfurt leg of our journey there (tell LBYM that and Heads Will Explode. Has there been a plane travel
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/28/15 8:53 PM
  • Number: 889644
  • Recommendations: 6
After losing the debate, a bankster defender wrote

Hmm, what exactly was that you were saying earlier about "If you cannot respond to the arguments, then attack the person making the arguments!"?

Oh well,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/28/15 7:52 PM
  • Number: 889642
  • Recommendations: 5
Unemployment has been declining for the last several years.

Huh? Are you saying you cannot read a simple graph? Or are you saying that if you stop counting the unemployed then unemployment is declining! Which one is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/28/15 5:23 PM
  • Number: 889637
  • Recommendations: 5
You're amusing, and that reply appears impervious to facts and logic, but what the heck, I've got a few minutes to waste.

1. Too expensive compared to the income of the average person. A person making $50,000/year cannot afford this
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/28/15 3:00 PM
  • Number: 889626
  • Recommendations: 11
1. Too expensive compared to the income of the average person. A person making $50,000/year cannot afford this thing.

If one puts 20% down on a 200K house, the mortgage would be 160K. Checking (Continued...)
  • Date: 7/24/15 6:55 PM
  • Number: 50839
  • Recommendations: 0
Eggs are not refrigerated, since they don't need to be

That's because, unlike here, they don't wash the protective natural layer of stuff off of them. Apparently many countries do that, but we're one of the relatively rare ones that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/15 11:59 AM
  • Number: 23308
  • Recommendations: 40
Two week notice at the current job, then a month off, then starting at the new job. Not moving (at least not in the foreseeable future).

Learned a lot here, sometimes not exactly in the way one might hope :-), but it's been great
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/10/15 1:12 AM
  • Number: 23305
  • Recommendations: 0
Going through ancient posts:

There are things about it he'll like and probably more things he'll hate, but it's a liveable city and there's enough diversity that he'll be able to find an edible gyro.

We have yet to make it
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/1/15 11:55 AM
  • Number: 2006629
  • Recommendations: 40
This plan worked so well for Circuit City. Get rid of our top performers because we pay them too much, hire a bunch of minimum wage drones and watch the profits...wait, where did all the customers go? I thought fire experienced help + hire
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z