Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By synchronicityII

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/24/16 10:50 AM
  • Number: 23513
  • Recommendations: 0
I don't see what the big deal is. It is fairly simple. Salt and pepper only and then smoke for 1 hour per pound.

EW.

-synchronicity, in Texas, them thar's fightin' words
  • Date: 6/22/16 6:18 PM
  • Number: 894448
  • Recommendations: 1
I bought my house in 1985 on a variable mortgage. Interest rates were high at the time and I expected them to decline. They did.

Others spent time and money to repeatedly refinance their mortgage. I started out with a low interest rate,

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/21/16 8:26 PM
  • Number: 894395
Oh, and not that it means much of anything, but for various reasons (which some of you out there might be aware of), as an investor I'm the poster child for Modern Portfolio Theory. Our retirement accounts are 70% US Equity Index, 30%
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/21/16 4:37 PM
  • Number: 894389
Also, sometimes it's quite useful to appear poor.

I take some solace in the fact that, even if I park in a "sketchy" area, any would-be troublemakers are likely to look at other vehicles before they get to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/16 9:51 PM
  • Number: 894368
  • Recommendations: 0
The story goes a little deeper than the car is just transportation so who gives a Sh-t. Either you're in denial or ignorant of your true motivations and feelings.

If I were on a deserted island would I be perfectly happy driving a 17

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/16 7:23 PM
  • Number: 894363
  • Recommendations: 29
of course, there are reasons someone might want a new vehicle, find that it's within their means, and decide to use their money on that. I just don't feel the need to go on the "I Bought A New Car" boards somewhere and tell
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/16 3:12 PM
  • Number: 3865
  • Recommendations: 3
That one form of random internet stuff is reliable for a duck* measuring contest, but a bunch of others aren't.

-synchronicity

*- why the heck does one care about anyone else's waterfowl, anyway?
  • Date: 6/20/16 1:12 PM
  • Number: 894352
  • Recommendations: 3
I absolutely know that many people who frequent this board are millionaires,

The deuce, you say! Why, next thing you know, you'll be claiming that those millionaires take month-long vacations overseas and fly First Class there
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/18/16 5:02 PM
  • Number: 894276
  • Recommendations: 13
it looks like you have some type of authority complex Keeler. Typical 60s liberal pfff. You may think yourself a peer to your lawyer friend (or to me for that matter) but if he's really a top partner like you claim he's miles ahead of you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/17/16 4:15 PM
  • Number: 472821
Right - and I've sometimes seen it using some type of "productivity adjustment." But adjusted for inflation, the current minimum wage is pretty much average, and the all-time high is around $10.

When I ran the numbers a
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z