Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By synchronicityII

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/19/15 2:56 PM
  • Number: 23150
  • Recommendations: 0
Most basement water issues (don't know if you have a basement)

Nope, slab. Basements around here are pretty much nonexistent, because of soil issues (expansive) and the frost line being so close to ground, so no need for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/15 2:28 PM
  • Number: 23148
Yeah, so far we haven't had any foundation issues, but DFW is infamous for foundation issues being a "when" rather than an "if".

We have a general slope away from the house in the immediate vicinity, but the overall
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/15 12:42 PM
  • Number: 23146
  • Recommendations: 1
In a general order from most important to least, but not exactly. And yes, RJ's recent life changes are inspirational, to say the least (RJ really is even a better person IRL than you'd believe from reading the boards, and I realize that's a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/15 4:11 PM
  • Number: 1996362
Of course not. Dead people always end up casting ballots for Democrats.

I gave you a rec for that one.

-synchronicity, ex-Chicagoan
  • Date: 4/17/15 2:57 PM
  • Number: 1996354
No, estate tax laws don't hit the people the libs really hate. They nail small businesses, some of which may be worth in the low 7 figures.

If a small business is in the low seven figures, they're not impacted by federal estate
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/15 2:55 PM
  • Number: 1996352
11 million not protected with a trust.

Er, yes. So your "barely into seven figure" people, with a business or without, with NO estate planning, not even what they could have an attorney do for under $3,000, would have a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/15 1:34 PM
  • Number: 23143
Now that the GOP controlled house has voted to eliminate the "death tax", I may need that pic with the caption "Brace Yourself" and the additional bit "Now Everyone is an Estate Tax Attorney"

Or something like
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/15 1:19 PM
  • Number: 1996331
  • Recommendations: 7
Who does pay the tax? A family that does have some money. Maybe just barely into seven figures, or less maybe with a business... who has NOT drawn up an estate plan or put their assets into a trust.

Don't quit your day
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/16/15 4:25 PM
  • Number: 64210
You forgot gummint cheese.

-synchronicity, could be combined with gummint macaroni...
  • Date: 4/16/15 12:59 PM
  • Number: 23130
  • Recommendations: 4
I would have but paying for two college tuitions and one show horse out of pocket takes a chunk out of the monthly paycheck.

But it's not a lot of money.

-synchronicity
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z